Author Topic: Non-Celestial C3i mechs.  (Read 11953 times)

willydstyle

• Captain
Non-Celestial C3i mechs.
« on: 29 October 2011, 11:59:23 »
I'm trying to put together a C3i force without using celestials.  So far, I have the following mechs on my "for sure" list:

Phoenix Hawk 7CS
Ostscout 9CS

And the following mechs on my "maybe" list:

Crab CRB-45
Toyama 1B

I'd like to stick more with "comstar" flavor, and less with "WoB" flavor, so the Toyama is iffy. I'd like to see what other options I have, if you guys would be so kind as to help.  I prefer variants of reseen mechs, but that's not a hard restriction at all. 

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Re: Non-Celestial C3i mechs.
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2011, 12:02:42 »
Luckily, I have FM Comstar right behind me.

EXT-5E Exterminator
KTO-21 Kintaro
TSN-1C Tessen

These are all definitely ComStar.

THG-12E Thug
HSR-500-D Hussar

I'm less sure on these two.

VQR-2A Vanquisher.

Definitely WoB, but you can justify as salvage.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2011, 12:31:56 »
Thanks for the reply. The Tessen looks cool, but is archived.  The rest look like poo. If I didn't care about aesthetics it would make BT a lot easier to play :D

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2011, 12:40:46 »
Thanks for the reply. The Tessen looks cool, but is archived.  The rest look like poo. If I didn't care about aesthetics it would make BT a lot easier to play :D

I like the way the Exterminator looks, sleek and all.  But it isn't exactly the best armed heavy out there.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2011, 12:52:00 »
I'm not a big fan of the "potato with gun ports" aesthetic that like 80% of BT mechs use.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2011, 13:01:47 »
I'm not a big fan of the "potato with gun ports" aesthetic that like 80% of BT mechs use.

Part of the aesthetic of Battletech is that the robots are clunky and inelegant, as opposed to the sleek, smooth, sexiness of, say, the Gundam series.  Admittedly, I'm a fan of both.  But then, I'm a fan of potatoes in general.   :D

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2011, 13:03:28 »
Part of the aesthetic of Battletech is that the robots are clunky and inelegant, as opposed to the sleek, smooth, sexiness of, say, the Gundam series.  Admittedly, I'm a fan of both.  But then, I'm a fan of potatoes in general.   :D

I'm more a fan of the "angular, functional military hardware look."

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 29 October 2011, 13:04:16 »
I'm trying to put together a C3i force without using celestials.  So far, I have the following mechs on my "for sure" list:

I'd like to stick more with "comstar" flavor, and less with "WoB" flavor, so the Toyama is iffy. I'd like to see what other options I have, if you guys would be so kind as to help.  I prefer variants of reseen mechs, but that's not a hard restriction at all.

Perhaps you could check this thread:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,6320.msg141945.html#msg141945

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 29 October 2011, 13:05:28 »
Thanks a lot!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 29 October 2011, 13:06:31 »
You've gotten me curious now.  From an aesthetics standpoint, what's your favorite Mech?

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2011, 13:16:36 »
I'm a big fan of the reseen Thunderbolt, Highlander IIC, Jenner IIC, Mad Dog, reseen MAD, Wolverine II, for some examples.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2011, 14:00:28 »
You have good taste.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 29 October 2011, 14:57:44 »
You have good taste.

Indeed.  All very nice looking Mechs.  In fact, the Highlander IIC is one of the two Mechs that immediately jump into my mind when I'm thinking "military looking Mechs."*

*The other one is the Cyclops, so my taste may be questionable.

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 29 October 2011, 15:37:15 »
Thanks to Martian, I think I'm going to round out the force with a CRB-45 and a MAD-9W. Anyone have any ideas on good parts to use for a 9W mod, based on the artwork in 3085 for the 9W2?

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 29 October 2011, 16:08:23 »
Admittedly, I'm a fan of both.  But then, I'm a fan of potatoes in general.   :D

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew....

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #15 on: 29 October 2011, 16:56:20 »
I'm trying to put together a C3i force without using celestials.  ...
<snip>

This may help:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Improved_C3_Equipped_BattleMechs

Check each and see which configs suit your needs. I used this to build my WOB level IIs - eg. the Excalibur D1 probably won't suit your aims, but worked just fine for me.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #16 on: 29 October 2011, 16:57:17 »
Thanks to Martian, I think I'm going to round out the force with a CRB-45 and a MAD-9W. Anyone have any ideas on good parts to use for a 9W mod, based on the artwork in 3085 for the 9W2?

Honestly?  I'd just take a standard MAD-5L and file down the guns a bit, since that's what it looks like they did in the artwork.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 29 October 2011, 17:18:12 »
This may help:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Improved_C3_Equipped_BattleMechs

Check each and see which configs suit your needs. I used this to build my WOB level IIs - eg. the Excalibur D1 probably won't suit your aims, but worked just fine for me.

W.

The list is not accurate because there are two dozens of 'Mechs missing from that list:
Battle Cobra
Celestials
Crockett
Eidolon
Firestarter
Gladiator
Griffin
Grim Reaper
Gurkha
Helios
Hermes I
Initiate
Legacy
Lightray
Lineholder
Locust
Marauder
Marauder II
Shootist
Spartan
Toyama
Valkyrie
Viking
Wolverine

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 29 October 2011, 17:20:01 »
Many thanks! Mind if I use that list to update Sarna - never done that sort of thing before, but why not?

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #19 on: 31 October 2011, 07:22:24 »
The list is not accurate because there are two dozens of 'Mechs missing from that list:
Battle Cobra
Celestials
Crockett
Eidolon
Firestarter
Gladiator
Griffin
Grim Reaper
Gurkha
Helios
Hermes I
Initiate
Legacy
Lightray
Lineholder
Locust
Marauder
Marauder II
Shootist
Spartan
Toyama
Valkyrie
Viking
Wolverine

That's a great point. I didn't update the list itself, but did put a note on the category page that says "Any Inner Sphere OmniMech can mount an Improved C3 System." Thanks!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #20 on: 31 October 2011, 09:43:40 »
I lost a lot of my mech files to a hard-drive failure, but I have managed to replace the files from 3058, 3060 and partially from 3075 (no Age of War designs).
So, scanning trough what I have managed to replace gives the following non-celestial C3i mechs:

Code: [Select]
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OA          40 1113 RS3058Uu CW
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OB          40  895 RS3058Uu CW
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OC          40  726 RS3058Uu CW
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OD          40 1221 RS3058Uu Jihad
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OE          40  840 RS3058Uu Jihad
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OF          40 1300 RS3058Uu Jihad
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OPrime      40  944 RS3058Uu CW
Initiate INI-04                 40  901 RS3060u  Jihad
Mongoose II MON-266             40 1085 RS3075u  CW
Buccaneer BCN-5W                55 1393 RS3060u  Jihad
Buccaneer BCN-6W                55 1121 RS3060u  Jihad
Lineholder KW2-LHW              55 1484 RS3058Uu CW
Helios HEL-6X                   60 1761 RS3060u  Jihad
Avatar AV1-OE                   70 1563 RS3058Uu CW
Excalibur EXC-D1                70 1949 RS3058Uu CW
Shootist ST-8C                  70 1528 RS3058Uu CW
Shootist ST-9C                  70 1727 RS3058Uu CW
Dragon Fire DGR-6FC             75 1858 RS3058Uu CW
Toyama TYM-1B                   75 1788 RS3060u  Jihad
Toyama TYM-1C                   75 1727 RS3060u  Jihad
Spartan SPT-N3                  80 1631 RS3058Uu CW
Emperor EMP-6M                  90 2090 RS3058Uu Jihad
Viking VKG-3W                   90 1778 RS3060u  Jihad

Remember that is a partial list and is missing 3050, 3055, 3067, 3075AoW and 3085 mechs.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Kojak

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #21 on: 31 October 2011, 13:32:37 »
Just download (or open, if you already have it) the latest version of MegaMek, and do an Advanced Search for all unit types with a C3i computer. That'll give you the full list.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 31 October 2011, 14:06:45 »

Phoenix Hawk 7CS
Ostscout 9CS

And the following mechs on my "maybe" list:

Crab CRB-45
Toyama 1B

So, you're trying to be more Comstar than Word, which is cool, you're buildng C3i...does this need to be a pure 'Mech L2, and what do you want it to do?
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 31 October 2011, 16:52:50 »
In terms of organization, it's actually going to be a lance, as it's a Rassalhaguian force using Comstar equipment. Basically the idea is that after Comstar left, the Rassalhaguians didn't feel any particular need to stop producing mechs such as the OTT-10CS, so they formed a dedicated C3i lance.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #24 on: 31 October 2011, 17:15:05 »
Well, I'd say the Viking variant with the C3i is the perfect companion for that.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #25 on: 31 October 2011, 17:17:15 »
In terms of organization, it's actually going to be a lance, as it's a Rassalhaguian force using Comstar equipment. Basically the idea is that after Comstar left, the Rassalhaguians didn't feel any particular need to stop producing mechs such as the OTT-10CS, so they formed a dedicated C3i lance.

I award thee an internet.  Go, Rasalhague!  Don't give up the awesome!

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 31 October 2011, 17:27:16 »

Hmmm.....That actually wastes you a few tons overall, but I like the fluff concept.

What do you want the lance to do?  736 Highlander, Thug, 30-Crab, 6CD Griffin, 266 Mongoose II are all solid choices. 
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 31 October 2011, 22:49:03 »
Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper doesn't seem to have a C3i version - according to RS 3055 Upgrade Unabridged, you've got the -PR29 with no C3, and the -PR30 and -PR31 both with C3 Slaves. What version does MegaMek say has C3i, thanks?

W.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 01 November 2011, 00:04:49 »
Grim Reaper doesn't seem to have a C3i version - according to RS 3055 Upgrade Unabridged, you've got the -PR29 with no C3, and the -PR30 and -PR31 both with C3 Slaves. What version does MegaMek say has C3i, thanks?

W.

None, I am sorry. When I wrote this, I was in a hurry and mistaken Targeting Computer for C3i computer. By the way, I have wondered why ComStar produces 'Mech with C3 slave, when they actually don't field C3 networks. Probably they could buy some C3Master equipped 'Mechs from Draconis Combine, but even then...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #29 on: 01 November 2011, 00:20:39 »
No worries. I updated the Wiki to include all the other non-Omnis in the C3i category; wondering whether to include the Omnis with a canon C3 variant (eg. Avatar OE).

W.

Register