Author Topic: The Principality of Rasalhague 3049  (Read 3955 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
The Principality of Rasalhague 3049
« on: 22 October 2020, 23:24:10 »
[Spun off from the Warship Race Redux, an idea came to me of a 3049 version of the same nation-state I'm currently playing as: the Principality of Rasalhague. The idea behind the original thread is Warships make a bigger impact upon the fiction, as we the players take control of the Admiralty of our particular nations. Yes it diverges from canon, and yes it favors the Aerospace portion of the game, admittedly a game I've never played lol. Anyways the idea being Rasalhague exists and continues to exist as an independent entity rather than being absorbed by the Draconis Combine. Don't know if I'll include maps or not, but who knows how far I'll take it, whether it will be in the form of a Field Manual and Updates, or in character talk, etc. Decided not to change the name for the moment, because I couldn't find a better title. I may change that in the future. So here it goes!]

The Principality of Rasalhague
Time period: 3049
Classification: Successor State
Controlled systems: 80+
Capital world: Rasalhague
Ruler title: Elected Prince
Military: Royal Rasalhague Army (KungsArmé), Royal Rasalhague Fleet (Kunglig Flotta)
Secret Service:   MIMIR
« Last Edit: 06 November 2020, 20:54:28 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The Principality of Rasalhague 3049
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2020, 23:24:20 »
RESERVED: Goverment
« Last Edit: 22 October 2020, 23:26:56 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2020, 23:24:29 »
KungsArmé (Royal Rasalhague Army)

The Kungsarme is divided into several different divisions. Each division has its own General, all of which comprise of the High Command. The senior most General is the General of the Armies (a title rarely used) but they are responsible and beholden to the Elected Prince. Nominally the General of the Armies comes from the Battlemech RCT’s, but several notable Admirals have held the post, and theoretically any officer of the High Command can hold the title.

Battlemech Regimental Combat Teams
At the top of the RRA are the BattleMech Regimental Combat Teams. Each Regiment of mechs is supported by three vehicle Regiments, six infantry regiments, an artillery battalion, and two aerospace wings. Each Regiment is commanded by a Colonel, with a Lieutenant General commanding the RCT, while each Division is commanded by a Major General. They all answer to High Command or the Elected Prince, and to the General (of the Army).

The Elite Guards
- 1st Tyr Regiment - Assault - E/F
- 2nd Tyr Regiment - Assault - E/F
- 1st Gunzburg Eagles - Assault - E/F
- 1st Valkyrie - Unique (see appendix) - E/F
- 1st Panserborne - Assault - E/F
- 2nd Panserborne - Assault - E/F

Drakon Regiments
- 1st Drakons - Heavy - V/F
- 2nd Drakons - Heavy - V/R
- 3rd Drakons - Heavy - R/R
- 4th Drakons - Heavy - V/R
- 5th Drakons - Heavy - V/R
- 6th Drakons - Heavy - R/R

Dragoon Regiments
- 1st Dragoons - Heavy - V/R
- 2nd Dragoons - Heavy - V/R
- 3rd Dragoons - Heavy - R/R

Freemen Regiments
- 1st Freemen - Medium - G/F
- 2nd Freemen - Medium - R/R
- 3rd Freemen - Medium - R/R
- 4th Freemen - Medium - R/R
- 5th Freemen - Medium - R/R

Hussar Regiments
- 1st Hussars - Light - R/F
- 2nd Hussars - Light - G/F
- 3rd Hussars - Light - V/F
- 4th Hussars - Light - G/R
- 5th Hussars - Light - G/R
- 6th Hussars - Light - G/R

Kavalleri Regiments
- 1st Kavalleri - Medium - V/F
- 2nd Kavalleri - Medium - V/R
- 3rd Kavalleri - Medium - G/F
- 4th Kavalleri - Medium - G/R
- 5th Kavalleri - Medium - R/R

Huskarl Regiments
- 1st Huskarls - Assault - E/F
- 4th Huskarls - Light - R/F
- 6th Huskarls - Light - R/F
- 11th Huskarls - Light - R/F
- 14th Huskarls - Medium - R/F
- 21st Huskarls - Assault - E/R
- 23rd Huskarls - Heavy - R/F

Guards Regiments
- 7th Guards - Assault - V/R
- 27th Guards - Heavy - R/R
- 28th Guards - Heavy - R/R
- 29th Guards - Medium - V/R
- 30th Guards - Medium - R/R
- 31st Guards - Medium - R/R
- 32nd Guards - Medium - R/Q
- 33rd Guards - Medium - R/Q
- 34th Guards - Medium - G/R
- 35th Guards - Light - V/R
- 36th Guards - Light - G/R
- 37th Guards - Light - R/Q

Rasalhague Militia

Each planet in the PoR maintains its own planetary Militia. Each Militia comprises of a company of Battlemechs, four armor regiments, eight infantry regiments, and one aerospace wing. They answer to the planets Valdhere, or planetary governor. Each Governor has authority to deploy the Militia across the planet, or the system in some cases, but the Militia can not be deployed out of system without High Commands approval. This has rarely happened except during the case of wars. The Militia is not in control of the defensive space stations, nor the forces assigned to them: that command goes thru the special branch of the Admiralty. Each Militia Regiment is commanded by a Colonel, with overall command of a Lieutenant General. When deployed offensively the Militia is subordinate to any front line RCT, however when it comes to defensive operations they retain independent command yet strategic command lies with the veteran unit. Most Militia units are of lighter designs, although at least one vehicle and one infantry regiment are heavy or even assault units. Some notable planets have larger militias.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2023, 16:36:36 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2020, 23:24:44 »
Kunglig Flotta (Royal Rasalhague Fleet)

The fleet is broken down into provincial squadrons. Each squadron is commanded by a Vice Admiral, while Fleet Command is headed by the sole Admiral. Seniority in rank is usually denoted by length of service, however each Admiral upon receiving command may assign a different structure if they choose.

First Fleet: Rasalhague Command

Second Fleet: Orestes Command

Third Fleet: Alashin Command

Fourth Fleet: Jezersko Command
- From the Admiral T. Jorgensson Naval Academy on Jezersko, the Fourth Fleet stands ready against the Draconis Combine. It maintains the second heaviest fleet tonnage among the RRN, its commanders drawing upon its ancient history of defending the RRN. During the Rasalhague Civil War the withdrawal of the Fleet to defend Jezersko from marauding pirates (long suspected to be disguised DCMS units and hired guns) proved to be its saving grace as no ship deserted to the rebels.

Fifth Fleet: Liezen Command
- Once known as the Fleet responsible for coordination with the Rim Worlds Republic, the Fifth Fleet has mostly dealt with pirates over the past couple decades. During the Rasalhague Civil War this Fleet lost both of their heavy cruisers and they have yet to replace them. Instead lighter ships have replaced them in the form of three additional corvettes and a singular frigate. Admiral Vargesson has requested addition ships citing the need to patrol a long Lyran border, but High Command has stated they intend to form a Seventh Fleet based at Gunzburg to draw off a portion of his area of operations. The headquarters of the Fleet is based in the city of Salzmin, on Liezen.

Sixth Fleet: Thule Command
 - The northern most fleet in the RRN, Thule Command is noted as having the lightest ships in the fleet. Thule Command uses a variety of lighter designs augmented by a heavier core force. The fleet also has the largest fleet of supply tenders, JumpShips, and Scout ships in the entire RRN. The Fleet's headquarters is based on Thule in a facility outside New Thule, affectionately dubbed the "Icebox" by the squadron, in reference to the late battle of the Rasalhague Civil War.

Reserve Fleet

Ships of the Fleet

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/aerospace/principality-of-rasalhague-naval-vessels/

Räv-class Corvette (Light Patrol Vessel) {Fox in Swedish}
Hund-class Frigate (Generalist Heavy Gun) {Hound in Swedish}
Vittoria-class Destroyer (Joint RWR design)
Tygrys-class Cruiser (Heavy Gunship) {Tiger in Polish}
Tjur-class Cruiser (Assault Cruiser) {Bull in Swedish}
Riddare-class Cruiser (Lola Modification) {Knight in Swedish}
Jätte Sköldpadda-class Cruiser (Troop Carrier) {Giant Turtle in Swedish}
Vár-class Carrier (Fleet Tender/Light Carrier) {Castle in Hungarian}
Björn-class Battleship (Big Boy) {Bear in Swedish}

Partiolainen-class Scout Jumpship {Scout in Finnish}

Stråle-class Dropship {Ray in Swedish}
Säl-class Dropship {Seal in Swedish}
Haj-class Assault Dropship {Shark in Swedish}

Falk-class Light Fighter {Falcon in Swedish}
Hök-class Heavy Fighter {Hawk in Swedish}
Örn-class Assault Fighter {Eagle in Swedish}

Historical Ships
« Last Edit: 13 November 2020, 20:09:16 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2020, 23:27:10 »
RESERVED: Timeline and Map

Adventwolf

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2020, 10:03:00 »
An interesting premise I look forward to seeing how you take it. Especially the fact it will focus on the Naval side of things and fighters.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2020, 11:09:11 »
Tag’d
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2020, 22:09:44 »
I hope there will be more
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Adventwolf

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2020, 00:07:09 »
I talked to the OP there will be but they are getting most of the background done and making the units before they can start the story.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2020, 09:42:03 »
I hope there will be more

Yes their will be. I’m currently writing it during my three D and D sessions per week (in the background of course) and I’ve got a lot more on paper than on the computer. I’ve figured out a lot of things but right now I’m physically stuck on the 1st and 2nd Succession Wars and how to usher them thru that.... well that and the rest of the galaxy of course.

I’m sorry I’m a slow writer :(

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2020, 20:38:38 »
Yes their will be. I’m currently writing it during my three D and D sessions per week (in the background of course)
color me Jealous, 3 games a week..  My gaming been shutdown since March for Covid
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2020, 21:37:32 »
color me Jealous, 3 games a week..  My gaming been shutdown since March for Covid

It’s all online :p but two of my games have met in a month :p

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2024, 13:09:45 »
Going to be working on this again. Got some new ideas and whatnot

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2024, 16:57:30 »
Going to be working on this again. Got some new ideas and whatnot
Glad to hear that there will be more

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2024, 14:38:38 »
Glad to hear that there will be more

Between Adepticon and boredom at work I’ve gotten more ideas aplenty. My problem is just finding time to type stuff out and upload it here. Transfer between my brain and the computer has horrible upload times lol

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 07 April 2024, 20:19:12 »
I hear that, not sure why that has since horrible upload speed but it is the same here too

Register