Author Topic: BattleTech Miniatures Cases  (Read 29827 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: BattleTech Miniatures Cases
« Reply #120 on: 21 August 2011, 10:43:35 »
And for the record, I did speak with the art director at GenCon, and he gave me a great idea for naming the bags. While the designs are the Ranger and Recon, I am considering "Nicknaming" them for BattleTech. The plan for now is to call the Recon, the Union. And we will call the Ranger, the Overlord.
LOL, that is an awesome coincidence.  I wholeheartedly support that idea with  O0  O0

Currently there are no plans for a Leopard class case, but I have been kicking some ideas around. DO NOT assume it will happen any time soon.
While a Leopard would work the a single person bringing just a few mechs to a game, (IE, me coming to one of Joel's games)....... I'm not sure how useful it would be for the "majority" of people that use them for large scale storage & transport.

(And full disclosure, I did not ask Hellraiser to make his post praising the project. Although I do appreciate the kind words.)
PFFT.  Like I would if you asked  }:)
No, really, I think they are pretty awesome looking and much nicer than many of the generic ones I've seen or even own.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #121 on: 21 August 2011, 10:45:33 »
I think instead of a faction patch, I'd like to have a Jumpship silhouette on mine. :)
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

stew31r

• Recruit
« Reply #122 on: 21 August 2011, 11:02:05 »
I hope there's a MRBC patch in the works sooner or later, for us homegrown merc unit players
Expect the worst from the gods of war and they will seldom disappoint you- General Jason Wander, Orphan's Triumph

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: 21 August 2011, 15:41:12 »
I thought you quit BT after your clan was killed off...   [whipit]  [brew] [watch]

???

No, I don't recall ever saying anything like that.  While I do dislike many of the things TPTB have done to CBT, I love the game and the universe too much to leave (so far).  That, and I'm not one for ragequit posts.

The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #124 on: 21 August 2011, 15:51:49 »
???

No, I don't recall ever saying anything like that.  While I do dislike many of the things TPTB have done to CBT, I love the game and the universe too much to leave (so far).  That, and I'm not one for ragequit posts.

Just jerking your chain and stirring the pot.  In college I went by the title "Mr Maytag, because I'm an agitator.".

RJM

• Sergeant
  • "How do I define honor? Success." -Vlad Ward
« Reply #125 on: 21 August 2011, 16:05:02 »
Still can't wait for these to even just go on pre-order.  My Reaper bags are decent in function, but basically 100% full at this point and oh-so-bland. :-)

But holy crap, the idea of a gray "dropship paneling" patterned bag is absolutely awesome.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #126 on: 21 August 2011, 19:36:29 »
Still can't wait for these to even just go on pre-order.  My Reaper bags are decent in function, but basically 100% full at this point and oh-so-bland. :-)

But holy crap, the idea of a gray "dropship paneling" patterned bag is absolutely awesome.

Heck yea! Cripes, I'd go ga ga over a solid olive drab Recon with an SLDF Cameron Star. Yup, Daddy likes. Either way, I'm buying one of these. I've been using "reappropriated" GW mini cases with different foam to store my minis. I feel dirty just combining the two. 
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #127 on: 21 August 2011, 20:09:11 »
Heck yea! Cripes, I'd go ga ga over a solid olive drab Recon with an SLDF Cameron Star. Yup, Daddy likes. Either way, I'm buying one of these. I've been using "reappropriated" GW mini cases with different foam to store my minis. I feel dirty just combining the two.

Wait a second, you fly an Amaris avatar yet want a Cameron Star on your bag???  Isn't that a bit of a conflict? 

I do think you're right, though.  A Cameron Star would be an excellent option.   O0

outriderhobbies

• Corporal
    • Outrider Hobbies Website
« Reply #128 on: 21 August 2011, 21:22:43 »
@Hellraiser - Like anything else, the Leopard would be there to fulfill a need. There are people that don't need all the room that you get in a Recon/Union, but still want something cool. Again, not anything that will happen soon, just kicking some ideas around.

@MoneyLovinOgre4Hire, stew31r, Knightmare and Hersh67 - Great ideas, but we have to get things moving first. Although I do want to set up something like the fan funding for IWM to get new patches made. That way you all can decide what you want as opposed to me telling you what you want.

@RJM - Would be more of a solid gray than a pattern, doing a pattern would require a printed material that is just out of the budget limits right now. (The art director and I had a LONG discussion about that)

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #129 on: 21 August 2011, 22:06:26 »
Thanks.  Wish I could've gotten to the Con this year.
I vow to make it in 2012 (unless that whole end of the world thing happens... ;)).

No worries, man.  The end of the world is supposed to happen in November or December...one of those 21sts or something.  So you have no excuse for not enjoying one final end of the world Gencon...:)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #130 on: 21 August 2011, 22:10:52 »
No worries, man.  The end of the world is supposed to happen in November or December...one of those 21sts or something.  So you have no excuse for not enjoying one final end of the world Gencon...:)
I'm just waiting for December 24th of this year and watching the Japanese news channels.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #131 on: 22 August 2011, 15:24:27 »
That was you at Joel's game on Saturday wasn't it?  Saw the bag, thought it looked familiar.

Which one was it, though?  the recon or the ranger?

Xtrahmxwohld

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Utinni! A beton nya mombay m'bwa!
« Reply #132 on: 22 August 2011, 16:01:35 »
Love the bag, it looks awesome.

I'd like to put in another call for pictures.  I'm a visual person so I prefer pictures, as many as possible  ;)

I've found, for me, that 2" deep trays with 1.5" x 2" and 1.5" x 2.5" slots work great for the majority of mechs (lying down). Do you have any trays that fit that?
CDT Agent #319

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #133 on: 22 August 2011, 23:47:14 »
That was you at Joel's game on Saturday wasn't it?  Saw the bag, thought it looked familiar.

Which one was it, though?  the recon or the ranger?
He was there in July for sure afterwards out in the parking lot.
I missed last week so can't say, but I'd assume so.
Recon looks like it can hold a stack of TW sized books.
Ranger looks like it can hold an Ice Chest for a tailgating party at Cards stadium......that starts on Saturday.  :o

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #134 on: 23 August 2011, 09:52:07 »
Wait a second, you fly an Amaris avatar yet want a Cameron Star on your bag???  Isn't that a bit of a conflict? 

I'm in the throes of some inner turmoil at the moment. Being on a Wobbie kick can do that. I plan on regaining my senses sometime in early 2012.

Meh. I just love all of BattleTech - the good, the bad and the ugly.

@outriderhobbies - Fan funding sounds great. Good call.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

outriderhobbies

• Corporal
    • Outrider Hobbies Website
« Reply #135 on: 24 August 2011, 01:32:03 »
@BirdofPrey - Yeah, that was me. The bag I had with was the Recon/Union. The ones we tested in the trunk of Joel's car were Ranger/Overlords.

@Xtrahmxwohld - I have a tray already with 1.5"x2" cuts, and can put that on a 2" thick tray. I don't have any 1.5"x2.5" cuts but that isn't hard to make. I'll try to have it this weekend.

@Knightmare - Thanks. I figured it would be a better way to get patches made than dealing with a lot of complaining that XYZ faction wasn't out yet. This way, everyone can get what they want, sooner.

Xtrahmxwohld

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Utinni! A beton nya mombay m'bwa!
« Reply #136 on: 24 August 2011, 10:04:21 »
@Xtrahmxwohld - I have a tray already with 1.5"x2" cuts, and can put that on a 2" thick tray. I don't have any 1.5"x2.5" cuts but that isn't hard to make. I'll try to have it this weekend.

Oh, don't hurry on my account. I'm not in need of a new bag right now considering my current bag is only 3/4 full. It's nice to know the option will be there when I'm ready though. Thanks!
CDT Agent #319

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #137 on: 25 November 2013, 02:09:33 »
Are these cases still being made?
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #138 on: 25 November 2013, 09:18:49 »
You would have to check with Outrider Hobbies on that.  I would recommend communicating via email to confirm he can fill an order before trying to place an order just to be sure he has stock available.  I know he orders the bags from a manufacturer so they may or may not have stock at the moment.  You can try his website : http://foamcorps.com/ or look them up on Facebook. 

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #139 on: 25 November 2013, 11:08:21 »
I haven't spoken to him in several months, but I hadn't heard of him not doing it anymore & last I knew he had finished the original orders.
Agreed with Jim, shoot him an email first before placing the order.

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #140 on: 25 November 2013, 19:53:12 »

See this thread:  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,34224.0.html and then don't bother.

Mike

Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #141 on: 25 November 2013, 22:33:50 »
Well that's discouraging.
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada