Author Topic: Fist Full of C-Bills - OOC Thread - Recruitment Closed  (Read 33177 times)

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
Re: Fist Full of C-Bills - Recruitment thread (OOC)
« Reply #60 on: 03 January 2013, 06:49:12 »
Everyone loves a FrankenMech
The artist formerly known as Big_Ken

"Ha. I was a charming man... Now I am an erudite and dangerous box!"

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #61 on: 03 January 2013, 10:49:16 »
Mutt - For reference

Name:  Johannes Sergio Rabagliati
Call Sign: Mutt
Unit Assignment:   "Infantry Squad"
Vehicle/Mech:    N/A
DOB:    16-03-2997
Nationality:    Fed Sun
Home Planet:    Fallon II
Ethnic Background:    Caucasian of mixed decent
Height:     6’ 6”, 198cm
Weight:    192 lbs (16 stone),
Hair:    Brown, close cropped
Eyes:    Grey / green
Major Identifying Marks:    Close cropped beard, salt and pepper coloured.
Player:    Malich

Background:  

Mutt's nickname is a tribute to his heritage. His family claim strong ties to original settlers from England, Italy, Spain and Africa who settled on Fallon early in the great Diaspora from Terra. In all honesty little remains of this variation other than his parents choice of name.

Mutt was born on his family ranch North East of Matilda City to parents whom he would never really know, both were killed in a plane crash before Mutt's second birthday. He was raised by his paternal grandfather and grandmother, his only surviving relatives. His early life was fairly carefree. He attended the local schools by day and in the evening was taught to ride, to drive and, eventually, the family Rifleman class BattleMech.

At the end of his schooling he joined the militia where he learned the basics of BattleMech combat from other MechWarriors, some of whom had actually served in the AFFS or as mercenaries. While this was not as intense as the training he might have received at a formal academy he was able to stand his own against the occasional units which transited through Fallon II or against the occasional small raiding party his lance was chosen to counter.

Aged 24, his grandmother died of natural causes and at 30 his grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer brought on through a combination of exposure to chemicals both through combat and on the ranch.

Aged 32, Mutt was involved in countering a company scale raid that was significantly better equipped than it had been expected to be. The raid was repelled but the Militia was destroyed as a fighting force requiring a larger, AFFS unit to be posted to the world to defend against the raids. The same month his grandfather succumbed to the cancer leaving Mutt with a stack of cash in the bank, a 300 year old diary and a promise to find out if the diary really did lead to hidden riches.

Mutt currently is head of a small band of infantry made up of several of his former ranch hands and friends who wanted to leave the planet for something better. The unit has a few diesel 4x4 vehicles and a single wheeled tractor / trailer unit both taken from the Ranch and (mostly) fully fucntional.

Latro

• Sergeant
  • I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work.
« Reply #62 on: 03 January 2013, 10:54:02 »
"Oh. Well that's  disappointing."

My favorite line. I love that neither Mutt nor Grandfather are terribly sad or surprised the Rifleman is scrapped. All of the old time Rifleman jockeys must have that same sense of inevitability...

(edit - spelling)
time is meaningless, and yet it is all that exists...

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #63 on: 03 January 2013, 11:18:15 »
300 years isn't bad for the papier mache death trap. But no. It had been the main reason the family was still just gentleman farmers rather than major players on Fallon. The 'Mech cost much of the annual income from the farm to keep running. :)

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 03 January 2013, 11:28:28 »
I can only hope Liam shows as much emotion when his Jagermech goes Kaboom.  I'm hoping to get something up soon.

Btw, Liam is 32 as of 1-1-3033.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #65 on: 03 January 2013, 11:37:35 »
Amended - I'm going to blame early morning maths fails :)

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #66 on: 03 January 2013, 12:17:05 »
Addendum to the earlier background file

(Riffing from Malich's layout)

Name:Jocasta "Cass" Colburn 
Call Sign: Joker
Unit Assignment:  
Vehicle/Mech: PXH-1K Phoenix Hawk
DOB: 03-31-2987
Nationality: Federated Suns
Home Planet:  Benet III
Ethnic Background: Caucasian of Greek and Scandinavian roots
Height: 6’ 0”, 183cm
Weight:  145 lbs (66kg, 10 stone and 5)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Light Green
Major Identifying Marks: Small burn scars on her right leg
Player: Stormcrow

Background:

Born on New Ivaarsen, Cass knew the hardships of growing up on the border of the Draconis Combine. For scores and scores of years, members of her family have given blood and lives for the Federated Suns. It was a difficult legacy to live up to and she was not always up to the task.

Given her family’s history, it was not difficult for her to gain admittance into the Robinson Battle Academy (RBA). Graduating in 3009, she was in the top 3% academically, excelling in languages (Japanese and Spanish) and information analysis. However, she was in the bottom 15% in her Mechwarrior training courses and was forced to spend two years in additional training with the RBA Training Battalion finally making it into the top 25%. Despite her academics, she missed out on an assignment in of the front-line and was sent to backwater March Militia on Bryceland.

Her career was neither failure nor success. She served as a lance and company command in the Third Battalion of the Bryceland DMM (BMM) before moving to Planetary Militia Liaison Officer on Pascagoula and Fallon II. After five years as a Liaison Officer she returned to the BMM with Major’s pips on her colr and was assigned to the BMM’s General Staff as Assistant to the Staff Intelligence officer. Six years later, with the Fourth Succession War drawing she put in her retirement papers after twenty-one years of loyal, yet relatively uneventful service. Her combat record would show that she had seven ‘Mech kills and more than twice that many assist spread out over a dozen separate small actions, but she had seen no action in the last eight years of her career.

Retiring, with her husband of fifteen year, Ruben Vaccaro, to the planet of Fallon II that she had come to like as it so unlike her homeworld of Benet III. Prior to her divorce, she and her husband spent much of their time in their seaside cottage. However, mere months after arriving on Fallon II, her husband closed out their joint accounts and attempted to flee the planet with his new young lover, a barista at a local coffee shop, and nearly 300,000 C-bills of her money. Local authorities were unable to recover the bulk of her stolen fortune as he had already moved it off-planet and out of the Federated Suns. While she had over 100,000 C-Bills in her private accounts, she was forced to sell her retirement home at a loss or risk foreclosure.

With her Phoenix Hawk stored at the main militia base, she decided to offer her services as an analyst to both the planetary militia and the Forty-Second Avalon Hussars. She also joined the Ready Reserve of the militia so that she could get access to her ‘Mech and keep her skills sharp should the Dracs ever decided to return. She’s been living off her nest egg which was even further diminished by legal fees as a result of her divorce and trying to regain her stolen monies, of which less than 20,000 C-Bills was recovered.

When she is able she gets as much simulator time as she can get through her connections with the 42nd. Otherwise, she has been getting four hours of real seat time a month with the militia.

Cass is fluent in both Japanese and Spanish, having spent most of her life speaking the former. She is a better than average shot with a pistol and can hit the broadside of a barn with a rifle.

Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #67 on: 03 January 2013, 13:52:01 »
y'all got room fur another?

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #68 on: 03 January 2013, 14:15:21 »
Aye, always room for one more :)

I assume you're keeping up with what's going on and the current limits?

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #69 on: 03 January 2013, 15:03:26 »
For reference, in a few days / a week i'll start running unit interviews at a rented office in the Port Matilda warehouse district.

LAtro and I are going to try to co-write the first one so you have an idea of how they go, then you guys can start writing yours. I'll try to post contact details once i have a suitable account up and running so those of you who want can try to IM with me if you want to RP them.

MAl

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 03 January 2013, 15:12:08 »
disgraced FWL mid-aged politician with 2 kids and a VALKYRIE, just a few steps ahead of forgery charges and the local law?

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #71 on: 03 January 2013, 15:16:02 »
Wow, talk about a few personal issues :)

Welcome aboard. Valks not a bad fit for the lance. The kids coming along?

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: 03 January 2013, 16:25:55 »
Name: Stephan Rojas 
Call Sign: RED
Unit Assignment:   
Vehicle/Mech: VLK-QA VALKYRIE
DOB: 06-22-2994
Nationality: FWL
Home Planet:  Scarborough
Ethnic Background: Caucasian of Spanish and Scandinavian heritage
Height: 5' 10" (176 cm)
Weight:  201 lbs (91kg)
Eyes: bright blue
Major Identifying Marks: graying temples, broadaxe tattoo on left forearm
Player: Grognard

Background:
Born of a family of career diplomats and politicians, Rojas always knew where his future led.  Born on Scarborough in 2994, he lived a comfortable early life and started his militia BattleMech training at age 16.  In 3012, Rojas obtained his first 'Mech kill of a raider's LOCUST with his militia VALKYRIE, just a few weeks before leaving for Graduate School on Andurien.  Rojas proved to be an excellent student and was leading his class when tragedy and treachery struck in 3015.  A political rival had arranged for his father to be framed for bribery and racketeering.  Distraught, the elder Rojas took his own life, leaving Stephan alone to navigate the dangerous waters of FWL politics and business.  Stephan Rojas took to the political realm like a shark to chum.  Within 5 years, many of Rojas' enemies had been driven from the political arena.  However, despite his best efforts, the smear on the Rojas name has never been fully erased.  In 3020, Rojas found both happiness & an enemy for life, when he married a granddaughter of Catherine Humphreys, Duchess of Andurien; against the Duchess' wishes.  Happiness was short-lived, when in 3025, a raid by Capellan "renegades" destroyed the Rojas family business and killed his wife.
Following the bombing of the CCAF hospital in 3028 and the civil strife thereafter,  Rojas' political enemies implicated him in a criminal, nay terrorist, conspiracy which broke all trust the public had with the family.  In early 3030, Rojas made his move to leave the troubles of Scarborough and the FWL forever.  Sadly, his exodus from the FWL has cost him all of his retainers, their military hardware, and the majority of his fortune.  Rojas most precious possessions are his two children and his pristine VALKYRIE BattleMech.

Latro

• Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 03 January 2013, 16:36:22 »
THE Gunner Reslo

Name: Gunner Reslo 
Call Sign: Rez. The Rez, or ah his Rezness, or uh Rezzer or uh El Rezerino if you're not into that whole brevity thing."
Vehicle/Mech: Ostroc OSR-2C (mod)

DOB: 2996-ish
Nationality: Drunkard (that makes him a citizen of human space)
Home Planet:  born in interplanetary transit - his parents couldn't recall where.
Ethnic Background: Caucasian-ish
Height: 5’ 8”, 172.72cm
Weight:  175 lbs (79.4kg, 10 stone and 5)
Hair: Dark Brown going gray
Eyes: Brown
Major Identifying Marks: None he'll show willingly...
Player: Latro

Backgrownd: See above (more to follow as I make it up. I'm not yet ready to paint myself into a corner..
« Last Edit: 04 January 2013, 18:11:32 by Latro »

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #74 on: 03 January 2013, 16:37:46 »
@Grognard - Welcome Aboard
@ Latro - I'm just gonna call him Hoot. you know that right? ;)

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #75 on: 03 January 2013, 16:41:09 »
Ah, this is all starting to feel like home.

I can smell the crazy from here :)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #76 on: 03 January 2013, 17:13:28 »
Name: R. "Digger" Drager
DOB: 2990
Nationality: FedSuns
Home Planet:  Fallon II
Ethnic Background: Anglo
Height: 6'1"
Weight:  Moderate - wide, not fat
Hair: Black going grey
Eyes: Blue
Major Identifying Marks: Typical "outback tan" - face, neck, arms all heavily tanned & weathered, torso & legs pale.
Player: Worktroll

Will not willingly disclose what the "R." stands for. Knows "R. Drager" is a legal signature, even where "full name" is called for.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

zeitgeist

• Private
  • The devil to pay and no pitch hot.
« Reply #77 on: 03 January 2013, 17:14:33 »
Should probably come up with a physical description at some point, eh?

Name:  Kal Sultzaberger
Call Sign: Yokel
Unit Assignment:
Vehicle/Mech:   GRF-1N Griffin
DOB:    03-04-3006
Nationality:    Fed Sun
Home Planet:    Fallon II
Height:     6’ 2”,  188 cm
Weight:    212 lbs, 96 kg
Hair:    Black
Eyes:    Brown
Major Identifying Marks:    Tattoo of the 42nd Avalon Hussars crest, right forearm
Player:    Zeitgeist
« Last Edit: 03 January 2013, 20:03:44 by zeitgeist »

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #78 on: 04 January 2013, 04:14:21 »
Updated TOE attached

We now have almost 2 full 'Mech lances, Might be time to think about the pecking order in there :)

Digger is in a unit by himself currently as the Dig Team. He might get some local labour under his supervision later if he wants it, or maybe some of the DS techs if Capt Steele is feeling generous (and the unit wants to limit the number of shares given out)

Mal

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 04 January 2013, 04:42:34 »
Name: Jameson N'Koma
Call Sign: Jingo
Unit Assignment:   
Vehicle/Mech: Marten VTOL
DOB: 01-21-3000
Nationality: FS
Ethnic Background: African with very minor European background
Height: 6' 4" (193 cm)
Weight:  209 lbs (95kg)
Eyes: Brown
Major Identifying Marks: Greek letter Λ branded onto his right shoulder
Player: Sharpnel

Background: Forthcoming

Name: Tomasina "Tommy" Marzano
Call Sign: TomTom
Unit Assignment:   
Vehicle/Mech: Marten VTOL (Co-Pilot/Mechanic)
DOB: 04-16-2097
Nationality: FS
Ethnic Background: Caucasion
Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)
Weight:  117 lbs (53kg)
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Light Green
Major Identifying Marks: None, other a surgical scar to repair left knee
Player: Sharpnel

Background: Forthcoming
« Last Edit: 19 January 2013, 05:09:46 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Latro

• Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 04 January 2013, 09:59:07 »
We now have almost 2 full 'Mech lances, Might be time to think about the pecking order in there :)

Pecking order... hmmm.

Reslo is definitely NOT leadership material. Early in his academic career he got very low scores in 'Plays well with others'. While he recognizes that there's a reason for all this 'discipline' horse dung, he's never ascribed to its virtues.

Seems to me with Jocasta's military experience that she would be best choice for mech leader.

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #81 on: 04 January 2013, 10:44:54 »
True, but i am also a fan of ability over rank. :)

But at this point i'd almost accept a volunteer until evidence proves otherwise. though they say you should never give power to someone who asks for it ;)

zeitgeist

• Private
  • The devil to pay and no pitch hot.
« Reply #82 on: 04 January 2013, 12:11:47 »
Given that Kal's leadership experience consists of yelling at younger relatives who don't pull their share of farm work, I nominate someone else. Plus, there's the whole never fired a shot in anger thing.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2013, 12:13:28 by zeitgeist »

Latro

• Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 04 January 2013, 14:28:05 »
though they say you should never give power to someone who asks for it ;)

Aha - in that case Reslo volunteers...

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #84 on: 04 January 2013, 14:28:59 »
Then you're obviously the man for the job ;)

We'll see who else volunteers. if not i'll pick a name out of a hat :)

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 04 January 2013, 15:07:50 »
The dropship is supposed to be a Union right?  You have way too many crew listed for one, even if it were reconfigured.  Standard union has 14 crew (6 of which have to be able to man the guns and 3 of which are officers) and has escape pod capacity for 42 people (which also covers 12 mechwarriors,2 ASF pilots, and 14 techs/passengers in the transport bays).  You should probably also have a ship's surgeon even if any assistants are just people who took a CPR course.
===
Anyways I'm just finishing up my profile for my character now.

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #86 on: 04 January 2013, 15:59:52 »
As of TRO3057 - Union Obsolete Version

3 officers
5 Enlisted
6 gunners
28 bay personnel

Currently the Stainless Chrome is running with a full capacity crew of bay personnel partially to make her capable of charging more for providing tech support for units in transit and when on planet... also helps defer maintenance costs by having more folks to repair stuff rather than replace them.

Of those 28 bay personnel some of them will be personnel for the dropship (load crew, bay maintenance personnel) I'll admit i'd forgotten that bay personnel include the warriors so i'll amend that. but be aware, some of you will not be sleeping in quarters, there's going to be a lot more people on the Stainless than she is designed to support. It might be a little.... ripe.

As for the medical personnel. I have chosen for the Stainless to have no medical staff for additional techs. Some of the tech staff are paramedic qualified but no full medic.

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #87 on: 04 January 2013, 16:19:34 »
Revised

There are 6 tech slots, 1 already taken and 14 "pilot" bunks. one pilot bunk is taken by Mutt, the rest of the infantry will be living "al fresco" in the hold.  There maybe two of the bunks taken by the two female members of the infantry but that's only if there is space spare.

Mal

Malich

• Master Sergeant
  • <<Update Pending>>
« Reply #88 on: 04 January 2013, 16:20:01 »
ermmm.... attached now

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 04 January 2013, 16:21:36 »
I should note, as far as I am aware, it doesn't say anywhere that the 6 gunners ONLY operate the guns.  I always  just do it as there's a gunnery chief and the rest of the gunnery staff pulls double duty as a maintenance tech outside of combat.  Similarly, astechs do all the grunt work in the bay as well as handle security. I see you took that into account

I figured we'd be running heavy upon seeing infantry and vehicle staff, but having just the ship personnel at the life support capacity is pushing it; as for the smell, everybody knows a Union smells like the ass end of the dirty sock pile on a good day, so I don't think anyone will notice a few extra people on board.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2013, 16:31:06 by BirdofPrey »

Register