Author Topic: Sell me a Diamond Shark Star  (Read 3088 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Sell me a Diamond Shark Star
« on: 10 February 2011, 06:15:26 »
Ok I need your little help if possible.
I've got a Marauder IIC2 and  Hermes?.
I want to add 3 more mates,what do you suggest?

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Sell me a Diamond Shark Star
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2011, 08:19:23 »
A Hermes?  Old Star League Hermes that the Hermes II is based on?  That Hermes?

A Solitaire to give the Hermes a running mate.  A Shadow Hawk IIC 4 would be a solid "big brother" to them.  After that... hmm.  Maybe a Phoenix Hawk IIC 4 with its ATMs to provide a close-in sledgehammer, or maybe a Mad Cat Mk II for an additional heavyweight titan.  That SLDF light is kind of throwing me off for ideas, honestly.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2011, 20:39:48 »
The Soliatire is awesome, definately worth going with. There's also the Pirahna but it's not as good. The Locust IIC is pretty handy.

Some long range weapons for support would be helpful, the Mad Cat II works but there are also mechs like the Warhammer IIC 4, Rifleman IIC, Rifleman IIC 4, Glass Spider, etc. Personally I'd pick any two of those.

With their trading connections the Sharks can (and do) get hold of just about anything, so you have a fairly free hand in what you use. There are very few Clan mechs that you can't justify being in a Shark Star.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2011, 21:02:17 »
I'll third the Solataire. With the Mad IIC as a base line, I would look at perhaps a Guillotine IIC and perhaps a Ha Otoko or a Mad Dog
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2011, 08:47:54 »
The Ha Otoko 3 is a great Diamond Shark mech. I'll back that choice.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2011, 16:34:22 »
For secondline mechs, the Solitaire is definately worth taking.  Also remember, however, that the Sharks also have the Pack Hunter from their trades with the Exiled Wolves so that is another good "mobile mech".

The Sharks do enjoy their Shadow Hawk IIC's and Glass Spiders, so I would also go with those ones.
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy