Author Topic: Hibernaculum: (Vacation) Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 26976 times)

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
Re: Hibernaculum: (Vacation) Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #90 on: 13 July 2021, 01:59:06 »
CSA is known for being practical. I’d say if any clan had a chance of doing the smart thing at this point, it would be CSA.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: 13 July 2021, 02:22:08 »
They were also at the forefront of anti-Tainted zealotry so it could go either way.

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
« Reply #92 on: 13 July 2021, 02:27:15 »
CSA seemed to buy hard into the Reaving but also did extremely well out of it — coincidence? Or another example of CSA practicality?

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 13 July 2021, 03:16:50 »
Zealots in terms of ideology but with practical execution, I'd say.

The dealings with the Horses are a good example of both: they were prepared to compromise enough to work with the Horses to crush the Burrock force, but they kept the Horses, now an IS Clan, very much at arm's length. The Adder Warriors who participated were considered Tainted even by that trivial contact with the IS (as in literally just setting foot on a single planet, lol) and they were basically cast out of the Clan to be absorbed by the Horses.

In terms of the WoR as a whole, the Adders were opportunistic in the years leading up to it. As part of the Snake Alliance they went all in on the Ravens to grab weakly defended enclaves but sat the Shark campaign out because the Sharks were pretty strong. As a result they had a mostly fresh touman and large amount of territory when everything turned to chaos in 3072. Being strong and having proper leadership (unlike say the Mandrills or the left behind Hellion and Horse garrisons) meant the Adders were in the best position to weather the storm out of all the Clans. Nobody really came out of the Wars or Reaving ahead, they all took huge casualties and had whole planets depopulated, but the Adders did the least badly of the surviving Homeworld Clans by a long way.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: 13 July 2021, 03:17:15 »
They were also at the forefront of anti-Tainted zealotry so it could go either way.

CSA seemed to buy hard into the Reaving but also did extremely well out of it — coincidence? Or another example of CSA practicality?

During the Wars of Reaving itself I'd say practicality, or maybe a great practice of doublethinking themselves into believing and not believing in it depending on a given situation. They let the true zealots in Clan Steel Viper lead the charge and spearhead the more controversial initiatives, and then the tamer-seeming Adders were able to build off that their position of dominance.

Post-WOR, it seems with the rise of the Aggressors that the younger generation were truly buying into the 'Taint' nonsense, enough that their elders got worried.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 19 February 2023, 07:58:13 »
Do we have a full list of what warships from clan burrock were claimed after the absorption war?

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #96 on: 20 February 2023, 12:50:20 »
No.
IIRC 13 warships were claimed, but which exactly we do not know.

Known is the Constantineau (Liberator-class). We will have to wait till Brush Wars: Absorption War will be published,
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: 20 February 2023, 13:27:50 »
No.
IIRC 13 warships were claimed, but which exactly we do not know.

Known is the Constantineau (Liberator-class). We will have to wait till Brush Wars: Absorption War will be published,

Nice! Do we have an ETA on the absorption book?

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 20 February 2023, 14:02:30 »
No, so far a publication date not yet been communicated.

BTW if I can make an educated guess, I think the Lola III destroyer Yodan might have been an Clan Burrock vessel. This might explain how easy the "Dark Burrocks" could captured this vessel in the WoR.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #99 on: 20 February 2023, 20:19:07 »

The what? Where was this announced?
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #100 on: 21 February 2023, 14:47:33 »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Sjhernan3060

• Captain

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 22 February 2023, 12:01:12 »
I look really forward to.
If I might dream, a sourcebook like Battle of Tukkayyid about the whole Burrock-Blood Spirit and Star Adder-Blood Spirit conflict would be fantastic,

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: 22 February 2023, 14:26:01 »
I look really forward to.
If I might dream, a sourcebook like Battle of Tukkayyid about the whole Burrock-Blood Spirit and Star Adder-Blood Spirit conflict would be fantastic,

Make it so! I am really interested in learning more about the lost ships of the spirit fleet and their beta galaxy

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 22 February 2023, 20:27:16 »
It's on the Coming Releases page: https://bg.battletech.com/books/upcoming-releases/

Holy damn. Never would I have thought they'd give that conflict the sourcebook treatment. Has there been any movement on this product (considering some the 'upcoming releases' on that page have in fact, released, a while ago)? Man, this gives me new hope they'll revisit Luthien and Op. Dragonslayer.

I too am very excited. More info on the fallen Spirit Galaxies, the Burrocks, and the battles themselves that changed the Toumans of all three participating Clans... I can't wait!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 24 February 2023, 13:52:46 »
Getting more info about the grand invasion of the Spirit Homeworld of York with its battles in space and on ground ... this would make some gret sories and battles ... of which Battletech has been made.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: 18 March 2023, 14:20:32 »
Here is a great Star Adder Mech drawning by Matt Plog:

https://www.deviantart.com/mattplog/art/Comm-New-Snake-Skin-932183927

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #107 on: 18 March 2023, 15:11:49 »

That's actually one of my designs I had Matt do for the Aries TRO!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #108 on: 18 March 2023, 16:22:35 »
It's on the Coming Releases page: https://bg.battletech.com/books/upcoming-releases/

it also notes that the series was intended to get it's first release in 2022, it's 2023 now so... best to temper that hype.
The Suns will shine again

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: 18 March 2023, 16:50:36 »

That's a very sleek design, but man do I love the color placement in that pic, the small red highlights that don't contrast too sharply against the Adder blue/black combo. I've had trouble with 'too much red' painting the Gamma scheme before, and that makes me want to give it another attempt.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #110 on: 18 March 2023, 18:45:21 »
That's a very sleek design, but man do I love the color placement in that pic, the small red highlights that don't contrast too sharply against the Adder blue/black combo. I've had trouble with 'too much red' painting the Gamma scheme before, and that makes me want to give it another attempt.

Yeah I agree...Matt does do a great job of that one!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: 19 March 2023, 07:21:29 »
And it is a great efficient heavy OmniMech  :thumbsup:

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #112 on: 19 March 2023, 07:25:34 »
it also notes that the series was intended to get it's first release in 2022, it's 2023 now so... best to temper that hype.
But never forget to keep the fire burn  ;)

Probably they have had to postpone the new Brush Wars serie due other more important projects and missing manpower.
Wonder who is going to write the Burrock Absorption. Cubby? Would like to factcheck this, as in good old times.

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #113 on: 19 March 2023, 17:30:54 »
Cubby also said a few months back that the Brush Wars series would be acconpanied by other, smaller releases on the same conflict, like Touring the Stars or Spotlight on. Similar to how Hanseatic Crusade was supported.
Jude Melancon lives!

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: 21 March 2023, 10:55:20 »
Cubby also said a few months back that the Brush Wars series would be acconpanied by other, smaller releases on the same conflict, like Touring the Stars or Spotlight on. Similar to how Hanseatic Crusade was supported.
A Touring the Stars: York, Spotlight on Blood Spirit Alpha Galaxy, Spotlight on Adder Quasar Keshik would be great add-ons.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: 29 March 2023, 11:48:32 »

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #116 on: 29 March 2023, 19:42:54 »

It's still in active development.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #117 on: 29 March 2023, 19:44:21 »
A Touring the Stars: York, Spotlight on Blood Spirit Alpha Galaxy, Spotlight on Adder Quasar Keshik would be great add-ons.

I have to check my production schedule, but IIRC it's going to be two TtS and four SOs to accompany the Brush Wars product. Of course, don't hold me to it. I'd have to confirm and even then, don't hold me to it.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 30 March 2023, 05:07:36 »
I have to check my production schedule, but IIRC it's going to be two TtS and four SOs to accompany the Brush Wars product. Of course, don't hold me to it. I'd have to confirm and even then, don't hold me to it.
This would be simply great  :thumbsup:

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: 19 April 2023, 10:20:10 »
What do you think, how did the Burrock adoptees change their new Clan?

Only militarily? Due inclusion of more light and medium fast Mechs. And more battle armour.

Social? As far as we know the Adders did not get more lazy and liberal as the Burrocks were.