Author Topic: The warrior Cabals and Filtvelt  (Read 2150 times)

solmanian

• Captain
The warrior Cabals and Filtvelt
« on: 15 February 2015, 17:26:10 »
Traditionally, the outback was the breeding grounds for the Davion warrior cabals. A good chunk of that area seceded to form the Filtvelt Coalition. Did the Cabals had any hand with the secession? If not, did they lend their might to the coalition, seeing it as fulfillment of their desires to get out from under the Davion thumb, or did they remain in the Periphery March, biding their time in their long term strive to unseat the Davions and take over the Suns?
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: The warrior Cabals and Filtvelt
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2015, 19:28:43 »
My take is Filtvelt has been pretty much cabal free.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2015, 21:10:15 »
I would say that while the MechWarrior Cabals themselves likely weren't directly involved, members of the MechWarrior Cabals were likely involved especially  if their holdings fell within the borders of Filvelt Coalition.  The only reason that the Cabals are still around is because of support provided by nobles and other members who are financially well-off.  As long as the Cabals doesn't directly threaten the Filvelt Coalition, the Coalition will probably leave them alone so the Cabals may be using the Filtvelt Coalition as a sort of safe haven.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2015, 21:45:51 »
There was a thread a while back (maybe even on a previous iteration of the forums) that made a pretty convincing argument for Cabal involvement, IIRC.  Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Here we go: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/the-filtvelt-coalition-citizens-for-davion-purity-and-warrior's-cabal/
« Last Edit: 15 February 2015, 21:49:00 by Arkansas Warrior »
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Register