Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 222195 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #360 on: 24 October 2011, 08:59:54 »
Nah, I'd rather keep my own faction dead than have them continue to be written poorly and out-of-character, thanks. ;)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #361 on: 24 October 2011, 09:57:05 »
You do not tell us that the WoR story of the Spirits was done poorly and out-of-character, do you?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #362 on: 24 October 2011, 10:47:36 »
Nah, I'd rather keep my own faction dead than have them continue to be written poorly and out-of-character, thanks. ;)

I do not think they were out of character in the WoR.

At what point did they deviate from previous CANON information about them?
(not challenging you, just curious as to what you think was actually off)

To the patient go the spoils

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #363 on: 24 October 2011, 12:18:20 »
You do not tell us that the WoR story of the Spirits was done poorly and out-of-character, do you?

Yes, I do, but I won't be rude and clutter up the Adder thread with it, since they weren't a part of why I have my issues with the situation. We can certainly discuss it in the Spirit thread, though, where it's more appropriate.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #364 on: 24 October 2011, 12:52:28 »
Something I would like to see for the Clans is the Machina Domini technology of WoB.
IMHO it is a fantastic piece of technology.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #365 on: 24 October 2011, 13:22:01 »
Something I would like to see for the Clans is the Machina Domini technology of WoB.
IMHO it is a fantastic piece of technology.

No thanks... that is way off the path of the clan way.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #366 on: 24 October 2011, 13:25:21 »
I would think that the MD idea would be totally opposed to the Clan way of thinking. They believe in breeding superior warriors, not creating them like machines.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #367 on: 24 October 2011, 14:06:55 »
I think the biggest problem would be blending caste lines, just like with LAMs.
It's a MECH piloted by a BATTLESUIT.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #368 on: 24 October 2011, 14:51:44 »
Hmm, I do not see a problem. It is just a PA(L), IMHO, nothing more than an improved version of a neuro suit. The pilot does have a better direct  "human" access to Mech control.
Something similar the Clan already have: see rules for the Ultraheavy Protomechs` Control Systems.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #369 on: 24 October 2011, 16:08:27 »
I would think that the MD idea would be totally opposed to the Clan way of thinking. They believe in breeding superior warriors, not creating them like machines.

That didn't stop the Clans from using Enhanced Imaging or prosthetic limbs. I for one would not mind seeing some Clans begin to explore military cybernetics and maybe even go further than the Word of Blake in some areas.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #370 on: 24 October 2011, 16:13:22 »
There's a difference between EI (which is still very controversial even amongst the hardcore Crusaders) and prosthetics (which are done as necessities; you don't see anyone voluntarily hacking off limbs) and willfully becoming cyborgs. The idea runs counter to the Clans' way of thinking, broadcasting that the warrior isn't good enough on his own.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #371 on: 25 October 2011, 04:47:25 »
There's a difference between EI (which is still very controversial even amongst the hardcore Crusaders) and prosthetics (which are done as necessities; you don't see anyone voluntarily hacking off limbs) and willfully becoming cyborgs. The idea runs counter to the Clans' way of thinking, broadcasting that the warrior isn't good enough on his own.

But a weak human body limits warrior spirit  ;)

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #372 on: 25 October 2011, 10:23:35 »
You are going a dangerous way Gäiten - a way leading to tainted views ...

It was always the believe on technic that corrupts the way of warriors and led to destruction and downfall.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #373 on: 25 October 2011, 11:47:08 »
You may declare a Trial of Refusal  :)

I do not think that technology corrupts the warrior, the warrior must define how technology does help optimizing his/her battle performance.
Without ongoing development of technology, would you want to fight Mech with a club?

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #374 on: 25 October 2011, 13:03:14 »
There is a difference in improving the warriors equipment and creating a substitute.
Or even worse to clear the way for a mob, not trained in and not familiar with the way of the warrior. Because that's what always happens, when you believe you can replace warriors with technic.

I totally agree to improve the connectivity of warrior with his machine. I'm with you in refine our production processes. I support any new weapon development or improvement. But the focus must be the education and training of the new warriors. Don't let the history repeat itself !

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #375 on: 25 October 2011, 13:14:17 »
Technology to improve poor warrior skill is what the Society was about... let's not go down that road please.

We don't need that kind of tech.  We do however need iATM's, Super Heavies, and a Blood Asp II

Kargush

• Sergeant
  • Grenades cost extra
« Reply #376 on: 28 October 2011, 14:52:18 »
I think the biggest problem would be blending caste lines, just like with LAMs.
It's a MECH piloted by a BATTLESUIT.
So, it's a Grey Knight Dreadknight? :P
Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal
Vebor'ad ures aliit
Mhi draar baat'i meg'parjii'se
Kote lo'shebs'ul narit.

4th Donegal Guards
7th Sword of Light
1st Canopian Cuirassiers

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #377 on: 05 November 2011, 07:39:09 »
*grumble* Got reaved (my old account), but now I am back  :)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #378 on: 05 November 2011, 07:53:52 »
Whoa... no reaving of Adders allowed!  There's only like 6 of us on this board.

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #379 on: 05 November 2011, 15:23:21 »
Huh? What happened?
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #380 on: 05 November 2011, 15:51:29 »
Likely a bit of pilotical gambling by the Ravens.  8)

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #381 on: 05 November 2011, 16:13:24 »
My old account has gotten somewhat corrupted.

Was Gäiten, now it Gäiten. Password does not work anymore and the "Forgot my password" option has not worked.

That I call a Reaving   :D

-----------------

Have played with the Superheavy construction rules, though I think they do not have a good cost-benefit ratio, I have designed two variants which could be interesting for garrison forces.

The first is 130t design which can move 3/5, the second is a 200t, which can move 2/3.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #382 on: 05 November 2011, 22:40:25 »

Whoops, we missed one.

Whoever is in charge please stop reaving Gaiten.

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #383 on: 06 November 2011, 04:05:31 »
I see. Well, my Avatar was also purged. Gonna find these responsible and bring them to justice. :)
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #384 on: 06 November 2011, 06:51:42 »
I strongly recommend the "York" solution  }:)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #385 on: 06 November 2011, 07:32:14 »
It wasn't us.  In fact, my sig pic got reaved.  I'd guess that it was a Society Blood Spirit or Viper.  You needed to be more thorough with those lower castemen you captured. :P

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #386 on: 06 November 2011, 08:02:23 »
Indeed our Adder's Adjutant have to learn the difference between Lower Caste workers and Dark Caste thiefs.  :D

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #387 on: 06 November 2011, 09:05:07 »
I haven't seen Fear Factory or Hawkeye Jim for a looong time.

Missing Burrocks... I think we have an answer

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #388 on: 08 November 2011, 21:27:04 »
OK Adders help a brother out
IWM has new mech packs with several clan stars http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=16_44_260

I need 2 more stars for my 5th Assault Trinary (circa 3067).  I was thinking one Jag assault pack (Cauldron-Born, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Warhawk, Dire Wolf) and one Bear assault pack (Mad Dog, Summoner, Kingfisher, Kodiak, Executioner) would be a nice fit if I drop the Kodiak for a Blood Asp.

The star I have already is Executioner, Warhawk, Blood Asp, Timber Wolf, Cauldron-Born.

I see some flexibility here as I can mix up stars and put a 5/8 heavy star on the table if needed.

I know the Adders have access to just about everything produced in the HW, is there any other mech I can sub in for one of these that would make the force more "Adder"?

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #389 on: 09 November 2011, 04:58:11 »
What about a star completely consisting of Summoners? A very mobile battle star.