Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Thanks.
Fan Fiction / Re: Black Water
« Last post by ckosacranoid on 13 May 2024, 23:08:17 »
I did just a quick glance at this noticed one very huge thing.....how did the dragons spec ops units travel though time back to 2152?
What I'm curious to see is how much the products we're getting through the kickstarter will end up costing at the retailers in the great white north.

401 Games (https://store.401games.ca/pages/search-results?q=battletech) has the mercs content listed for pre-order. If those prices hold, even with high shipping to Canada, this KS was a good deal for me.
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by rebs on 13 May 2024, 22:37:59 »
I saw Blue Man Group in Vegas.  They were hilarious, and I was glad I was on time to the show lol! 

Silver*%$#*% ~ Smashing Pumpkins
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Campaign Operations editions?
« Last post by Aresneo on 13 May 2024, 22:31:48 »
The current art is the Archer on the cover.
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by elf25s on 13 May 2024, 22:27:45 »
had any one seen blue man group?
i had seen them when they started off in NYC they changed a lot since....by astoria theater and around the village
i did get to see gwar back in 90s when they were starting off it was during a comic book convention they had a nice show and since they were not really known yet the band members walked in full costumes at javits center in NYC...
Ground Combat / Re: The Value of an AC/2
« Last post by Charistoph on 13 May 2024, 22:23:31 »
You only need so much speed on an AC/2 carrier though.  Chances are a good half of the map is In Range either way, and you'll probably need to stay stationary to combat medium/long range penalties.  It's only really bad because tanks can't climb hills good.

Getting in to position is just as important as being able to pull back.  And since CVs take twice as much MP to change Levels, that builds up over time when compared to the Blackjack which can just leap over it (in most cases).  There's that nasty Tukayyid map that's a pretty deep canyon...

The Clint is actually in the "no jump" category, since the CLNT-2-4T packs twin AC/2s, but your point still stands, and I don't disagree at all. 

So it is, and fixed.

Also, the backup weapons for the Blackjack are great, making it even better, since everyone tries to counter the Blackjack by getting into AC/2 minimum range, only to be confronted with a facefull of medium lasers.

That definitely helps, that's for sure, though, there's that one hex where you're in Minimum or Medium Range.
Aerospace Combat / Re: FC Naval Command Decision
« Last post by Minemech on 13 May 2024, 22:10:56 »
Please tell me what equivalent tonnage in canon Warships you would use to so easily dispatch the Fox?
That response does not make sense. I could make a 2/3 ship and call it a corvette saying the same thing and give it less cargo capacity, but it does not mean it is not dead meat in a fleet engagement.
Off Topic / Re: PSA: Graduation Announcement.
« Last post by Grognard on 13 May 2024, 22:07:35 »
My daughter specializes in Trumpet (+ piccollo, natural & bugle) and musical arrangements.
But she can also play Piano, trombone, clarinet, french horn, bass drum and quad octave marimba.
She also dabbles in guitar.

We are all very proud of her.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: The Royal Dick: Journey to ReaperCon
« Last post by klarg1 on 13 May 2024, 22:06:24 »
Working on the shadow side. Wasn't expecting such a copper look, but here we are. Main goal was to avoid any colors with yellow in it to communicate that it is in shadow. There will undoubtedly be adjustments later.

I can’t comment on what you were going for, but I really like the tone you’re getting.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10