Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: A couple of Typhoon.
« Last post by ISD on 20 May 2024, 23:34:45 »
Cool!
For some reason the lamppost-meeting one has repeatedly made me think you painted ECTO-1 :laugh:
Clan Politics is a civilization-scale machine learning algorithm designed to produce the most dangerous person with a minimum viable amount of charisma and the scale is large enough that we get enough of them to fill a moderate size high school auditorium.
Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Last post by Kem on 20 May 2024, 22:59:37 »
OOG:

Just saying hi and observing for now. I am a friend of Crash99c and they suggested at least saying hi and introducing myself a bit.

I'd love to end up playing, but honestly, I've read a few pages and am a bit lost, so as I started with, I'll observe for now and am patient, so no worrying about me.
And yet the UrbieLam may help startup the LAM lance where we see the Wasp, Stinger, and Phoenix Hawk LAMs.  With the lance being filled by the Shadow Hawk, Scorpion, or Champion (or all the above).

I don't anticipate a Lance Pack of LAMs ever happening (though, you're missing the Wobbie Pwwka).  You're talking about a dozen models in one box.  That's the same as the Mercenaries box or (almost) the Alpha Strike box.  That's going to be a big box.
Tomorrow's the big day. I reverse-engineered the original Bull Shark variants in preparation for this. I'm planning to reproduce the BSK-M3 on the BSK-1.

Mako is running a little slower than the BSK-MAZ, it turns out, but aside from the Clan tech base and the trade of its Thumper cannon for other weapons and the additional armor it gains from the downgraded engine rating, it's consistent. Both the BSK-M3 and BSK-MAZ had XL 285 engines and endo steel structure, it turns out; stripping them of absolutely everything possible leaves the appropriate tonnage remaining, with the MAZ only forced with 10 more tons due to the fixed Thumper cannon. The movement is also consistent with other 285-rated 95-tonners in HBSTech.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong about Mako's engine rating. Mako has a 285 engine. I apparently have to recheck everything regularly even while I'm writing these things. Good thing these things are written down somewhere, at least! I'm just wrong about how fast 285-rated engines are supposed to be on 95-tonners in MWO.

EDIT 2: Aaaaand I found out that my quest to reproduce the BSK-M3 was doomed to fail on account of there not being enough missile hardpoints on the BSK-1's side torsos. Damn. Proxying in a pair of LRM-10s is an idea, but they're too heavy. Ah well.
When do we get a summer/Con release schedule?
The Inner Sphere / Re: Gray Death Legion timeline?
« Last post by Colt Ward on 20 May 2024, 22:31:30 »
I was wondering when the GDL recovered Grayson's lost Marauder from the Falcons.
Some are salty about the attention Urbies gets.  Some are salty about LAMs in general.

Put them together and you get a salt mine ready for people to want to explode.

And yet the UrbieLam may help startup the LAM lance where we see the Wasp, Stinger, and Phoenix Hawk LAMs.  With the lance being filled by the Shadow Hawk, Scorpion, or Champion (or all the above). 

And we may not see anything either and the UrbieLam set is just an April Fools Jokes that became “reality”.

The only constants are death, taxes, and any dice I use fails me when I Alpha Strike.

General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Crimson Skies and Aerotech?
« Last post by Luciora on 20 May 2024, 22:20:25 »
OG Renegade was set up in a way that 1 Leviathan turn was like 10 Interceptor turns and 1 interceptor turn was like 5 Centurion turns.   It was a giant clockwork cog.  I'm sure I'm misremembering it however. 
MegaMek Games / Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Last post by beachhead1985 on 20 May 2024, 22:14:36 »
We don't support it, and have idea when we'll implement it.

Darn. Okay. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Register