Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Alpha Strike / Re: Recon Formation and JMPS units
« Last post by nckestrel on Today at 15:09:18 »
Yes.  As long as it has a movement of 10”+, it doesn’t matter which or what other movement types it has. 
No, originally, Protomechs were designed to replace conventional Battlemechs by the resource-strapped Jaguars.

And Stephanie's forces suffer from the same issue that Jiyi's do: lack of warriors.  They still have a lot of battlefield salvage plus Terra's factories to equip themselves from.

More like a willingness to accept Spheroid soldiers into their ranks. The same issue that currently hampers the Wolves on Terra. I mean in theory with all the RAf personel who did not leave Terra there should be enough bodies to fill at least a few clusters. Though if the Falcon are to become the new Blackwatch that might be another factor that hampers recruitment
The Inner Sphere / Re: Battlemech Distribution
« Last post by Metallgewitter on Today at 14:59:14 »
The 6S is a Lyran manufactured variant of the Griffin (which debuted in 3065). So I would think it won't be produced on Talon unless they aquired a license for this particular versionb
Fan Fiction / Re: Hidden Hope (Golden Lion AU, Part 4)
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 14:57:19 »
05/02/3052
Ranna breathed in the resinous smell of the woods blowing in and stirring up dandelions through the bullet cracked window of their MRAP truck. ‘The Outskirts’ as Chloe had called it looked more like a frontier village than the modern hilltop city of Alba that rose above it, or the Star Adder military outpost that occupied the former timberyards that had been looted to build it. Search/Track RADARs, Microwave Rectennas, Sprawling Satellite Dishes, innumerable configurations of Radio Antennae, an HPG Mast attached to a mobile generator truck, and Air-Defense Arrow IV batteries were deployed from superheavy trucks and crawlers to rise above a fence line patrolled by Military Police Gun-Trucks. Heavy duty tents had been deployed for personnel, and a group of Mobile Field Bases were roughly assembled on pads reinforced for logging trucks and other heavy equipment, like Battlemechs.

The convoy rounded toward a collection of Battlemechs from four different Clan units and the defeated Wolf’s Dragoons. Left behind in continuing churn caused by the active front Antares was supporting. Overflow from the larger maintenance depot at Antares City’s Starport if the Dragoon mechs on 12x12 Civil Infrastructure Unit’s Heavy Engineering Flatbeds were any sign. Their guard detail disembarked and spread out as the Star Colonel slipped out of her own vehicle donning her now signature beret. Chloe needed to put her shoulder into it to move the heavy door and slip down the high truck until only the top of her torso was visible from the inside. “Time to move bondswoman.”

She slipped across and landed amidst the churning diesel engine in tan fatigues adorned with the same patches as a Star Adder MechWarrior. In this uniform she looked almost like Katya if she was slightly shorter sans burgundy beret and pistol in the holster attached to her cooling vest, now devoid of its Dragoon markings and noticeably without Star Adder ones. Katya beckoned her forward and walked beside her for a bit in silence as they observed the Technicians of INTER-LOGI at work, stacks of armor plates zoomed about on flatbeds, sparks shot out from the reshaping of metal, ammunition carefully loaded by drones under the supervision of ordnance personnel, and some in HazMat suits recharged heat sinks with coolant and other essential fluids.

Ranna kept quiet, as usual feigning meekness to her bondholder and present Military Governor of the planet. It was easier that way, Katya had no problem expressing herself directly if necessary, and it was in her best interest to earn her trust and access until the cavalry came. What she would do after that had to yet to be determined. Hers was a complex day-by-day operation because her bondholder was a mercurial woman and she stepped lightly to maintain balance and her freedom. The Star Colonel was already under pressure from the saKhan to support two Theaters at the same time with hardly any resources although more were en route, but no one knew whether they would be enough.

They arrived at one of the Mobile Field Bays to see a Warhammer. Natasha Kerensky’s Warhammer-6K still in its red and black Dragoon colors where undamaged. Large sections of bare metal were exposed though where the Technicians had repaired battle damage but not repainted the panels. There were also twice as many missile tubes and an underbarrel laser system that wasn’t there before beneath the PPC emitters.
“We made some adjustments to your Warhammer bondswoman.”
“Oh, you shouldn’t have.”

She heard a faint snarl, and quietly regretted the contraction included in her idle minded comment. “Well, it is done.”
“Natasha Kerensky did not need Clantech to become the most feared MechWarrior in the Inner Sphere for almost twenty years. Do you think I might?”
“Perhaps I do. You have not given the best showing of yourself. Losing to the chalcas Diana and being swiftly incapacitated by my trap. In time perhaps I think you could manage to earn a place, but you might be held back by your half-freeborn parentage.”
“Joshua Wolf impressed another Katya well enough fighting Mongoose on Circe to earn his place in the Touman and be trusted by the Khan. I will do the same.”

A Binary of Tomahawk IIC fighters buzzed them and circled back to land on the improved runway that the CIU had laid out alongside the river that was more commonly used by the Nova Fox contingent from the Anne Rosse. Ranna heard the conversation between Katya and the Mongoose reinforcements recently arrived in orbit under the command of Galaxy Commander Taney.

Ranna couldn’t hear the private conversation between them, but Katya was fuming at the end. “Well, if you can hold your own against this irritating Mongoose then perhaps you have a chance to impress me. You will ride with me for now.” Katya motioned to round up the convoy and head over to where the Titan had stopped dwarfing the fighters and smaller dropships positioned there.
The error is fixed.
The Inner Sphere / Re: Battlemech Distribution
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 14:09:50 »
This is a question which I have been mulling over in my head. How long would it take for a version of a battlemech to be disturbed to far flung places. For example, how likely would a Griffin-6S in 3072 be part of a planet's militia mech force? Say the planet is Pattison in the FedSun outback. 
You might need to check around for the source of this, but I could swear I saw that the 6S was produced in the Suns at Talon/Werke till it got nuked.
Might be TRO:Phoenix, might be the FS Housebook from 3060's, but I'm fairly certain I saw that note somewhere.
So with that in mind, "not that hard".
Now, on the other hand, If I'm mistaken & it really was only from DefHes, well, you've got a small window at the end of the Civil War to account for it crossing the nations.

I don't think I'm wrong though given what the MUL says about Faction Availability, so you should always check there first.

Civil War (3062 - 3067)
  Draconis Combine
  Federated Commonwealth
  Federated Suns
  Free Rasalhague Republic
  Kell Hounds
  Lyran Alliance
  Mercenary
  Wolf's Dragoons
Ground Combat / Re: The Value of an AC/2
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 14:00:46 »
The Blackjack is probably the best AC/2 vehicle due to its Jumping capability, as well as having 2 barrels.  All other Mechs only carry one Barrel (Clint, Commander, Dragon, Sentinel, Vulcan) or do not Jump (Mauler/Daboku).

The Warrior is probably the most manueverable (yay VTOL), but still only carries one Barrel.  Same with the Vedette.  The Tokugawa, and Whirlwind AC/2 variants offer twin barrels, but aren't much faster than a Blackjack, and cannot Jump.

The Pike carries 3 barrels, but is only a tread-head, so terribly slow.  The Partisan (AC2) and AC/2 Carrier offer more barrels, but are equally slow, if not slower.

I've played with most of those mechs and the Warriors a handful of times. I enjoy the Blackjack because he's just friggin' obnoxious.
For all Canadians here. Don't forget that the statement you receive is in US dollar. The CC bill will be much higher.  :shocked: :shocked:  :tongue:

Yup...... :cry:
CGL hasn’t released a Thunderhawk before this, right? As an old 40K player, I’ll finally get a plastic thunder hawk! In your face, Games Workshop!!!
For all Canadians here. Don't forget that the statement you receive is in US dollar. The CC bill will be much higher.  :shocked: :shocked:  :tongue:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10