Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Fiction / Re: Black Water
« Last post by Katarn04 on Today at 08:39:25 »
Means I like your stuff and I'm paying attention. it's derived from that scene in "Hunt for Red October" in which Sean Connery says "one ping, only." kind of a cultural thing...

OH!! Thank you so much. Bear with me! I ran around the ground and shot things. I’m too stupid, culturally, for cultural references haha.
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 08:25:44 »
I don’t quite understand, Cannon. Did I do something wrong?

Means I like your stuff and I'm paying attention. it's derived from that scene in "Hunt for Red October" in which Sean Connery says "one ping, only." kind of a cultural thing...
Fan Fiction / Re: Hidden Hope (Golden Lion AU, Part 4)
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 08:23:33 »
Those Kells are a menace.

Indeed

---

“Oh! That hurts.” Ranna screeched as the sleep deprived MedTech on call finished spraying the antibiotic ointment to her roadrash. “Yeah, well you should have thought of that before falling off a motorcycle onto asphalt.”
“It was not my decision.”

“Of course not! None of this was! Ranna Kerensky was utterly innocent of the whole situation.”
Diana said from the opposite side of the bench, each woman had a single arm free with the other one was handcuffed to a table leg. They were presently back-to-back for ease of access for the MedTech but unlike Ranna Diana didn’t flinch when the spray was applied.

A tall and imposing woman entered possessing the distinctive battle scars from prior service as an Armored Trooper visible around the tunic and armored vest. The large revolver on her belt added to the menace of Phoebe, who had the misfortune of being nominated as the acting Patrol Commander despite being the equivalent of a JAG Officer and was clearly unhappy about it based on her tone. “I suppose birds of a feather do flock together.”

The MedTech took her leave exchanging a worried look with the larger woman as she departed. “Bondswoman Ranna…Star Colonel Kerensky will be furious when she learns you sought to escape. She had high hopes for you, and you have thrown her hospitality back into her face.”

“Inquisitor, I suppose it is too late to convince you that Diana attempted to kidnap me.”

Phoebe laughed and stared Ranna down, “I think so, but I salute your feeble efforts.”
She stood up and circled to Diana, “And her accomplice, the Freeborn Traitor Diana.”
“That is Diana Pryde, Khan of Clan Jade Falcon. Show some respect Inquisitor.”

Her laugh boomed in the confined space, she stopped and stared down Diana. “Oh? Am I in the presence of a Khan? What an honor.
You should not have come back ‘Khan Pryde.’
There is a substantial bounty on you for your high treason.”
“My mother always did tell me I was valuable.”

Ranna almost chuckled, Phelen was clearly having corrosive influence on her rival’s stoicism. Like Phelen however glibness only earned her a mild backhand to the face. She had to do something before it was something more substantial.
“We are more valuable to you right now than you know.”
Inquisitor and Ranna were face to face again, “In what way bondswoman?”
“The people in that MRAP were ROM and were trying to kill us to protect themselves.
You should do a sweep of the facility to see if they left anything behind.”

She strolled about as Ranna and Diana’s heads followed her before they got in each other’s way and elbowed one another. “That would be rather convenient for both of you.
Instead of trapping and probably killing my people, if you were instead the saviors of the rest.”
“It’s true. I did not want to come here; I was content to leave you all to your fate.
COMSTAR did not tell us they were coming and yet here they are.
I have no reason to lie to you considering I am now stuck at ground zero, so we are presently on the same side.”
“Do not attempt to sway me by using your Watch pysops Traitor. The Sheriff will come to collect and process you later. I have the mind to just take you outside and shoot you now, but I do not have that authority.

As for you runaway Colonel Kerensky is presently involved in preparations for our impending glorious victory against your traitorous kin. Perhaps she will give you the opportunity to grovel before her for clemency when she is done.”

Phoebe slammed the door behind her, and they heard the lock click behind her leaving them in the vacant storeroom.
“I hope you are happy Ranna.”
“Well Diana, perhaps the Dragoons will provide the distraction your team needs to bust us out and take over some mechs to escape to friendly lines.”
“With luck they will do so before whatever COMSTAR has planned can be enacted.”

At the Alkan Ridge Hydroelectric Dam, the Clans’ CIU (Civil Infrastructure Unit) dawn watch took over for the midnight watch. They looked toward the rising sun, above them aerospace forces were once more engaged as the AMC Invasion Force neared, in the hinterlands beyond the garrison and recent reinforcements prepared themselves for the coming battle. Behind them in the remaining night of the dam’s shadow, something unseen and strange emerged from the water which flowed over it as easily as light itself.
I was perusing the comment section on KS to see if there was any information about which wave of shipping people would be in. The amount of negativity is astounding! It seems like a lot of people were expecting shipping to be $20 or something along those lines and are acting like they expected the packages to arrive a week after the campaign ended. While I can certainly understand being impatient when there's something you want very badly and it hasn't arrived yet, I also understand that things take time. I thought CGL has done a pretty good job of being honest and transparent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol and venom being spewed out. If I ever back another KS, I will definitely be steering clear of the comments section!

In my experience, that is pretty typical of Kickstarter comments.

I see you have already discovered the solution.
I've heard of Ogre Battle and Ogre Battle 64 but never really played them; didn't know they had a connection to Unicorn Overlord

Ogre Battle was one of my favorite SNES games. If you work the lineage backwards, combine the slow RTS placement of units in Unicorn with the breadth of class changes from Final Fantasy Tactics and you'll get the idea. The other big element was an alignment system. Evil and good units worked best with their own, city liberation usually preferred good units, and fighting higher level enemies raised your alignment while beating down on lower level enemies lowered it. In this way you could recruit and steer whether a dragon became a virtuous metal dragon or an evil zombie dragon.
A friedn who runs a webshop and orders from a German distributor says it's on their system now and should be out the end of next month.
Off Topic / Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Last post by Fat Guy on Today at 08:06:59 »
Last night was probably the last time this season we'll have more than one game a day.   :sad:
« Last post by Katarn04 on Today at 08:01:18 »
pinged.

I don’t quite understand, Cannon. Did I do something wrong?
Rules are as follows:
Mixed-tech with a retrotech base.
3145 tech.
Primitive armor only.
Must be specialized for a specific role.
Must be designed with garrsion duty first and formost.
tonnage limit is 55 tons.
May use Improved and Enhanced clan tech if available to goliath scorpions.
No Tipods.
you may collaborate with up to two different forum members to come up with an entry.

Scenario: You are working as part of the Scorpion empires technician caste or scientist caste, you're team is charge with designing with retrotech as a base a new miltiamech grade battlemech by the goliath scorpion touman. this mech cannot weigh more than 55 tons and must use easy to manufacutre structual components. so retrotech is needed to keep production costs low. however you are permitted to mix clanspec weapons and equipment with this primitive inner sphere base.
Shipping used to be a lot cheaper. In fact, early in KS's history it wasn't unusual for shipping to be included in the pledge. That did change fast when creators started getting burned.

Wasn't any better about  blowing the timeline though.

So many people are in the mindset of to "covid is over so the world is back to normal now." They don't seem to get that it's impact on the shipping industry is still being felt, and issues with different major shipping canals since are only making it take longer to get back on track.

With the timing thing, anyone who's done a kickstarter should know by now that six months late is early.  For anyone who it's their first time, it's their own fault for not doing research before jumping into crowdfunding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10