Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 66143 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I guess nothing in 100% complete until you get the email. So let's hope this one change again and this is just a test.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

General308

• Captain
I guess nothing in 100% complete until you get the email. So let's hope this one change again and this is just a test.

Why would you do a test with wrong charges when you know people are watching for the charges to show up?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
I live in Florida, and on a $889 order, my Shipping is $160.12 + $9.61 in taxes = $169.73.

That's steep, considering AFAIK, the company doing the shipping is in the same state, @ 100 miles away.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Rem just said on-stream to hold off on questions until there's a backer update to say shipping fees are properly uploaded and should be correct, and then they can start looking at outstanding anomalies.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Rob Bendig

• Private
Is that $208 before or after the GST?

That's before tax. There's $67 additional in taxes which includes tax on order and tax on shipping.

Wolf72

• Captain
I've never heard of NYS tax on shipping, but its there.  Hoping they review things again, my $101 still seems way to high.

On a side note the toxicity on the KS forums is really disheartening.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
On a side note the toxicity on the KS forums is really disheartening.

The number one rule of Comments sections is "never read the Comments section"  :wink:

Still haven't received my updated Shipping yet...

General308

• Captain
The number one rule of Comments sections is "never read the Comments section"  :wink:

Still haven't received my updated Shipping yet...

Though given that CGL hasn't bothered to respond to comments pretty much the whole kickstarter that might have something to do with the frustration of those people in the comments.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
$171.50 shipping and state shipping tax on a $1060 order.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

DarkSpade

• Major
I don't see the point of even checking until they send an e-mail out saying it's ready.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Broken_Metal_Dreaming

• Private
Some folks (myself included) who were part of the spot check are seeing price increases. Will have to wait until tomorrow as backerkit and QML are out of the office for any news on that front.

During spotcheck my big pledge was quoted at $150 ish and now seeing $260. (that pledge is 2k worth of stuff so $260 isn't completely reasonable if it is the correct number but it doesn't match with the earlier dataset quoted by Rem.)

My smaller spotchecked pledge was quoted as 120 ish and is now showing $68 or so so it actually went down. So obviously something still hinky with the data. or it was wrong during the spotcheck.

It seems like a new round of adjustments is going through. My big pledge is now showing the amount that I was given during spot checks. not sure how wide the changes are as of yet.

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
$171.50 shipping and state shipping tax on a $1060 order.

Ruger
What State do you live in? Any of the large neoprene maps?

In a similar situation, with a similar shipping charge, just curious if it's comparable.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Tinyozora

• Warrant Officer
  • House Jurai
Quote from: Broken_Metal_Dreaming
It seems like a new round of adjustments is going through. My big pledge is now showing the amount that I was given during spot checks. not sure how wide the changes are as of yet.

Same, mine just dropped $65+ down to the spot checked amount of $395 instead of $461.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
My shipping quote dropped another $3 since I last posted. I was okay with original $75, so I am continuing to not complain.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Mine has dropped to the total Rem quoted me too. Down another $21 to $79.  So I am very happy.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

S2pidiT

• Warrant Officer
Mine did drop $50 to $100 shipping to Michigan. I'm glad for the drop but wish it could of been more.
Just never heard of taxes on shipping to Michigan.
I just wish I could order more, feel like I'm missing out on something.
For Michigan, I believe shipping is not taxed as long as it is on a separate line. So a single price that includes item(s), shipping, handling, etc. would be taxed fully, but if the purchase agreement lists item(s) = $X and shipping = $Y, then only $X would be taxed. I could be wrong here, but I've also not previously seen taxes for shipping.

On that note, I see that the sales tax for shipping was dropped for me in BackerKit. Shipping itself didn't change from yesterday, $51.69 for $345 of stuff. Though that's down from the original $63, I'm not 100% on how "good" that is. I got the Company pledge along with the Art of War book, a shirt, Somerset Strikers pack, dice, dice tray, and a DropShip.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Mine still hasn't been updated...  :sad:

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Mine remains unchanged from its update earlier in the week, which is fine. If my final shipping cost is $50, I’ll be fairly unperturbed. It still seems high, but QML shipping has been high as of late and I honest.y have no idea how heavy those order will be once it’s all packed.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Mine dropped the shipping taxes. Still paying about 16% of my charge. If this ended up being what it is, its not so bad.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Charistoph

• Major
Mine doesn't seem to have been updated.  The values haven't changed, and the shipping tax is still in place.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
My original cost was about $170, and now has dropped to $140 which is still extreme.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

MarauderD

• Major
My original cost was about $170, and now has dropped to $140 which is still extreme.

Just for comparison's sake, what was your pledge, did you order mats, and where are you shipping your order?  I came in at $167, which I thought ridiculous for shipping in the lower 48.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Mine has held steady at $187, no mats, Wisconsin, $1170 pre-shipping order total.

Brym

• Corporal
Mine's around $50 on a $350 pledge (no neoprene mats).  That's also about what it cost for me to get another recent crowdfunded game (Frosthaven) shipped via UPS ground, which came in a 17.5x13x11.5 box and weighed just under 40 pounds.  So it seems about right to me.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
Just for comparison's sake, what was your pledge, did you order mats, and where are you shipping your order?  I came in at $167, which I thought ridiculous for shipping in the lower 48.

With add-ons (including the city mats), it was four hundred and change.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
106 on 620 to Iowa. That still seems really steep.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
What State do you live in? Any of the large neoprene maps?

In a similar situation, with a similar shipping charge, just curious if it's comparable.

Tennessee. No really large items.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
Tennessee. No really large items.

Ruger
Yeah, so we're next door. Seems a hair high for shipping, although if that's what it is in the end, I'm not complaining.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
People have gotten emails again?  I have seen nothing.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Charistoph

• Major
People have gotten emails again?  I have seen nothing.

We've been using the link from the previous email.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register