Author Topic: Where are the Tanite Worlds?  (Read 15804 times)

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
Where are the Tanite Worlds?
« on: 07 March 2011, 05:19:27 »
I can't find them on my PDF maps nor do thye seem to be the warriors of kerensky map despite being mentioned elsewhere in the book.

EDIT - and also is there any information about them in the various books?
« Last Edit: 07 March 2011, 05:20:58 by Akalabeth »

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
Re: Where are the Tanite Worlds?
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2011, 05:39:36 »
I’m going on memory here, without looking it up for confirmation, but I believe they were mentioned in Field Manual: Crusader Clan, Warden Clan, and there was a specific write-up in Interstellar Players 2. I don’t believe it’s ever been shown on a map, but they have been given a good stellar cartographic description. If memory serves, they are 50 light years from the Pentagon, and 30 light years from the Exodus Road (Invasion Route), or Kerensky’s Exodus Route. I can’t remember right now.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2011, 05:55:32 »
Now that I think on, there might have been some more info in one of the Jihad books, either in a background picture, or talking about the Wolverines trip back toward the Inner Sphere.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2011, 06:19:42 »
If you're considering the Clan homeworlds to be "north", then the three Tanite worlds are about two jumps "southeast" of the Pentagon cluster.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2011, 11:23:44 »
If memory serves, they are 50 light years from the Pentagon, and 30 light years from the Exodus Road (Invasion Route), or Kerensky’s Exodus Route. I can’t remember right now.

Close. It's 50ly from the Pentagon and 5ly off Kerensky's route.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2011, 11:26:51 »
Since they are mentioned as being a Star League colony, it would be interesting to get more information as to how and when they were settled.

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2011, 13:11:12 »
Since they are mentioned as being a Star League colony, it would be interesting to get more information as to how and when they were settled.

Having looked it up since, there is a fair bit of info about them in Interstellar Players 2.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2011, 13:12:12 »
Close. It's 50ly from the Pentagon and 5ly off Kerensky's route.

Ah, thanks. Being so close, it's a bit of a wonder it took them so long to find them.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2011, 13:19:40 »
Ah, thanks. Being so close, it's a bit of a wonder it took them so long to find them.

Who says it did. There is way too much fun mystery and speculation going on, around and about the Tanite worlds. That being said ,I guess officially it did take them a while to find them.It's just weird that they weren't found durring the Exodus,but space is,well,a big place.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2011, 13:26:59 »
Who says it did. There is way too much fun mystery and speculation going on, around and about the Tanite worlds. That being said ,I guess officially it did take them a while to find them.It's just weird that they weren't found durring the Exodus,but space is,well,a big place.

So are these tanite worlds owned exclusively by Cloud Cobra? And if so, why have no other clans laid a claim to those worlds? I get the impression one other clan is involved in the tanite worlds but I can't recall.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2011, 13:34:00 »
So are these tanite worlds owned exclusively by Cloud Cobra? And if so, why have no other clans laid a claim to those worlds? I get the impression one other clan is involved in the tanite worlds but I can't recall.
Good question.  Originally, the Cobras had a deal with the Burrocks, then the Adders after the Absorption, to help garrison the Tanite Worlds. 

Why has no other Clan trialed for them? Don't know.  I don't think anyone does.  We were never given a reason as to why, though.

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2011, 13:58:08 »
Thanks for the help guys

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2011, 14:54:02 »

The canon said that they weren’t discovered until well after the Kerensky Cluster was settled. Also, had they discovered them before they settled the Pentagon Worlds, the Tanite worlds would have either been a better place to settle, having a population, infrastructure, and it was an area unknown to the Star League Defence Force, so presumably no one in the Inner Sphere knew. Alternatively, if they were spooked by it, they would have probably continued further than 50 light years to find a safe place away from the Inner Sphere.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2011, 15:24:58 »
Good question.  Originally, the Cobras had a deal with the Burrocks, then the Adders after the Absorption, to help garrison the Tanite Worlds. 

Why has no other Clan trialed for them? Don't know.  I don't think anyone does.  We were never given a reason as to why, though.

The fluff for one of the protos in the 75' talks about the fighting on the tanite worlds. Can't remember off hand which proto ( Delphene? ),I'm at work on my phone.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #14 on: 07 March 2011, 16:42:19 »

Well, there is a rumor that parts of the Ice Hellion's Theta galaxy vanished on a 'trade mission' to Tanis.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2011, 16:53:22 »
Well, there is a rumor that parts of the Ice Hellion's Theta galaxy vanished on a 'trade mission' to Tanis.

Silly Hellions, Tanis is for Burrocks.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2011, 17:44:12 »
Actually I thing that's part of the same fluff. Either that or they were destroyed while still in space.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2011, 18:06:10 »

I think main reason is that the Cobras and Burrocks/Star Adders guard the worlds pretty jealously. Everyone that tries to trial for them gets their butts kicked. Combine that with the Tanites' relative distance from the rest of Clan space and the fact that they're a fairly unknown quantity makes going after them a pretty dubious proposition unless you've got troops to spare and an ax to grind.

The fluff for one of the protos in the 75' talks about the fighting on the tanite worlds. Can't remember off hand which proto ( Delphene? ),I'm at work on my phone.
There have been indications that some of the Tanite natives aren't too happy with the Clan occupation.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2011, 19:40:53 »
There have been indications that some of the Tanite natives aren't too happy with the Clan occupation.

Even after... a number that I don't know... of years?

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2011, 20:20:46 »
Even after... a number that I don't know... of years?
250 years, give or take?

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2011, 20:31:54 »
250 years, give or take?

That's a bloody long time to remain outside the Clan social inclusiveness.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2011, 21:14:23 »
Perhaps the Tanite Worlds are actually the home of the Dark Caste and the Cobras don't want anyone to know that. The Adders found out and wanted in on it.......

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2011, 21:44:03 »
Perhaps the Tanite Worlds are actually the home of the Dark Caste and the Cobras don't want anyone to know that. The Adders found out and wanted in on it.......

Shhhh!
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 08 March 2011, 02:55:21 »
I wonder why all think that the Adders are involved or even fueled the Dark Caste.

There is no source before the Absorption of the Burrocks that the Adders are tainted. There might be a cabal inside the Burrocks - but is there any evidence that the Cobras were involved ?

We all do not know what is planned with the Tanite Worlds or the Dark Caste or whatever.

Maybe the Cobras are aware of the Society and building an own force against them on the Tanites ?  :D

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #24 on: 08 March 2011, 03:45:57 »
I wonder why all think that the Adders are involved or even fueled the Dark Caste.

Blood Spirit propaganda  ;)

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2011, 04:13:49 »

There is no source before the Absorption of the Burrocks that the Adders are tainted. There might be a cabal inside the Burrocks - but is there any evidence that the Cobras were involved ?

We all do not know what is planned with the Tanite Worlds or the Dark Caste or whatever.

Maybe the Cobras are aware of the Society and building an own force against them on the Tanites ?  :D

There is no proof that Clan Star Adder has any involvement with the Dark Caste. However, Clan Burrock associated with the Dark Caste for well over a hundred years. They were absorbed en mass, in a quick and often bloodless fashion. Most of the injuries incurred were the result of Blood Spirit interference. It is not unreasonable to expect that there are elements of Clan Burrock with connections to the Dark Caste that have so far gone unnoticed by the clan command.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2011, 04:25:46 »
You all know that the so-called "Dark Caste" is not some sort of unified group, but instead a catch-all term for anyone that manages to live outside of Clan society, right?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 08 March 2011, 04:52:30 »
And all sources i knew states that primarily the Burrock leadership was involved in the dealings and there is no evidence that the clan at all is infected. In contrast the sources tells us that the normal Burrock warrior was shocked by the uncovered dealings of their leadership. Thats one of the reasons the Absorption goes so smooth.
I'm aware that there must be some Burrocks involved, because the Khans alone cannot perform any dealings alone. But the mass seems to be loyal to the way of the clans.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #28 on: 08 March 2011, 07:55:36 »
My theory about the Burrock/Dark Caste involement, is that the Khans worked basically thru one garrison cluster, who's commander was appointed because he was in the know.  When the hammer fell, one of the Khan's aides sent the Star Colonel a message, so he could gather his faithful and run.

The rest of the Clan didn't have to know, just the one cluster and a few merchants.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #29 on: 08 March 2011, 08:34:11 »
You all know that the so-called "Dark Caste" is not some sort of unified group, but instead a catch-all term for anyone that manages to live outside of Clan society, right?
That is merely what they want the Clans to think. MWAHAHAHA!   :D