Author Topic: Dead BattleCorps links in various places in the "New to BattleTech?" section  (Read 1489 times)

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
On the GETTING STARTED: AS A TABLETOP MINIATURES GAME… page, the "order all related products here" link goes to BattleCorps. Needless to say that means the link doesn't work. I have to assume the link pointing to BattleCorps was a mistake even when BattleCorps was a thing, as linking to a site for fiction wouldn't be appropriate in this context anyway.

The GETTING STARTED: AS A READER OF FICTION… page links to BattleCorps on purpose, describing it as "the only online official short fiction publication for BattleTech." Of course the BattleCorps site has been down since sometime in 2017, and Shrapnel, which just wrapped up its third year of publishing high-quality, official BT short fiction, isn't mention anywhere on the page.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but these are just further examples of the absolutely horrendous state the main bg.battletech.com site is in. It is doing BattleTech a big disservice. I pity newbies trying to learn about the property by visiting the site in its current state.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2023, 12:03:04 by Knightmare »
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Well, the BattleCorps link is gone from the miniatures page, so that's good. (There's still broken code for Alpha Strike stuff, though.)

And it's also gone from the fiction page, but... there's still no mention of Shrapnel whatsoever.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Register