Author Topic: Stone Lion sub-affiliation?  (Read 1939 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Stone Lion sub-affiliation?
« on: 30 April 2012, 17:05:23 »
Is there a Stone Lion sub-affiliation in WoR or WoR:S? I can't seem to find it. If there is not what sub-affiliation would be best to represent them?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Stone Lion sub-affiliation?
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2012, 17:13:47 »
I don't recall seeing one, but I haven't read the Supplemental that deeply yet.  You might try the Horses for a starting point since that's the faction they're descended from.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2012, 17:21:50 »
If I had to make a quick, easy call, I'd say just use the Hell's Horses, replacing the Horses specific traits with Stone Lions. After all, they're probably getting their training techniques from what they know/remember. I'd also replace the "Hate Ghost Bears" with "Hate Invading Clans."

If I wanted to use the Home Clan Template, which grants the "Hate Invading Clans" at -100, you could use the Star Adder sub-affiliation (again, replacing everything Adder Specific with Stone Lions). Justify it as the close ties between the Clans influencing them.

As for Stone Lion affiliations...aren't the War of Reaving books the last of the Homeworld Clans we're expecting to see for a long long time? That might be why we haven't seen RPG rules for them.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 17:31:50 »
Thanks for the quick responses. I haven't found anything in WoR:S either. Is sub-affiliation optional? If so then simply not using a sub-affiliation could be an easy route. Otherwise I think I'll try the CHH or CSA sub-affiliation as Maelwys recommended.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2012, 17:59:29 »
"Technically" sub-affiliations are optional.

Of course, as soon as the rulebook says that, it immediately goes into about how you'd be an idiot not to take them, because the Affiliation cost is dependent on the sub-affiliations, and you'd just be wasting points (in some cases, alot, the Home Worlds affiliation costs 50 points, but without the sub affiliations you gain -150 in traits) if you didn't take them.

So technically, but..yeah. You should probably go with one :)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2012, 18:19:55 »
Ah, I just read that part... picking a sub-affiliation really is a very good idea.

While some minor tweaking of either the CHH or CSA sub-affiliations (or CCC for that matter after the 512th Cobra Guards become a CSL unit) seems to yield some very serviceable results I'd welcome any advice as to what an actual CSL sub-affiliation should have in it.

again, thanks for all the help.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2012, 19:15:20 »
Its pretty tough, there isn't alot of data. I'd probably start with the invading Clans Affiliation and their hate of the IS and Invading Clans.

Attributes are hard because the mixing of the Blood legacies means any trends are blurred. I'd probably swap "Survival/Desert" for "Survival/Mountains" simply because their new Cleansing Path ritual takes place in the Mountains (well, mountain valleys. You might want to look up more info on Tokasha). I'd add in something like "Hatred of the Society" and maybe points towards the "Thick skin" trait, due to the Cleansing Path as well (Pain resistance or Fit might be applicable here as well).

Skills are pretty generic as well. Protocol, Remembrance, Small Arms perhaps.