Author Topic: BattleForce/Qucik-Strike--Rear-Mounted Weapons?  (Read 2618 times)

Crimson_Langur_1970

• Sergeant
BattleForce/Qucik-Strike--Rear-Mounted Weapons?
« on: 13 July 2012, 09:39:57 »
Is there any provision made for 'Mechs mounting rear-firing weapons?  It might be cool if  'Mechs possessing a certain damage capacity worth of rear-mounted weapons (say, 2 Medium Lasers worth) negated the rear-arc targeting bonus.

If something like this already exists and I've missed it, please enlighten me. 

Thanks! 

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: BattleForce/Qucik-Strike--Rear-Mounted Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2012, 09:47:54 »
Nope, rear firing weapons on 'mechs/tanks is completely ignored in BF/QS right now.
I think the major problem with including them is heat.  The ability would rarely be used, but if available, would have to be included in heat calculations.  That would really penalize most 'mechs carrying rear-firing weapons.  Perhaps as an ability like FLK or IF, where you can't make a normal attack if using rear-facing weapons that turn. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Crimson_Langur_1970

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2012, 12:59:57 »
That's why my suggestion would just be to abstract them--just say that a unit (in Quick-Strike) that has rear-mounted weapons in significant numbers (say, 15+ damage) negates a foe's bonus for shooting it in its rear arc. This way, they get credit for what rear-mounted weapons are really supposed to do--dissuade attacks from the rear. 

Anyway, just spit-balling here.

Thanks!

COM-2D

« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2012, 07:42:40 »
I brought up the subject of rear mounted weapons on the old board... more or less the same idea that nckestrel posted. It's been so long, though, that I don't recall the response (if any). I say talk to the people you game with and see about making it a house rule.