Author Topic: Where can I find the most info on Niops Association?  (Read 2188 times)

hpackrat

• Sergeant
I'm looking for info on its government, its culture & its economy. I'm looking for more in-depth info.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 04:25:50 by hpackrat »

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
Re: Where can I find the most info on Niops Association?
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2012, 10:30:56 »
You'll find a very short summary of the Association in Field Manual : Periphery, but that may be as outdated as that is short. Npt aware there has been something else published recently...
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2012, 10:49:00 »
There is a NIOPS thread here in the periphery section. If you start reading that it will give you all sorts of references. Ask questions there, they can point you in the right direction.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

monty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2012, 12:02:17 »
Not a huge amount out there on Niops. They were mentioned in both versions of the Periphery book FASA1629 & 1692, Field Manual Periphery & Field Report Periphery (AFAIK the most recent  reference) Field Manual Mercenaries Update in the section on the Black Heart Roses & in TRO3075 in the section on the Nighthawk PA(L). Let me know which ones you've read & I'll post some info from the others.

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum.
Let him who desires peace prepare for war. (Vegetius)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2012, 14:39:30 »
The one recent mention I have seen of them in fiction (DA when the FWL is being rebuilt) says they are pretty honest & straight forward.  They came up to the Rim Commonality, showed them a briefing document they had acquired showing the Rim was going to invade and simply asked if it was true.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

97jedi

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2012, 19:24:12 »
They are mentioned in FM3085.

hpackrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2012, 20:22:45 »
Thanks guys

Register