Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week (2015-02-27): UM-R* UrbanMech & UrbanMech IIC  (Read 63843 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: 'Mech of the Week (2015-02-27): UM-R* UrbanMech & UrbanMech IIC
« Reply #240 on: 02 September 2023, 02:21:21 »
I always forget that the Lance Packs have their own record sheets published….

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #241 on: 03 September 2023, 01:17:29 »
Running-pose stock Urbie, AC20, MRM Urbie, and a brand-new variant that uses SSRM-6 pods and AES.

Edit: you can download the record sheets here: https://bg.battletech.com/downloads/

The brand new one is 3 SRM-6 and AES in each arm. It is also unique: it is the only Urbie that has less than 11 heat sinks. I am not certain. I think it ends up being one of the hottest running Urbies (12 weapon heat, 3 from Jump, for a net of 5 overheat...)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #242 on: 03 September 2023, 01:21:12 »
I’m going to be smacking myself in the head after someone answers, but here goes; AES? I’m drawing a full on blank here.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #243 on: 03 September 2023, 01:45:04 »
Actuator Enhancement System.  It's new tech that originated in Tactical Operations.  Stuck in a mech's arm, it gives a -1 bonus to all attacks made with that arm (applying to all arm-mounted weapons as well as physical attacks)- it's not compatible with a Targeting Computer but it applies to weapons that TCs can't link to, like missile pods.  In a mech's legs, it gives a -1 bonus to Piloting rolls.

And to clarify StCptMara's post, the new Urbanmech variant mounts a total of three SSRM-6s- two in the right arm and one in the left, and also packs AES in both arms.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #244 on: 03 September 2023, 23:27:37 »
Actuator Enhancement System.  It's new tech that originated in Tactical Operations.  Stuck in a mech's arm, it gives a -1 bonus to all attacks made with that arm (applying to all arm-mounted weapons as well as physical attacks)- it's not compatible with a Targeting Computer but it applies to weapons that TCs can't link to, like missile pods.  In a mech's legs, it gives a -1 bonus to Piloting rolls.

And to clarify StCptMara's post, the new Urbanmech variant mounts a total of three SSRM-6s- two in the right arm and one in the left, and also packs AES in both arms.

The sheet says that it only mounts SRM-6s, not Streak SRM(SSRM)-6s, though...
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #245 on: 03 September 2023, 23:36:33 »
Oh.  Well, I guess that's what I get for trying to go off memory instead of checking the record sheet.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #246 on: 04 September 2023, 23:40:51 »
If I was a SharkFox, I'd make a killing buying UrbanMech IIC 2s from the Horses and reselling them to the IS as "state of the art clantech light anti-aircraft platforms."  Seriously, they have better range and throw weight that the classic Rifleman or JagerMech, and the HAG gets the same AAA bonus that an AC firing flak ammo does.  I don't know how those things are still Horse exclusive; they should be selling like hotcakes from Memphis to Timbuktu.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #247 on: 05 September 2023, 00:20:36 »
Are the Horses actually building Urbie IIC 2?  I thought it was just a refit of their existing Urbie IICs- the Coyotes were the only Clan who actually built the mech and frankly I can see the Horses choosing to build literally any other mech before more Urbies.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #248 on: 05 September 2023, 00:37:51 »
I'm not sure we actually have that information.  The record sheet comes from RS:3060U, but there was no updated TRO with variant information.  We only know that it's Horse exclusive and introduced in 3070 because the MUL says so.

It is really strange to me that the Ravens had regular IICs as late as the Jihad era (when the 2 came out), but never seem to have adopted the 2. They usually love AAA mechs.  Even their homegrown assault omnimech has the Anti-air targeting quirk and its prime configuration is designed for anti-air duty.  The War Crow and Carrion Crow also, IIRC, each have a AAA config.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2023, 00:40:53 by Arkansas Warrior »
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #249 on: 05 September 2023, 07:01:11 »
So the 2011 Battlecorps TRO says that two were upgraded with weapons "claimed from a passing transport."

Objectives Clans says Manufacturing Site #3 on Swedenborg is doing refits.

So refits in the 70s. Though it is quite possible they could have moved on to refitting original chassis. Other Mechs were undergoing that process in various Clans.