Author Topic: Solaris Skunkwerks And Me  (Read 274203 times)

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
Re: Solaris Skunkwerks And Me
« Reply #330 on: 07 August 2011, 21:12:01 »
Also is there a chance to get battletech balancer to let use input non-mech units even if we can't edit them?  Hell I'd be fine with having to manually enter a unit's bv and flagging bv affecting equipment as long as I don't have to spend hours with a notepad and calculator mapping out all my options.lagging bv affecting equipment as long as I don't have to spend hours with a notepad and calculator mapping out all my options. out all my options.

This you can already do, use the third button in, the shield with the grey gear looking thing.  It will let you enter the name, model, type, and BV of the unit you want added.  It can't print anything but it allows for balancing of units and skills.  I use this all the time for vehicles in my games then print from the recordsheets.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #331 on: 08 August 2011, 07:31:02 »
Any chance of us getting the new equipment from the WoR?  I want me my Nova CEWS!
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #332 on: 08 August 2011, 07:40:20 »
Any chance of us getting the new equipment from the WoR?  I want me my Nova CEWS!
Use Custom Equipment.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #333 on: 08 August 2011, 08:14:34 »

Moratorium would apply for those. Usually, that means the date of the print publication (which is still a few weeks away) plus two months. That's how sarna and MM handle it and the SSW team used more or less the same rules so far.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #334 on: 08 August 2011, 09:02:26 »
Moratorium would apply for those. Usually, that means the date of the print publication (which is still a few weeks away) plus two months. That's how sarna and MM handle it and the SSW team used more or less the same rules so far.
Which I assume will also be valid for the tech advancement in the back of TRO:Prototypes?

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #335 on: 08 August 2011, 10:05:50 »
Which I assume will also be valid for the tech advancement in the back of TRO:Prototypes?

I would think so, yes. Especially since, so far, there was no Record Sheet release.

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #336 on: 09 August 2011, 01:37:43 »
Any reason why Arrow IV Launchers are a no-go for Clanners when using restrict availability by year (running 6.76). It seems it has extinction date set at 0 rather then N/A. Same as Vehicle Flamers.

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #337 on: 09 August 2011, 21:08:00 »
Use Custom Equipment.

How dose one add Custom Equipment?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #338 on: 09 August 2011, 21:53:32 »

The Moratorium would apply, and some of the equipment needs errata first before we can add it to SSW (just a few minor things).

Any reason why Arrow IV Launchers are a no-go for Clanners when using restrict availability by year (running 6.76). It seems it has extinction date set at 0 rather then N/A. Same as Vehicle Flamers.

Hmm, I'll have to check that, but right now it looks like a error (kind of a simple fix).

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #339 on: 10 August 2011, 07:31:05 »
How dose one add Custom Equipment?
Take a look here: http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/custom-weapons and some of the SSW guys can help you out figuring out any problems you might have. I did mine a while ago and have forgotten how ;D
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #340 on: 10 August 2011, 16:06:10 »
Has there been an errata on how Sword weights are calculated, or does SSW do it wrong?

Tech manual says:
A sword’s weight (in tons) is equal to the ‘Mech’s tonnage, divided by 20 (rounded up to the nearest whole number).

Now for a 45 ton mech (Beowulf BEO-14), that would be 45/20 = 2.25 tons, rounded up to 3 tons, but SSW gives 2.5 ton.  What is even more confusing is that doing it according to TM makes the mech 0.5 ton overweight, while doing it as SSW does now with a 2.5 ton sword makes the design legal. I have tried to search the erratas but have not found anything.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #341 on: 10 August 2011, 16:24:21 »
Has there been an errata on how Sword weights are calculated, or does SSW do it wrong?

Tech manual says:
Now for a 45 ton mech (Beowulf BEO-14), that would be 45/20 = 2.25 tons, rounded up to 3 tons, but SSW gives 2.5 ton.  What is even more confusing is that doing it according to TM makes the mech 0.5 ton overweight, while doing it as SSW does now with a 2.5 ton sword makes the design legal. I have tried to search the erratas but have not found anything.

Yes, there has been errata (you will probably have to search the archives for it). Swords have always been half ton weapons, the text in TM was an error.

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #342 on: 10 August 2011, 16:54:21 »
Yes, there has been errata (you will probably have to search the archives for it). Swords have always been half ton weapons, the text in TM was an error.

Thanks. I could not find it, even on the archives, so I submitted a new errata report.

-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #343 on: 11 August 2011, 13:42:27 »
I don't know if this is a bug or unfixable...

When you're in the open mechs dialog, even losing focus resets any sort of custom sorting.  Is there a way for the user to fix this, or is it just the way things have to be?

Ok, now it only resets sorting when you load a mech... that was weird.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2011, 13:45:08 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

bkjohns96

• Private
« Reply #344 on: 13 August 2011, 12:58:36 »
I was just wondering if we could get a button on the print record sheet window that would allow you to print all configurations of an omnimech. By the way this program is great!

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #345 on: 18 August 2011, 21:32:45 »
Anyone know why Null-Signature seems to let you mount Targeting Computers in this?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #346 on: 19 August 2011, 00:13:14 »
Anyone know why Null-Signature seems to let you mount Targeting Computers in this?
SSW will not stop you from adding a TC after you've added null-sig. It will stop you from adding a Null/Void-Signature System if the mech already has a TC.   Sounds like a bug to me.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #347 on: 21 August 2011, 15:10:10 »
A very minor bug with experimental tech - the Artemis V shows the correct number of crits on the TROs when there is one launcher in the location, but when there is more than one launcher in a location it shows the weight of both Artemis, but only the crits for one - see the design here: http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,9473.0.html. It seems to be a Text TRO issue only.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: 25 August 2011, 02:05:06 »
Something seems to go wrong with the BV calculation for Thunder Fox TFT-C3.
I and the record sheet gets BV 1104, SSW gets BV 1155.
To me it looks like the:
Maximum Jump Movement Modifier:   1.30
is where things go wrong.
Jumping four hexes should give 1 (from 4 hexes) + 1 (from jumping) target modifier for a 1.2 defensive modifier.
So, look over the calculation of jump movement modifier for mechanical jump boosters.

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #349 on: 26 August 2011, 09:42:40 »
Has the damage for ballistic artillery and artillery cannon been changed? Does it need to be updated in SSW?

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #350 on: 27 August 2011, 10:10:02 »
I noted that Data/Equipment/weapons.dat is named Weapons.dat in the latest version (0.6.76). That will cause problems on case-sensitive systems like UNIX, due to either not loading at all due to not finding that file or using an older version if a clean install has not been performed. Solution: Make the first letter lower case.

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #351 on: 31 August 2011, 08:47:19 »
As awesome as this program is, do we have any indication how far along a vehicle-version is? and what form it will take? Stand alone program, or some kind of increasingly flexible meta-system?
« Last Edit: 03 September 2011, 19:44:27 by beachhead1985 »
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #352 on: 08 September 2011, 23:56:08 »
I can't for the life of me find it anywhere and I'm sure I'm being an idiot about it, but how do I edit which little gif image my custom mechs get stuck with? I've managed to figure out how to edit the gif themselves, I just want to choose what my mechs look like now is all. Because seriously, every mech I brought into the last battle looked like an old school rifleman. Made things very confusing. Every single assault mech I make also looks like an Atlas.

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

Sandslice

• Lieutenant
« Reply #353 on: 09 September 2011, 00:40:24 »
I can't for the life of me find it anywhere and I'm sure I'm being an idiot about it, but how do I edit which little gif image my custom mechs get stuck with? I've managed to figure out how to edit the gif themselves, I just want to choose what my mechs look like now is all. Because seriously, every mech I brought into the last battle looked like an old school rifleman. Made things very confusing. Every single assault mech I make also looks like an Atlas.

Go to (megamek and/or MekHQ folder)\data\images\units\mechset.txt, then find #Mechs and add a line in this exact format:

Code: [Select]
exact "Griffin GRF-1N" "griffin1N.gif"This is for a sprite you want to use with a specific variant (in case you want your 5J variant to look different from your 5H variant)  In our example, only the 1N will use that sprite; a 1S (or even a Royal 1Nb) won't.

Code: [Select]
chassis "Griffin" "griffin.gif"This is for a sprite you want to use generally (say you have eight variants of the same 'Mech, or Omni configs, and don't want to sprite up each of them.)  Any variant you use with the name (in this case Griffin) will use that sprite.

If you don't, then you'll get the appropriate among the 18 defaults.  :)

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #354 on: 09 September 2011, 01:01:29 »
WOOHOO! thank you :)

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #355 on: 09 September 2011, 08:48:25 »
Oops, sorry for the delays folks. August and early September got a bit busy for me (I know all of August was busy as hell for Skyhigh).

I should have new `Mech files up to bring SSW up to date all the way to just before 3090 rather soon.

If you have noticed errors with the `Mech files, please let me know via PM here (Drop me a line again if you already have, just incase I lost it the first time). After a bit of this, I should hopefully be ready to release the new versions (assuming that dropbox hasn't messed them all up. Great idea, not so great in execution :) )

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #356 on: 09 September 2011, 11:18:28 »
ok, one more issue (for now haha)

when I made my custom .gif/sprite whatever it's called, it works great except there is a blue blob around it in the game. What kind of background are you putting on it to make it match the color of the camo you choose and not have the background like the sprites that come with the game?

Sandslice

• Lieutenant
« Reply #357 on: 09 September 2011, 12:52:29 »
ok, one more issue (for now haha)

when I made my custom .gif/sprite whatever it's called, it works great except there is a blue blob around it in the game. What kind of background are you putting on it to make it match the color of the camo you choose and not have the background like the sprites that come with the game?

Try making the gif's background (the bits "outside" the sprite) transparent (zero opacity.)  The bits "inside" the sprite should be white.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #358 on: 09 September 2011, 23:36:39 »
I should have new `Mech files up to bring SSW up to date all the way to just before 3090 rather soon.

nice!

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #359 on: 10 September 2011, 01:26:01 »
Try making the gif's background (the bits "outside" the sprite) transparent (zero opacity.)  The bits "inside" the sprite should be white.

Cool thanks. I don't see anything in MSPaint that has anything for transparency, so I'll draw the pixels in paint and then transport it over to Illustrator and mess with the fills and opacity.

On a related note... I have only been using Blacks, whites, and gray tones when I make the sprites, but after I play a game and exit out the sprite suddenly has purples and pinks in it. None of the other sprites do this. I know I know, user error, lol. Got anymore suggestions for an obnoxious fan of MegaMek?