Author Topic: A Matter of Honor  (Read 4225 times)

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
  • This is what a RAC really looks like when fired!
A Matter of Honor
« on: 08 May 2013, 10:28:47 »
I am starting a Clan v Clan campaign for my local group. Below is the initial write up for the campaign.

July 3061
Planet Ghent

Ghent is currently under the control of Clan Snow Raven, who acquired the planet after Clan Smoke Jaguars demise. The combination of temperate climate and abundance of open water as well as deltas, marshes and river ways make Ghent ideal for Clan Snow Ravens aquatic R&D and manufacturing facilities. Being located along one of the Jump Corridors between the Clan Homeworlds and the Inner Spheres make Ghent a valuable refueling and resupply point as well.
   Clan Steel Viper, looking to regain honor after being forced to relinquish their Inner sphere holdings to Clan Jade Falcon, have declared a Trail of Possession for the planet Ghent.

This campaign will focus on the battles between a single Clan Snow Raven Binary (yet to me named by the players) of the 5th Raven Garrison Cluster and Clan Steel Viper Psi Galaxy 85th Fang.  As soon as the players have finished building their Binary, it will be posted here. I will also be creating an IC thread for them so everyone can enjoy their thoughts and RP.

Enjoy.
"Tonnage means nothing when it is plummeting down from the sky."

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
Re: A Matter of Honor
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2013, 10:45:13 »
I r jelly; CSR is pretty much my favorite Clan.

Ferreter

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2013, 15:52:30 »
CSR are awesome.  }:)
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
~Napoleon Bonaparte

No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
~Theodore Roosevelt

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2013, 18:07:25 »
Ferreter, what's the name of the Binary?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2013, 20:48:00 »
"A Matter of Hodor"

That's what I honestly thought the title was when I clicked on it and couldn't wait to see what was inside.   So disappointing to learn I just need my eyesight checked.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2013, 12:42:31 »
LOL, I've been trying to get people to join my trinary and you got people lining up for your Binary :) Too bad this is a local campaign

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2013, 13:29:53 »
LOL, I've been trying to get people to join my trinary and you got people lining up for your Binary :) Too bad this is a local campaign

I noticed.  8)

I am keeping it local for now due to scheduling issues. As the campaign goes on, and should my players be comfortable with it, I may open it up further.  ^-^

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2013, 17:42:20 »
Mission 1:  “Who goes there?”
WP Cost: 100
Map/Terrain:  low hills, shallow depressions with marsh, scattered woods, some water, rain
Objectives: 
1)   Prevent the Steel  Vipers from scouting the area
a)   Hold the field – Engage for 15 turns then offer Hegira.
b)   Fight with Honor – Fight under Zellbrigen for at least 15 turns.
c)   Create Isorla – Disable/Destroy 50% or more of the enemy units

PCs' role:  Defenders, deploy on West side of map
Payment:  1a) 50 1b) 25 1c) 50 to 100 (equals percent disabled/destroyed)
Special: Salvage
Batchall: Clan Steel Viper has bid 1 Trinary to take the field in 5 minutes (15 turns) for the right to scout the area unmolested. Clan Snow Raven has bid 1 Binary to hold the field for 5 minutes (15 turns) for right to salvage the field. Bargained well and done. 

Ferreter

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2013, 01:44:37 »
Awesome. When, and where do you want to run this boss?
~Napoleon Bonaparte

~Theodore Roosevelt

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2013, 01:56:03 »
"A Matter of Hodor"

That's what I honestly thought the title was when I clicked on it and couldn't wait to see what was inside.   So disappointing to learn I just need my eyesight checked.

In the name of Hodor! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTrzUuWlHI

sorry for the thread derail.  I wasn't aware Clan Snow Raven possessed ground forces.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2013, 08:38:36 »
Awesome. When, and where do you want to run this boss?

6 PM tonight. Since you guys are using G-Chat, wherever you want to. If we don't gather at my place I will send you the server address. Just let me know what the plan is.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 10:02:32 by Shadw »

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2013, 10:40:36 »
In the name of Hodor! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTrzUuWlHI

sorry for the thread derail.  I wasn't aware Clan Snow Raven possessed ground forces.

No worries. Clan Snow Raven does possess ground forces, mostly second line units.

Nice link btw, I so miss Brit Coms....

Ferreter

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2013, 04:17:36 »
Note on the Epona Prime Issues, I tried to run a quick test game with one to see what was up. 35.38 wouldn't even let me select the unit, message just pops up saying that it is an illegal design and rejects it. The 35.33 version would let me load it and run it in a test game just fine however, but we kept having DC issues last time we ran that.  #P
~Napoleon Bonaparte

~Theodore Roosevelt

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 02 June 2013, 09:29:15 »
Note on the Epona Prime Issues, I tried to run a quick test game with one to see what was up. 35.38 wouldn't even let me select the unit, message just pops up saying that it is an illegal design and rejects it. The 35.33 version would let me load it and run it in a test game just fine however, but we kept having DC issues last time we ran that.  #P

Go in your options and under "Allowed Units and Equipment" turn on "allow invalid designs". Though I'm not sure why it is claiming to be illegal in 0.35.38 it appears to be fixed in the SVN build, although I don't see any obvious reason for it to be marked as illegal since they appear identical, including both having 96 points of armor which is the most common issue.

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2013, 10:45:23 »
So last Friday the Snow ravens faced the Steel Vipers. I will post more about the battle later, but a little bit of a background on how the Snow Ravens were put together.

There are 5 players currently, and they elected to run a Mixed Binary. I generated a RAT of mixed units for them to purchase their initial units from. As they are a Garrison Cluster they were only allowed to purchase the Omni configurations that were in the RAT. This was to represent that although the Cluster had managed to get a few Omni's they were not able to fully support them. In addition the RAT contained a few out of date (Star League era) units as well. Each player also built their pilots using a generic point system (borrowed from Aok and modified to the Clan - thanks Aok).

So with this in mind here is the Snow Ravens Alpha (mixed) Binary:
Alpha Star
Pilot AWOL                            Adder A
Warrior Navin "Wraith" Thukral      Black Knight 7 KNT
Warrior Marisela "Coolhead"  Besse   Timber Wolf Prime
Warrior Mahmud al Fais                 Summoner D
Star Captain Aleksander Magnus      Mad Dog A

Beta Star
Star Commander Killian Jakeman      Nova Prime
Warrior Hei An                            Epona Prime
Pikot AWOL                            Istar HF (Guass)
Warrior Maddelena Ademola      Mars Assault (HAG)
Warrior Dasadyu Maitreya      Mars Assault (HAG)
Raven Drac McKenna         Scytha B

The AWOL pilots are for a player who was unable to make the game and so his Pilots are not there yet. The Beta Star is incomplete (missing 2 tanks and an Aerospace Fighter) by players choice. The configuration of the Beta Star may change as the Players garner salvage from the mission.

More to come....

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2013, 11:51:11 »
Why so many Bloodnames/surnames, out of curiosity?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2013, 13:59:11 »
Why not?

Especially if the campaign feels like a mutually-arranged trial.  The 'tryouts' for representation in each clans' forces would theoretically be won more often than not by the bloodnamed.

If it's composed of 'snapshot' forces, taken as they're manned, it could be units that by their nature or reputations have an over-representation of the bloodnamed.  And a worthy match for such a unit would be another one, of course.

Shadw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2013, 14:23:17 »
Why so many Bloodnames/surnames, out of curiosity?

Infamiliarization with Clan naming convention on my part. I gave the ok for the Pilots named McKenna and Magnus as I recognized those names as Snow raven bloodnames. I also gave the of for the Star Commander to have a bloodname. I did not realize clans did not use surnames until recently, although I believe 1 or 2 of the pilots have freeborn backgrounds.

Why not?

Especially if the campaign feels like a mutually-arranged trial.  The 'tryouts' for representation in each clans' forces would theoretically be won more often than not by the bloodnamed.

If it's composed of 'snapshot' forces, taken as they're manned, it could be units that by their nature or reputations have an over-representation of the bloodnamed.  And a worthy match for such a unit would be another one, of course.

I do like this explanation for my guffaw though. We will run with that.  O0

Fatebringer

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2013, 15:31:23 »
The why not should be because it's a Garrison Cluster.  Most Bloodnamed warriors are command or in more prestigious units, but Herb's Standard Answer of "Whatever works for your game," is very applicable. ;)

No worries. Clan Snow Raven does possess ground forces, mostly second line units.

Before the Reaving, Clan Snow Raven is a good mix of Front and Second Line Galaxies, we had an inordinate amount of Omnis in our small touman after the trade to the Blood Spirits where we got Warships for 2nd Line troops. Plus, the Raven's preferred unit is the Triad (1 ASF Star, 1 Mech Star, 1 BA Star), which required the Mechs to be able to carry the BA, which usually indicates an Omni when you see a Triad.

Post Jihad, all of the Raven Clusters are listed as FL, because in essence the Alliance serves as second line. In our post Jihad MUL, we have 10 non-omni's on the list compared to 19 omnis, so, ....  the mix of Omnis is just as prevalent as before, for the same reason.

Fatebringer

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2013, 15:33:32 »
I do like this explanation for my guffaw though. We will run with that.  O0

Another option would be to just put some (parenthesis) around the people who haven't earned the bloodname yet if you want to remember what Bloodhouse they are from. ;)