Author Topic: TRO 3145--Federated Suns  (Read 187884 times)

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
Re: TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2013, 14:20:15 »
Aww, he doesn't drop any other hints? Well, I can say that it's another one by Anthony "Shimmering Sword" Scroggins. :)
WOOT! {>{>

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 28 May 2013, 15:44:32 »
Well, if one wants a newish Centurion... How about a canon one with a Shield and Axe? Since I remember acquiring a couple of those minis...

Also, it seems to me that we are only missing one of the designs in the Four Horsemen pack. Or perhaps we'll get the Neanderthal statted...

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 28 May 2013, 20:27:08 »
Well, if one wants a newish Centurion... How about a canon one with a Shield and Axe? Since I remember acquiring a couple of those minis...

Also, it seems to me that we are only missing one of the designs in the Four Horsemen pack. Or perhaps we'll get the Neanderthal statted...

Pretty keen on the Neanderthal. That thing always interested me - since it got a starring role in the final scenes of Wolf Hunters

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #63 on: 28 May 2013, 21:58:54 »
The Neanderthal and Violator both appeared on the FWL RAT in ER3145, specifically the "Regulan" sub-table. I'm suspecting they'll both be in TRO: Marik.

Regulans gonna Regulate
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #64 on: 28 May 2013, 22:14:53 »

Wouldn't that be Danai Centrella-Liao's Centurion?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 28 May 2013, 22:22:39 »
Pretty sure there was one in Dragoon colors.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 28 May 2013, 22:59:03 »
Regulans gonna Regulate

Slow clap...  ;)

Looking forward to the Marik TRO. It might shed some interesting light on some of the battles of the Lyrans/Wolves versus FWL. While the books gave us the broad picture, it'll be interesting to see more of the nitty gritty.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #67 on: 28 May 2013, 23:08:27 »
I can't wait for this one to come out. With Mercs, DCMS and AFFS can play in the Drac Reach.  >:D

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #68 on: 29 May 2013, 00:41:47 »
CatalystGameLab @catalystgamelab  4m 
Cover sketch in for Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns PDF...mmm...Davion Heavy Guards...I see a lot of happy fans in the future... rnb

The only fans that will be happy in the 3145 timeframe are Liao, Kurita & Ghost Bear. Everyone else gets a right royal kicking.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 29 May 2013, 02:10:24 »
The only fans that will be happy in the 3145 timeframe are Liao, Kurita & Ghost Bear. Everyone else gets a right royal kicking.

Wolves are not doin too shabby either
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 29 May 2013, 02:18:37 »

No doubt the kickings will even out soon enough.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 29 May 2013, 04:33:08 »

Wrong! I'm a Davion fan and I like the setting. O0 I think it's got tons of potential. Heroics don't really happen if what you're doing is picking on the weak link, heroics happen when your backs to the wall and you have to do or die. The FedSuns'll be fine. Bruised, battered, but fine.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #72 on: 29 May 2013, 04:38:37 »
I'll be picking this up to see what lovely salvage the DCMS gets...  O0

Don't forget the Wolf Dragoons Battalion that is equipped entirely with Davion Salvage...
from them and the Ryoken essentially roflstomping the Draconis March.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 29 May 2013, 05:50:02 »

Please, don't speak for me.

I'm a fan of the FWL and the DC and I definitely like the current plot! I enjoy that factions became "more mortal" and vulnerable.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #74 on: 29 May 2013, 12:24:00 »
One 'Mech confirmed to be included is an OmniMech version of the Garm (lovingly referred to by its pilots as the Garmni). Curiously the LRM 10 is mounted as fixed equipment. All of the configurations will be based around newly available LB-X and Ultra versions of the light autocannons.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."  ;D

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 29 May 2013, 14:04:38 »
Please, don't speak for me.

I'm a fan of the FWL and the DC and I definitely like the current plot! I enjoy that factions became "more mortal" and vulnerable.

Since you are a fan of Kurita, you're not really disproving his point though..
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 29 May 2013, 15:21:58 »
Well, DC is 2nd favorite faction and House Marik 1st.

But even with the Combine one could argue if that faction is on the rise or short before another major downfall.

kaliyama

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 29 May 2013, 15:25:30 »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 19:35:12 by kaliyama »

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 29 May 2013, 15:39:44 »
I don't know why Davion players are only happy if they stand head-and-shoulders above the other factions

I don't recall ever saying that's why I play Davion forces. I've got no problems being roughly even with the other factions (I don't want a five way mirror match), and I don't have a problem with taking a few hits now and then. All I really want out of the writers that I'm not getting is a 200 hundred ton 'mech that replaces the engine and heatsinks with autocannons.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: 29 May 2013, 16:41:14 »
What i'm hoping for is that the Davion reversals in the current setting will mean that all of the major powers end up in a rough parity.  That makes everything more exciting, especially if we then enter into another 4th war-style scenario with the sides evenly matched.  It would make for great strategic games. 

I don't know why Davion players are only happy if they stand head-and-shoulders above the other factions - if they are playing because they enjoy being the heroes, it is hard to be heroic if you are curbstomping everyone else because you out-tech and out-number your opposition.  Conversely, it must be frustrating to be prevented from finishing off your enemies for no plausible in-universe reason when you have such a strong advantage.

Though that's why the Davion playerbase's hatred of Katrina II always amuses me - she undoubtedly would have done in the Capellan Confederation if left to her own devices.  It appears Caleb would have done the same if he wasn't sold out on Palmyra.

One, I hope that we continue to have different sized and different powered factions. If everybodies the same, that's really boring and unrealistic.

Two, I'm a Davion fan and that second part is totally garbage, as I've stated earier on in this very thread I'm quite happy with the universe as it stands right now. I don't get why people seem to hate Davion and aren't happy unless they're insulting them. BTW, there's also a marked difference between insulting a fictional faction (not real) and insulting the fans of a faction (real, live people). What you're doing is the second.

Three, Kathrine might have tried, she would not have suceeded. The CC of the time was very much like a badger retreated into it's den and rabid. You can stick your hand down there to try and get it but you'll only lose fingers. The badger will still be in it's den.

- Shane
« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 16:48:10 by Acolyte »
My teeth acquire stains

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #80 on: 29 May 2013, 16:46:22 »
Maybe it's because I'm a fan of House Davion and the Federated Suns in general and this is *my* point. I like the Federated Suns and House Davion to do well, again and again. Like my favourite football team, or national football team - I want them to win. Repeatedly. Now lets say... my favourite football club are playing Barcelona FC - I'd expect my team to lose, Barcelona are one of the top teams in the world. Also my national football team - I'd expect them to win against teams that are comparable - if they played Germany, or Spain, I'd expect them to lose and would not be shocked if they did.

So *my* point is that I'm a Davion fan, I want to see them do well - again and again. If I saw them lose ground in the BT universe, I'd sure as hell hope that it was for a good reason, or against a comparable enemy force or as a stroke of genius by the enemy. Not repeatedly said with the words "TEH DAVION LUZE" repeatedly, again and again, for no reason more than TPTB have a major joy fest at kicking Davion (and to an extent Steiner and Marik too). If House Davion was on the losing side because of valid reasons, I'd be ok(ish) but since the Clan War in 3050 (or nearly 20 years real time) - Davion have been taking it in the shorts - which has me annoyed because a lot of it is just TPTB wanting it to happen that way.

House Davion and the DA timeline have seen the Federated Suns in the worst crisis it has ever faced. Ever. Two enemies almost at the door of New Avalon, who just cant be stopped. The collapse and occupation of the two primary border marches, the First Prince outwith the FedSun borders with one unit in tow having to cross the CapCon to get home. Add to this EVERY border has a hostile nation on it - Raven Alliance, CapCon, Draconis Combine, Taurians (hell we cant even retake a few crappy worlds from a cross eyed bunch of paranoid nutjobs), not to mention our own worlds succeeding. No one will lift a hand to support House Davion at the moment. Oh and add in the fact that 13 units were wiped out in one fell swoop - probably a huge percentage of the available armed forces gone right there and how did this happen? Stupidly that's how.

If there was a darker day... I don't remember it.

TRO FedSuns will be likely to be full of craptastic units that have swallowed the stupidity of more AC is better. Why mount Heavy PPC's or effective missile launchers when you can have multiple AC2 & AC5 combinations..... Any of the decent units will have fallen into the hands of the CapCon, Combine, Ravens, Taurians or Mercenaries (ie an entire Dragoon Batallion made up of Davion salvage).  As to craptastic... I'd point to the Omni Garm - crap standard mech, probably en even crapier Omni (with a fixed LRM10) and a variety of ACs to choose from - if this is the highpoint of Davion militech - we're on a quick slide at least.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #81 on: 29 May 2013, 16:51:36 »
Then again, there's people like this that give the hater's cause. Thanks for that.

I'm going to call bullshit on your arguments, as a FedSuns fan. TPTB don't have an anti Davion agenda. They quite like all the factions, really, even the ones that got cacked in this latest book. What happened was that the FedSuns had a HUGE victory back in 3030 or so. The last bit was really just trying to get them back to a manageable size again, one where they can be challenged by the other factions reasonably. The latest pushes by the DC and CC are likely just the beginnings of a long, protracted give and take struggle between all three side resulting in all kinds of stompy robot fighting. I see that as a good thing.

As to the TRO, wait and see. Complain after it's out if you still think there's cause but complaining before is kind of silly, not to mention insulting to the design team who are likely reading this thread.

- Shane
« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 17:01:04 by Acolyte »
My teeth acquire stains

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #82 on: 29 May 2013, 17:16:44 »
If there was a darker day... I don't remember it.

They have had them. It just happened in the fluff before 3000. So the fate of the house weren't up in the air.

It'll be ok. :) Julian Davion is a strategic genius... and is getting a ride from Clan Sea Fox. We won't let you lose. You owe us three planets.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: 29 May 2013, 17:23:42 »
long, protracted give and take struggle between all three side resulting in all kinds of stompy robot fighting.

Yep, peace in a wargame setting is pretty boring....

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: 29 May 2013, 17:29:25 »
They have had them. It just happened in the fluff before 3000. So the fate of the house weren't up in the air.

It'll be ok. :) Julian Davion is a strategic genius... and is getting a ride from Clan Sea Fox. We won't let you lose. You owe us three planets.

Say.... how many 'Mechs does three planets buy? If we give you six will you double it? O:-)

- Shane
My teeth acquire stains

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 29 May 2013, 17:41:54 »
As to craptastic... I'd point to the Omni Garm - crap standard mech, probably en even crapier Omni (with a fixed LRM10) and a variety of ACs to choose from - if this is the highpoint of Davion militech - we're on a quick slide at least.

Well, in all fairness, that post was a joke.  From someone who probably has no more information about what the future story or Davion TRO holds than the rest of us ;)

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #86 on: 29 May 2013, 18:06:33 »

I dunno, as a long time ComGuards fan, I 'm looking forward to the upcoming stuff.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #87 on: 29 May 2013, 18:13:08 »
Say.... how many 'Mechs does three planets buy? If we give you six will you double it? O:-)

- Shane

At this point I'm not sure if TRO 3145 Mercenaries are mechs we sell. Or if the faction has become the mercenaries. We make ten of the twenty five designs in mercs. (And sell three other designs for other clans)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #88 on: 29 May 2013, 18:15:47 »
I'm a little disturbed by the possibility that the Falcons are going to be unable to pay the enormous karmic debt they're incurring, but they seem like they're gonna get some cool new toys. Plus, I've wanted to play a scorched-earth pyro-happy Falcon unit for a while and this seems like a perfect time for that.

As for my RAF, I think I'm gonna like what I see when the walls come down. Are they WoB Mark II? Wolverines Mark II? Something completely different? In any event they seem like they'll be pragmatic Grey Hats and they stand as good a chance as anyone of defeating (or better yet, co-opting) Alaric Ward-Steiner-Davion.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #89 on: 29 May 2013, 18:23:52 »
As to craptastic... I'd point to the Omni Garm - crap standard mech, probably en even crapier Omni (with a fixed LRM10) and a variety of ACs to choose from - if this is the highpoint of Davion militech - we're on a quick slide at least.
You should really read the rest of the thread after that comment, you know. You're not exactly helping your case as is.

Register