Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 176669 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1410 on: 19 July 2019, 14:50:49 »
unannounced. it's questionable how much of it has even been written. it's letherbound so i'd be floored if it was cheaper than $60

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #1411 on: 19 July 2019, 15:03:37 »
unannounced. it's questionable how much of it has even been written. it's letherbound so i'd be floored if it was cheaper than $60

Depends - the Honor Harrington leatherbound specials are only about $30 each
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1412 on: 19 July 2019, 15:19:11 »
cgl hardcover are minimum $40. i'm working off president of the company making the product

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1413 on: 19 July 2019, 15:21:32 »
Please, I feel that the last few packs should really be used for Mechs that are very iconic for the era (having been in PC games), such as:
Clan: Stone Rhino, Grizzly, Jenner IIC, Clint IIC, Rifleman IIC, Phantom, Linebacker, Hellhound
IS: Bushwacker, Mauler, Raven, Hollander, Owens, Strider, Avatar, Sunder

Uh, no . . . Stone Rhino, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, Linebacker were only MW2, not sure the Phantom ever went in.  Hellhound modeled after canon was only in MW2- sorry MW4 does not count.

Bushwhacker is a yes- MW3, MW4, MCG, MC2- Hollander was just MCG afaik, Mauler was MW4 & MCG . . . Strider were just MW3, Owens & Sunder were MW3 & MW4, Avatar was just MW3.  Raven . . . yeah, its all over the games.

We already have one 3058 1st Gen IS Omni, I think the Owens, Black Hawk KU, Sunder and Avatar should be a stretch goal.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #1414 on: 19 July 2019, 15:25:30 »
Uh, no . . . Stone Rhino, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, Linebacker were only MW2, not sure the Phantom ever went in.  Hellhound modeled after canon was only in MW2- sorry MW4 does not count.

Linebacker and Rifleman IIC are also in MWO, which is something.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1415 on: 19 July 2019, 15:31:52 »
Uh, no . . . Stone Rhino, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, Linebacker were only MW2, not sure the Phantom ever went in.
MW2: Mercs (Grizzly, Linebacker, Raven, Mauler, Jenner IIC, Phantom)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/MechWarrior_2:_Mercenaries#Featured_BattleMechs

Hellhound modeled after canon was only in MW2- sorry MW4 does not count.
It was a stretch, but that remodel is just so popular and visible.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 15:39:17 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1416 on: 19 July 2019, 15:35:04 »
The Mauler was also in the cartoon. :D
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1417 on: 19 July 2019, 15:39:01 »
The Mauler was also in the cartoon. :D

New stretch goal 1st Somerset Strikers Pack.  Complete with pilot cards from the series.  Insane 90s colors sadly not included.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1418 on: 19 July 2019, 15:43:12 »
paint them yourselves you cowards

ok i actually paint like that so i'm already there

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1419 on: 19 July 2019, 15:51:17 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1420 on: 19 July 2019, 16:04:11 »

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #1421 on: 19 July 2019, 16:06:49 »
Please, I feel that the last few packs should really be used for Mechs that are very iconic for the era (having been in PC games), such as:
Clan: Stone Rhino, Grizzly, Jenner IIC, Clint IIC, Rifleman IIC, Phantom, Linebacker, Hellhound
IS: Bushwacker, Mauler, Raven, Hollander, Owens, Strider, Avatar, Sunder

The Avatar has been re-sculpted twice already, and the latest one is pretty good. The Sunder was re-sculpted a few years ago and the new one is very much in vein of the new stuff. It is quite nice.

The problem is that the Owens, Strider, Avatar, Mauler, and Sunder are all very Draconis Combine mechs. Almost nobody outside them use those models (heck, add in the Raptor and Blackhawk-KU to finish the 3055/3058 omni set).
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1422 on: 19 July 2019, 16:08:54 »
Hopefully these will last longer than a day 

YOU GUYS THIS WAS NOT A CHALLENGE

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1423 on: 19 July 2019, 16:11:28 »
The Avatar has been re-sculpted twice already, and the latest one is pretty good. The Sunder was re-sculpted a few years ago and the new one is very much in vein of the new stuff. It is quite nice.

The problem is that the Owens, Strider, Avatar, Mauler, and Sunder are all very Draconis Combine mechs. Almost nobody outside them use those models (heck, add in the Raptor and Blackhawk-KU to finish the 3055/3058 omni set).
The omnis are actually wide-spread (see the MUL), but if one would be swapped for increased availability I would exchange the Strider for the Black Hawk-KU.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1424 on: 19 July 2019, 16:14:58 »

Well, yes and no.  In the clan invasion era where we are basking in the glory of the kickstarter, you are absolutely right.  But in 15 years those things are in production all across the sphere.  So including them in an "IS Omni" lance wouldn't be out of the question. 

Furthermore, the Firestarter-O is already in, so we have precedent.  Lastly, every one of them debuted in the Clan Invasion era, which seems to be one of the criterion by which CGL is deciding what is in and what is out.

Now, all that being said, they already have a TON of work to do, and I think it might be wise to quit listing lances.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1425 on: 19 July 2019, 16:24:22 »

Uh that is no longer the case . . . all of them but the Mauler were quietly spread after their introduction and IIRC the Dracs made them available to units that participated in Op Bulldog.

Maingunnery, I said those mechs were not really seen outside of MW2 so not sure why you responded to prove they were in MW2.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1426 on: 19 July 2019, 16:31:41 »
Maingunnery, I said those mechs were not really seen outside of MW2 so not sure why you responded to prove they were in MW2.
You missed the Phantom and Mauler from MW2:mercs.
Also I don't regard MW2 to be the same as MW2:Mercs.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 16:33:13 by Maingunnery »

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1427 on: 19 July 2019, 16:42:47 »
those new gifs with the 3D models of the new Scroggins mechs  :D

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #1428 on: 19 July 2019, 16:44:49 »
Uh that is no longer the case . . . all of them but the Mauler were quietly spread after their introduction and IIRC the Dracs made them available to units that participated in Op Bulldog.

I think they even exported the Mauler at some point. At the very least TRO 3050u mentions that the Fedcom still fielded a number from battlefield salvage (and not even dabokus, but actual maulers. The same TRO says the Daboku was extinct at the time of writing).
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #1429 on: 19 July 2019, 16:45:38 »
those new gifs with the 3D models of the new Scroggins mechs  :D

I like we can see the lasers clearly on the Archer.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1430 on: 19 July 2019, 17:15:55 »
Nice!!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #1431 on: 19 July 2019, 17:23:33 »
I like we can see the lasers clearly on the Archer.

it is a thing of absolute beauty. But then again, I've not seen one of Scroggins' revamps that I haven't liked.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1432 on: 19 July 2019, 17:30:37 »
it is a thing of absolute beauty. But then again, I've not seen one of Scroggins' revamps that I haven't liked.

The *only* Scroggins redesign one I clearly don't like is the arms & hands of the Ryoken / Stormcrow. They're no longer slender, but instead bulky and massive. I wish he would change it.

The rest of the redesigns are absolutely superb.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1433 on: 19 July 2019, 17:31:45 »
Here's what I'm hoping for with my name in battletech and will make me feel like I got my full value.

1- It's a printed book
2- It's not just part of a list
3- At the end of the book/supplement it's reasonable to assume I'm not dead.   :thumbsup:

Being a notable pilot in a TRO would be a dream come true.  I hold no illusion that I'd be a character in a novel, and besides, a TRO entry would be easier to show off/frame.    ;D

Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1434 on: 19 July 2019, 17:39:53 »
My dream come true would be if CGL added an "Unreformed Grognard" tier including the AGoAC box and all the IS lance packs with NONE of the clan stuff.  Then I wouldn't have to pledge $1 and figure out all the appropriate add ons...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1435 on: 19 July 2019, 17:42:34 »
At the star colonel / add on level I’d be content with 1 and 2. I rarely survive in-game, why start now? ;D

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1436 on: 19 July 2019, 17:45:50 »
1 and 2 what again?  This thread is moving so fast, quotes are necessary to maintain any kind of continuity...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1437 on: 19 July 2019, 17:47:21 »
1 and 2 what again?  This thread is moving so fast, quotes are necessary to maintain any kind of continuity...

Here's what I'm hoping for with my name in battletech and will make me feel like I got my full value.

1- It's a printed book
2- It's not just part of a list
3- At the end of the book/supplement it's reasonable to assume I'm not dead.   :

Ogra_Chief

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1438 on: 19 July 2019, 17:49:02 »
Given the response to the new minis, maybe CGL should consider packaging a set of minis (x2) with each new book (dead tree versions) purchase. The cost will go up but the incentive would be the random minis. Just a thought, since people want certain minis over others.
BattleTech @CGL_BattleTech · Jul 17
Harmony Gold no longer has any say in our decisions, however, the original mechs have been redesigned enough to not cause problems.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1439 on: 19 July 2019, 17:50:40 »
Thanks Sartris… I think the post you were referring to was already on the previous page...