Author Topic: MechCommander Upgrade Project  (Read 4330 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
MechCommander Upgrade Project
« on: 26 January 2011, 04:06:24 »
I would like to inaugurate this board by re-posting a modding effort for one of our own beloved games, MechCommander 2, hosted on the Hard Light Productions forum.  This is more effective (and less annoying) than linking or reposting every news article on said forum, so without further ado -

* Scotty smashes champaign on side of forum.

I give you, the HLP MechCommander.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
Re: MechCommander Upgrade Project
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 08:50:18 »
Because I'm so lazy and don't want to start lurking another forum, how far have they gotten?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 12:12:54 »
It's... a pretty hefty project.  They're currently working on introducing new canon units to the game, reworking the AI, and upgrading the code to allow for better graphics in the form of LODs, enhanced textures, redone models, and all that jazz.

I don't know exactly how far, but there's this awesome screenshot of a Fafnir that I fell in love with immediately.

Picture is of a Fafnir on the left, and a Lupus (which I've never seen before) on the right.

There's more than just those two, obviously, but that's a better picture.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 19:54:37 »
Wow, a Lupus?  That's awfully obscure.  How big are they planning to make this upgrade, I wonder.

Register