Author Topic: Help me cobble together the rules  (Read 3544 times)

Papabees

• Lieutenant
Help me cobble together the rules
« on: 02 June 2011, 18:36:34 »
I'm toying with the idea of setting up some games and I want to have all the rules in one place. So help me out. I know I need the ruleset from Strat Ops but what else would I want in a pdf if i was playing? People have referred to the various rulebooks and I'd like to know them all.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
Re: Help me cobble together the rules
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2011, 19:40:33 »
If doing BattleForce or QuickStrike, all you need is StratOps.

If you can get BattleForce 2, there are lot of rules for campaigns that are really cool as well.

Beyond that, I really can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2011, 22:59:40 »
Is there a list of all the Special abilities that anyone has put together for easy reference.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2011, 23:18:34 »
At some stage, if you want the rules, you should by the books. Otherwise it's piracy, and we have to send the boys from the East India company round to ... talk ... to you.

More seriously - it's slightly uncouth to ask for copies of stuff on the corporate website, neh?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2011, 07:27:40 »
Sorry maybe I was not clear. I have purchased Strat Ops and most of the other books. I was referring to somewhere where I read a thread about an actual Quickstrike rule book being wished for so one could have all the rules in one place. That led me to believe that there might be something other than the Strat Ops section being needed. 

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2011, 14:26:47 »
Gotcha O0
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2011, 14:29:28 »
Sorry maybe I was not clear. I have purchased Strat Ops and most of the other books. I was referring to somewhere where I read a thread about an actual Quickstrike rule book being wished for so one could have all the rules in one place. That led me to believe that there might be something other than the Strat Ops section being needed.

There are a few references to TW I think (ECM using TW ranges divided by 2 to convert to inches, rather than using the BattleForce ranges?).  But I believe the comment about having all the rules in one place is usually referining to the amount of the Quick-Strike rules that says use BattleForce rules with this exception, use Miniatures Rules with this exception, back to BattleForce rules with these exceptions, etc.  It saves on page count by not duplicating most of the BattleForce rules in the same book, but it makes reading the Quick-Strike rules cumbersome.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2011, 20:42:42 »
  To be quiet honest. I'm one who would gladly buy the Quick Strike book if was ever released.

breakdaddy

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2011, 12:35:57 »
I would love to see a full book with Battleforce Rules, QS Rules, and "Official" rules on melding the two like many folks here have done with using QS rules with maps.

Gunbunnie

• Sergeant
  • My first mech was a...
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2011, 15:55:09 »
  To be quiet honest. I'm one who would gladly buy the Quick Strike book if was ever released.

Me too.

Daryl
"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown