Author Topic: Suprised no one made ?  (Read 1720 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
Suprised no one made ?
« on: 12 May 2022, 07:48:12 »
What units or systems are you suprised was never made ? For me the unit is a hovertank with hardend armor and armored motive systems and 2 large chemical lasers with a fuel cell engine . As for system a super heavy mech transport cubical .

What would be on your list?

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Suprised no one made ?
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2022, 10:10:08 »
Savannah Master with a heavy laser

ten point hits at up to 9 hexes on a platform that moves at OMG FAST?
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2022, 10:53:01 »
ten point hits at up to 9 hexes on a platform that moves at OMG FAST?

in the back, yep 100%

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2022, 11:09:15 »
in the back, yep 100%

In my experience, that rarely actually works out.  What isn't rare, is landing leg and arm hits, or frontal torso hits-and on the sort of light/light-medium opposition your typical Savannahmissile is actually likely to be matched against (unless the map is REAL flat) it's those hits that really show the usage of that ten point whap.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2022, 12:13:37 »
Why no Di Morgan with mixed arms of ER PPCs and Gauss Rifles? Why we have to see either full three ER PPCs or full three Gauss Rifles?

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2022, 13:35:07 »
Why no Di Morgan with mixed arms of ER PPCs and Gauss Rifles? Why we have to see either full three ER PPCs or full three Gauss Rifles?
uniformity of layout on the model.  The housing for a Gauss rifle doesn't (or isn't supposed) to look like the housing on a PPC or autocannon.  (also there's the issue of range bands.)

Atarlost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2022, 14:15:46 »
Dropships modified to fit the formations various successor states actually used.  Like the Capellan augmented lance for example.  There should be, for instance, a Capellan Union that pulls four mech bays for two vehicle bays and the balance in cargo, but I don't think there is.  I'm also puzzled that Tomori Trans Industrial is making Vengeances with 40 bays for a nation that uses 36 fighter wings and not a version with fewer bays and more cargo.  You don't need bays for spare aircraft, you move them out of cargo into the bays left empty by lost aircraft. 

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2022, 19:12:00 »
What units or systems are you suprised was never made ?

Vehicle bays in sizes other than 50 and 100 tons (like 10/25/75 tons).
The standard and heavy APCs must have been the most numerous AFVs of the SLDF,  given the number of mech. infantry regiments.

'Mech und ASF bays in various sizes.
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2022, 04:20:52 »
Super Heavy vehicle bays do exist. 200 tons . I put one in for a Buffalo hover transport or a Tunbo VTOL for my salvage crew .

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2022, 13:26:22 »
Vehicle bays in sizes other than 50 and 100 tons (like 10/25/75 tons).
The standard and heavy APCs must have been the most numerous AFVs of the SLDF,  given the number of mech. infantry regiments.

'Mech und ASF bays in various sizes.
I took a stab at those a while ago: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-designs-rules/another-crack-at-transport-bays/

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2022, 15:11:05 »
For me the unit is a hovertank with hardend armor
Because that isn't possible, sadly.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2022, 04:51:06 »
Primitive ECM Systems. A bit more advanced than multiple tons of Com Equipment but not so advanced that the Beagle can't counter it. The Beagle needed some reason to be created after all.

A lower tech version of the Beagle. If multiple Communications equipment can duplicate a ECM Equipment, shouldn't multiple Sensors duplicate an Active Probe? Only not so advanced that the Beagle wouldn't be needed.

Various add on landing gear options for Aircraft/Fighters like skies and floats. I know there's the Amphibious Chassis Mod but to me that's a more purpose build float plane, like a PBY Catalina than taking a ground plane like a Cessna and putting floats on it. And why can't ASF have this mod to make water landings? :-\

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2022, 17:33:00 »
Recon Cameras and the Improved Sensors Quirk both exist...  ^-^

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2022, 01:27:46 »
True, however, Recon Cameras aren't effected by ECM. They're also only good for spotting when mounted on ground units. They only detect hidden units when used by aerospace units.

Improved Sensors are a more high tech option. You're getting a Light Active Probe for no weight. I'm looking for a lower tech option. Torso Mounted Cockpits do add an additional sensor, so why not just be able to add sensors?

HeavyArmorMecha

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2022, 21:25:11 »
A Rotary Plasma Rifle

Register