Author Topic: 114,000 Bv2 Match completed in 5 hours with AS rules!  (Read 3242 times)

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
    • SteelWarrior Battletech
48 Units at 570 PV per side, played from start to finish in under 5 hours.   Victory conditions were 50% PV destruction, and it was a blast to play.  Anyone whos still in doubt of how awesome this rule set in should just take a look at these pictures and tell me when in theirs lives would they have had an opportunity to play a game like this in such a short amount of time.    The entire match played out smoothly, felt great, and we look forward to show casing a game this large at a local convention next month!  For those who think this may be overwhelming to play, it was surprisingly manageable, we went with lance movements, so each unit of 4 mechs/vehicles/etc felt equal to moving 1 unit in TW.  Play a few games at company level and youll be capable of something like this no problem.

First game played on some very nice terrain a local buddy picked up off the net, got to say, losing on a nice terrain board feels better then winning on a hex map :P
Check out my Battletech Youtube Channel at:

SteelWarrior Battletech
https://www.youtube.com/user/SteelWarriorBT

For Video Battle Reports/Hobby Tutorials/Product Reviews

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: 114,000 Bv2 Match completed in 5 hours with AS rules!
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2014, 07:53:49 »
Awesome!  O0
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2014, 12:45:19 »
Very cool. You say "Bv2" in the title, did you use the beta point rules? Or the current point values on the MUL site? How many forces on each side?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

RangerRob

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Campaign GM
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2014, 12:50:21 »
EPIC!   O0
Rangerrob

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2014, 13:22:32 »
Very cool. You say "Bv2" in the title, did you use the beta point rules? Or the current point values on the MUL site? How many forces on each side?

lol sadly we used the old system.   we will be trying the new system soon though.  i just used the wording of bv2 to grab attention since 570pv each doesnt sound like much :p

was 36 mechs per side with 12 support units.  they went with 12 vehicles (4 tank, 4 hover, 4 vtol), i went with 5 tanks, 2 infantry and 5 battle armir sauads for a total if 48 vs 48 :)

SteelWarrior Battletech

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2014, 16:15:45 »
We did a 800 point game with the old point system using only 3039 tech and completed in about 41/2 hrs. It was pretty cool.
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2014, 17:55:12 »
O, that I have lived to see this day!
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2014, 19:50:22 »
i think as a group we have decided 2 lances or less, we use TW, anything more then 8 units is AS....

SteelWarrior Battletech

monly0906

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2014, 23:48:37 »
Nice, I would love to know where you got that nice terrain? The mountains are verry cool looking, and when can I get a pod/dropship like that one in the photos?

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2014, 01:46:13 »
First off...awesome game.  :)

Secondly.  The terrain is old battlehex terrain.  Long OOP.  :(  I have some and love it.  :)

Thirdly.  The DropShip is an IronWindMetals Mapscale Union DropShip.  They are awesome.

Hehehe.  ;)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike