Author Topic: Clan PPCs (the drink, not the weapon)  (Read 392 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Clan PPCs (the drink, not the weapon)
« on: 30 May 2024, 00:26:28 »
Without Question revealed that there are Clan variants of the most infamous mixed drink in the setting, the PPC.  Specifically, a Jade Falcon PPC is mentioned at one point, being made with absinthe.  So that got me wondering 1) are there canon PPC variants for any other Clans and 2) what do people think that the third ingredient would be for Clans that don't have a canon verion?

I'm going to go ahead and say that the Burrock PPC is two parts grain alcohol and one part toilet wine.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Re: Clan PPCs (the drink, not the weapon)
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2024, 00:46:38 »
This is the first I heard of any of the Clans having a variant of the PPC and I can only assume it's from their time in the Inner Sphere considering the drink started in Solaris. With the Zellbrigen Stables in Solaris hosting Warriors from the Clan OZ, plenty of time for a bartender to come up with a few new drinks.

I can only assume absinthe was chosen for the Jade Falcon for the green color, the other clans wouldn't be as easy as you would also need to avoid anything named that is also trademarked (Jagermeister and Fireball, popular mixers but also brand names)   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2024, 12:40:27 »
This is the first I heard of any of the Clans having a variant of the PPC and I can only assume it's from their time in the Inner Sphere considering the drink started in Solaris. With the Zellbrigen Stables in Solaris hosting Warriors from the Clan OZ, plenty of time for a bartender to come up with a few new drinks.

I can only assume absinthe was chosen for the Jade Falcon for the green color, the other clans wouldn't be as easy as you would also need to avoid anything named that is also trademarked (Jagermeister and Fireball, popular mixers but also brand names)

For Clan Wolf, is vodka taken? (Thinking of that because of the Kerensky bloodname)
The Rasalhague Dominion I could see as being cut with Akvavit due to the Scandinavian character of both the old Priniciapality and the Scandinavian descent of one of Clan Ghost Bear's founders.
Sea Fox probably Napoleon brandy (I don't think that's a trademark, IIRC, though I could be wrong) or some other high-shelf liquor or maybe champagne, due to their reputations as merchants and money-makers (for the limited sense that the Clans acknowledge money)
Ordering a Clan Wolverine PPC would probably be pure grain alcohol and a "do-it-yourself" last will and testament, as you're guaranteed to piss off any Clanner within earshot.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2024, 12:44:50 by Pat Payne »

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2024, 12:54:29 »
Scorpions should be a Mezcal (because of its association with the desert) or Cider (for its Spanish character and to prevent scurvy for Seekers)
Wolves could possibly be similar to the Lyran version (Schnapps)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2024, 13:54:11 »
Sea Fox probably Napoleon brandy (I don't think that's a trademark, IIRC, though I could be wrong) or some other high-shelf liquor or maybe champagne, due to their reputations as merchants and money-makers (for the limited sense that the Clans acknowledge money)

They have a second that they sell; it's grain alcohol mixed with a proprietary dihydrogen monoxide blend.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2024, 15:55:16 »

Hm. Back in Clan Invasion era the Diamond Sharks tried to get the exclusive Homeworld rights to Timbiqui Dark so now I'm wondering if the Foxes will try to corner that market too.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2024, 00:32:10 »
Scorpions should be a Mezcal (because of its association with the desert) or Cider (for its Spanish character and to prevent scurvy for Seekers)
Wolves could possibly be similar to the Lyran version (Schnapps)

wouldn't a scropion PPC just mix iut with Nercosia?
The Suns will shine again

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2024, 11:33:24 »
It seems like the Clan PPC should be a large glass full of grain alcohol followed up by a punch in the face.

Elemental phenotype bartender optional, but recommended.