Author Topic: Taking the Bull By the Horns: Taurus Rising  (Read 158242 times)

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Re: Taking the Bull By the Horns: Taurus Rising
« Reply #390 on: 24 June 2015, 16:54:35 »
As long as he uses the rest of the whiskey for molotov cocktails.  ;D

Noooooooo!

You can't use/waste Whisky like that, use Vodka instead.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #391 on: 24 June 2015, 17:07:46 »
No sacrifice is too great!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

XaosGorilla

• Sergeant
« Reply #392 on: 24 June 2015, 19:33:14 »
I'm not leaving the whiskey for the occupiers to drink, that's for sure....

Well, not ANY of the booze now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2015, 19:34:56 by XaosGorilla »

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #393 on: 24 June 2015, 19:36:41 »
Taurian Concordat

Home of that great martial arts known as...Drunken Mastery....

8)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #394 on: 25 June 2015, 02:18:31 »
Drunken Mastery. A permanent form of spring break found only in the TC.
Deadly to all non taurian life forms. :D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #395 on: 25 June 2015, 20:44:54 »
Wait, the Taurians are Team Boozohol now?

Sign me up!
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #396 on: 25 June 2015, 22:04:16 »

Sign me up!

Not really. There's nothing to support it at all.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #397 on: 25 June 2015, 22:35:04 »

Sign me up!

Danger.  There may be some joking and having fun involved.  Avoid with all due caution if that fills you with kneejerk horror...

>:D

Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
My Deviant Art Page

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #398 on: 25 June 2015, 22:44:10 »
Danger.  There may be some joking and having fun involved.  Avoid with all due caution if that fills you with kneejerk horror...

>:D

I have never joked or had fun on these forums ever.  Big Stompy Robots on the Internet are Serious Business.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #399 on: 25 June 2015, 22:48:15 »
Not really. There's nothing to support it at all.

More of a coffee drinking house really...
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #400 on: 25 June 2015, 23:19:25 »
You know that one guy who you once made fun of in high school and hasn't been able to let it go since? That's the Taurians

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #401 on: 26 June 2015, 02:43:57 »
I was thinking of one country I had visited when I wrote that.
Highly conservative and religious but behind closed doors the wildest parties that I have ever been to.
It made me think of the Taurians. :D
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #402 on: 26 June 2015, 05:12:03 »
One of the more memorable descriptions of the Taurians I've read in the official literature goes something like this...

They enjoy social gatherings where they drink and debate politics.

It is so widespread that it was written in sourcebooks as a defining characteristic of the Taurians at large.

They enjoy meeting in public, in places where you eat and drink, to debate political and historical issues...

I'm sure some of those discussions get...lively...;)

My Deviant Art Page

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #403 on: 26 June 2015, 07:28:00 »
Aspects of the Taurians remind me a lot of the College of William and Mary.  Particularly the, "We're going to drink and argue politics for six hours" aspect of it.

There are a lot of things I enjoy about the Taurians, actually, including their tendency to make the worst possible decisions at any given time.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #404 on: 26 June 2015, 12:51:30 »

Sign me up!

Sorry, the Roughriders took all the good hard liquor and left the rotgut........ [cheers]

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #405 on: 26 June 2015, 15:15:53 »
Sorry, the Roughriders took all the good hard liquor and left the rotgut........ [cheers]

Craig

Well they had to pay for the rebuilding somehow.    ;D
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #406 on: 01 July 2015, 04:37:29 »
There are a lot of things I enjoy about the Taurians, actually, including their tendency to make the worst possible decisions at any given time.

They'd be the most boring faction around if not for their tendency to bite off more than they can chew.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #407 on: 01 July 2015, 19:54:47 »
People who wish to use them as antagonists for a campaign designed around Inner Sphere factions do seem to prefer the Catalyst version of the Taurian Concordat.  It is far more simple and allows them to paint the Taurians with a broad brush.  This goes for most of the Peripheral realms that seem to have singular focuses and attributes now.

But for playing in a Periphery-based game, they and most of the other Peripheral realms were a lot more interesting back when FASA wrote them as generally competent full fledged nations with lots of competing interests working at cross purposes to each other.  There was no singular focus of any of the realms back then, which allowed players to pick any of the focuses they wanted and play as that faction.

It is a question of focus.  FASA spread out their focus a lot, making lots and lots of factions for people to play.  If you wanted to play Davion, you could be anti-Kurita, anti-Liao, anti-Steiner, or a wealth of other options.  For the Taurians, one could be anti-Davion, anti-Liao, pro-expansion, or a wealth of other options.  Almost every faction had different tracks like this.  Even the really "bad" pirate factions had good and bad aspects written in for people to play.

Catalyst appears to have gone the route of focusing more on the Inner Sphere and limiting resources spent on anybody not related to them.  Therefore, most non-Spheroid nations are now written to show how they relate to the Inner Sphere, rather than written as full-fledged operational cultures of their own.  You can still play all the aspects of Davion now, but the singular focus of the Catalyst Taurian is anti-Davion paranoia and a militant drive to fight them to the bitter end.

I'm sure there is a good business reason for this.  Probably based on sales.  I'd bet that stuff focused on the Periphery just doesn't sell as well as Inner Sphere stuff, so Catalyst is focusing on stuff that sells better.  Which is good for Spheroid players, who are the majority of the player base, but not so good for those players that fell in love with non-Spheroid factions back in the day.

My Deviant Art Page

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #408 on: 01 July 2015, 22:54:46 »
I hope the Taurians become respectable again soon. Respectably powerful that is.  Their fall in the Jihad was dramatic and heartbreaking for me.  The Little Nation That Tried.   
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #409 on: 02 July 2015, 04:06:00 »
It is a question of focus.  FASA spread out their focus a lot, making lots and lots of factions for people to play.  If you wanted to play Davion, you could be anti-Kurita, anti-Liao, anti-Steiner, or a wealth of other options.  For the Taurians, one could be anti-Davion, anti-Liao, pro-expansion, or a wealth of other options.  Almost every faction had different tracks like this.  Even the really "bad" pirate factions had good and bad aspects written in for people to play.

Catalyst appears to have gone the route of focusing more on the Inner Sphere and limiting resources spent on anybody not related to them.  Therefore, most non-Spheroid nations are now written to show how they relate to the Inner Sphere, rather than written as full-fledged operational cultures of their own.  You can still play all the aspects of Davion now, but the singular focus of the Catalyst Taurian is anti-Davion paranoia and a militant drive to fight them to the bitter end.

I'm sure there is a good business reason for this.  Probably based on sales.  I'd bet that stuff focused on the Periphery just doesn't sell as well as Inner Sphere stuff, so Catalyst is focusing on stuff that sells better.  Which is good for Spheroid players, who are the majority of the player base, but not so good for those players that fell in love with non-Spheroid factions back in the day.

O0

This can't be helped, as Geneva(the Republic) has the largest cheese factory in Battletech right now. Their omnipotent and omniscient SIS(and allies) paints their own brush on every faction in every post-Jihad sourcebook.

Compare with Games Workshop's recent trend(the Heresy series). Both franchises are currently jammed with Terran-based superpowers fielding all the best Wundertech to superboost their popularity.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #410 on: 04 July 2015, 14:12:45 »
While the Concordat is arguably at its lowest ebb as of 3145, and while I would like to see more Periphery material published in future, I don't think it's fair to say that Catalyst has ignored the Periphery entirely.

Handbook: Major Periphery States makes a point of giving each nation's write-up its own perspective (since the assumption is that separate writers are assembling their reports from each state, as opposed to the more centralized approach taken with the House handbooks).

Historical: Reunification War may make for grim reading from a Taurian perspective, but it does offer as good a glimpse as we currently have on the pre-RW Concordat, and how it more than held its own when compared to the star-nations of the Inner Sphere. (And it's not like the editorial line taken with H:RW actually cheers on the conquest, far from it.) Although the Freedom War portion of Historical: Liberation of Terra I feels like something of an afterthought by comparison.

And when it comes to the Deep Periphery, ISP3 has pushed the known map further into the black than any of the old FASA material, introducing new DP factions (like the New Delphi Compact and the Axumite Providence) while adding details to others which had been shown as outlines only (such as the various Chainelane Isle sub-factions). I would still like to see more on the Hansa, but it seems their fate is tied into whatever plans may exist for the Imperio and the post-Reaving Homeworld Clans post-3090.

Plus, the alternate timeline in Empires Aflame is quite generous to the major Periphery states. The Rim Federation may not match the old Rim Worlds Republic, but it's a much larger and more active player than the likes of the Rim Collection. The Outworlds Pact has held up a lot better than the Prime-verse Outworlds Alliance, with no Snow Ravens around to usurp their sovereignty. And the Taurians and Canopians, each in a strong position prior to the merger in alt-3058, now stand together as the largest and arguably strongest Periphery state in EA, going so far as to take and hold New Syrtis (twice).

But to get back to the Prime timeline, there is still hope for the beginnings of a turnaround post-3145. While the glimpses of a new deal between the Taurian Concordat and the Calderon Protectorate may end up as red herrings, it may also end up as the key step towards a reunified Taurian state - one tempered by the Far Lookers' more collected vision of the human sphere and their preferred place within it.

Indeed, it would be a great irony if a reunion between Taurus and Erod's Escape led to a broader rapprochement with the Federated Suns (perhaps via the Filtvelt Coalition), if only to keep the CCAF (plus their MAF allies) and DCMS at bay.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2015, 14:15:29 by Nerroth »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #411 on: 05 July 2015, 04:52:25 »
Catalyst got the TC more involved in the Battletech storyline/metaplot then they ever had been during the FASA era with the Jihad. Up until then, the TC had largely just "been there" and only really covered when there was a new Periphery-centric sourcebook.

After it's introduction in Periphery 1st Edition, the TC basically vanishes from the scene. It gets a couple of mentions in 20 Year Update, mostly to say that nothing interesting happened to it at all. Objective Raids moves its plot a tiny bit along to say that Thomas Calderon went pants on head paranoid, and then that's it. The next update to the TC comes in the fluff for the Maultiler in TRO3058 to discuss the coup that overthrew him. And that's the only mention of the TC in the TRO.

So for the first decade of FASA's writing, the only major update to the TC was a single page for one vehicle in a Tech Readout. Not a good start.

The next major update for the TC is in The Periphery Second ed, a year later. Not much has changed since the TRO3058 fluff, and this book does little to move the Concordat along in the story.

From there, the TC drops out of sight again until Field Manual Periphery in 2001. At this point, the death of Jeffery Calderon, the appointment of Graver Shraplen as Protector and the formation of the Trinity Alliance have all occurred, all being big story moments for the TC. And all of these happened off-screen between sourcebooks, with the TC having otherwise been largely overlooked by FASA. More time was devoted to the TC in Field Manual Capellan Confederation then anywhere else.

And that's the end of the FASA era, as FM:P was one of the last BT books they published (So much so that it comes in both FASA and FanPro editions).

The next big update for the TC is in Field Manual: Updates, published by FanPro. That includes the formation of the Calderon Protecotrate and the initial invasion of the Peladies. Again, these events happened off-screen during the Civil War, and got no real detailing in any form. If you missed FM:U, then you wouldn't even know what was going on.

However, Catalyst published Handbook: Major Periphery States in 2009, giving the most detailed write-up of the TC and the other major states since 1996, and in doing such devoted more space to the TC in the one book then FASA had in over a decade. Furthermore, HB:MPS goes into much more depth about the culture and peoples of the TC and other periphery nations then either of its predecessors, and as noted, has each section written from a Periphery perspective rather then an Inner Sphere one. So for the first time in 24 years, we've had a Periphery Sourcebook from a Periphery point of view. Again, something FASA never did.

Then we have the Jihad, sprawling over seven plot books (Not counting the Clan-Centric Wars of Reaving), eight if you want to include Masters and Minions. In each of these, the TC is a player in the Jihad, actively participating in the storyline as it happens, rather then the reader being notified of what occurred well after the fact (or in a single page of a TRO). The result is that the TC plays a bigger role in the Jihad then it ever did in any FASA-era plot, being an active participant rather then an "also ran" that gets updated whenever somebody thinks we need a Periphery book.

And that's before we consider the Historicals as well. Catalyst "filled in" eras that were previously largely left bare by FASA as they occured before the "start" of the story in 3025. The invasion of the TC and its role in the Reunification War is the largest single chunk of Historical: Reunification War, and as said, the book generally depicts the TC in a positive and sympathetic light. The two Liberation of Terra books also cover the TC in this era, massively building on material that was covered only very briefly by FASA in several scattered books across sixteen years.

So in short, Catalyst did more for the TC then FASA ever did.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #412 on: 05 July 2015, 08:25:48 »
I want to go on record that Catalyst is largely responsible for me falling in love with the Periphery States, ESPECIALLY the Taurians.*  Handbook:  Major Periphery States became one of my favorite sourcebooks as soon as I got it.

*I almost typed that in as "Tourians."  Guess who has been playing waaaaay too much Super Metroid?

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #413 on: 05 July 2015, 14:07:49 »
And none of what was just posted disagrees with what I said.

FASA tended to write about the Periphery factions as factions that were way out there and mostly uninvolved with the Inner Sphere and its wars.

Catalyst tends to write about how the Periphery factions interact with the Inner Sphere and get involved in Inner Sphere wars.

On a brief look through my FASA books I see the following ones that talked about the Periphery.

1986 - MechWarrior 1st. 1986
1988 - Periphery 1st was of course one of the first big seven full on source books about BattleTech in 3025.
1989 - 20 Year Update gave Periphery information up to 3049
1990 - TRO 3050 noted many designs still built in the Periphery.
1991 - MechWarrior 2nd.
1992 - Objective Raids updated Periphery to 3056 era
1993 - Merc Handbook 3055
1994 - MechWarrior Royalty and Rogues was placed entirely in the Periphery.
1995 - TRO 3058 focused on the Periphery with multiple new designs created or reverse engineered in the region.
1996 - Periphery 2nd full update of the first book to the 3059 era.
1996 - Explorer Corps
1997 - Field Manual Mercs
1998 - TRO 3060 also focused on new Periphery units.
1999 - MechWarrior 3rd
1999 - Operation Stilleto
1999 - Inner Sphere updated Periphery to 3062
2000 - MechWarrior Lostech
2000 - Operation Flashpoint
2000 - Shattered Sphere updated Periphery to 3063
2000 - Field Manual Periphery updated Periphery to 3064, the last FASA book published IIRC.  Or at least one of the last.

This is a quick look at my collection and does not include short stories or novels placed in the Periphery.  Basically though, every single year FASA published books that either focused on the Periphery or gave rules or information on how to play in the Periphery.  And outside of the parts of the 20 Year Update that introduced the Andurien-Canopian-Capellan war, the Periphery was always focused on as those guys out there that don't have much to do with the Inner Sphere.  And the Canopian involvement in that war was noted in the past tense with strong information that they weren't going to make that mistake again.  Most of the information was about them making new stuff, colonizing new colonies, and spreading out away from the Inner Sphere.  From the Inner Sphere perspective they were barbarians not worth bothering with.  From the Periphery perspective they were the last bastions of civilization in the outer reaches working together to expand and rebuild from the deprivations caused by the fall of the Star League.

The large shift in FanPro and Catalyst Periphery strategy was to involve them very intimately in the Inner Sphere wars.  Yes, this has resulted in more stuff written about them, but that doesn't please old Periphery fans.  Because instead of acting as the last bastions of civilization in the outer reaches as they did under FASA, they are portrayed as the squabbling puppies jumping on the fringes of wars they used to be smart enough not to get involved in....

In short, most Periphery fans would be happy to continue getting snippets of information every year about how the Periphery realms continue to do little things in their areas of space, in the backs of sourcebooks aimed at the Inner Sphere.  Most Periphery fans chose those factions because they didn't want to be involved in the same old Inner Sphere wars.  Fighting pirates, defending new colonies, and doing stuff out on the outer reaches was what we wanted to do.  Exploring new regions and stuff.  Most Periphery fans aren't happy seeing lots and lots of information showing them jumping into old Inner Sphere wars they have no business in and getting gobsmacked.

But Catalyst seems to have chosen a path of focusing on the Inner Sphere and bringing all factions towards it to be involved in the wars there.  I doubt we will see further information on the Homeworlds Clans until they are ready to be involved in the Inner Sphere for instance.  Just like we aren't going to see much Periphery stuff that doesn't talk about their involvement with the Inner Sphere.

I think this is a solid business decision from their perspective.  Most BattleTech players prefer the Inner Sphere.  Focusing on publishing stuff that doesn't push that area is not as profitable as stuff focusing on the Inner Sphere.  So they are pushing their resources in the ways that are most profitable.  Sound business decision.  And the people who like the Inner Sphere are very happy with that decision, as shown above.  They enjoy reading lots and lots of fiction showing the Periphery fighting their favored factions and generally losing, or winning so badly that it might as well be losing.  It pushes the Inner Sphere first mentality of "They'd be the most boring faction around if not for their tendency to bite off more than they can chew."  As I said it is a very sound business decision to focus on the people who are going to make you the most money.

But to the minority of BattleTech fans who grew up reading and greatly enjoying FASA's treatment on the Periphery, the new FanPro/Catalyst approach simply isn't FUN.

My Deviant Art Page

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #414 on: 05 July 2015, 14:40:18 »
I'm minded of a discussion from Handbook: Major Periphery States, dated to the early Clan invasion era:

Here we thought we're the ones on the frontier - staking humanity's claim to the deeps - and all along we've been living in civilization. Kinda like thinking you're living on Lastpost and then waking up one morning to find you built your house on Kathil.

Of course, that very segment includes a counter-argument against this, but there is a broader point to be made: if their goals included escaping the influence of the Inner Sphere, the founders of the four "classic" major Periphery states didn't go out far enough. Given their respective locations close to the burgeoning Great Houses, it was inevitable that the various powers of the Inner Sphere would brush up against these smaller domains - and that, as the Reunification War amply demonstrated, it was still all too close to avoid notice once the Spheroids were so minded.

Unfortunately, the largest known Deep Periphery power (outside of the Clan Homeworlds) has been caught by its very presence in the coreward sector. But the rimward, anti-spinward, and spinward sectors remain free of Homeworld Clan interference, even if the largest Deep Periphery states in those sectors do not compare to the Hanseatic League in terms of size, capabilities, or regional influence.

For most of the ISP3 planets and powers, the most pressing dangers are domestic - what happens once the last Axumite JumpShip breaks down, when the next Upheaval breaks out within the Alexandrian Covenant, whether the New Delphi Compact ever finds a cure for the Curse... and whether or not such a cure might have unintended consequences for the NDCCS' attempts to patrol and protect the Compact's member worlds ffrom pirate predations.

While Interstellar Expeditions (the organization) does provide a window of exploration for those groups operating out of their various host planets, one coul argue that the only true way to escape the turmoil of the Inner Sphere is to take the plunge and head further out into the black... so long as you avoid heading into the coreward sector, at least.

However, if you choose to stay in the near Periphery, you'd either have to be both inoffensive enough to avoid foreign adventurism and lucky enough not to be in the way of anyone who'd go after you just for being there (or, in other words, be the Rim Collection); or be in a state large enough to be noticed (like the Magistracy of Canopus) and face tougher decisions on how best to deal with the cards you're dealt - and to handle those being held by your various neighours.

Also, it may be worth noting that not everyone in the "modern" Periphery buys in to the same narrative as those seen in the former Territorial States. The Marians, for one, aren't shy about carrying out their own conquests, and nor are they reluctant to subject Canopian and other captives to slavery. But from a gaming perspective, one could argue that they bring something different to the table, given how differently the Marian Legions are organized relative to Canopian or Taurian regiments.

(Technically, the Marians weren't the first Periphery state to be founded with less than modern ideals - Hector Worthington Rowe's Rim Worlds Republic came replete with helotry. But while those purported Platonian principles were phased out as the RWR matured, the Marians don't seem keen to discuss abolitionism any time soon.)
« Last Edit: 05 July 2015, 15:00:59 by Nerroth »

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #415 on: 06 July 2015, 04:47:54 »
You are very right in that the near Periphery realms didn't go far enough to fully escape the Inner Sphere.  A united Inner Sphere could reach out and snatch them.

The people that founded the Canopian realm should have gone further out for instance if they wanted to REALLY get out of Dodge.

The Rim Worlds and the Taurians DID get out of Dodge though.  For the tech they had when they left, they went as far as they could, light centuries beyond anybody else.  Far outside any reasonable distance for the time.  The Taurians so they could get away.  The Rim Worlds so they could have a secure raiding base.

They both fell to the avarice of a united Terran alliance in the end though.  But when that alliance fell, the Taurians and others managed to escape it again...

My Deviant Art Page

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #416 on: 08 July 2015, 19:16:49 »
What is this Taurian Concordant I keep reading about?
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #417 on: 08 July 2015, 19:24:45 »
What is this Taurian Concordant I keep reading about?

A very bovine like member of the Family Formicidae.

THANK YOU!  I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!  TRY THE VEAL!

Medron Pryde

• Captain
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #418 on: 08 July 2015, 22:38:58 »
Wow...I actually made that mistake too....once...just once...but...dang...I WATCH for that one too...

:-[

My Deviant Art Page

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #419 on: 09 July 2015, 01:49:57 »
That's why I always say TC it's easier to spell and harder to make a mistake. ::)
Growing up is optional.

Register