Author Topic: TRO 3145--Federated Suns  (Read 187165 times)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« Reply #30 on: 27 May 2013, 02:15:44 »
I would be happy with a 50-65 quad mech.
see a preview of the cover art wouldn't hurt too  8)
If there is one it should be named THIS
« Last Edit: 27 May 2013, 02:20:03 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2013, 02:44:25 »
So...

When the Fortress comes down, how much help will the ROTS send the AFFS?

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #32 on: 27 May 2013, 02:55:57 »
Nope, if your firing multiple shots you can't use the TC, just like an Ultra firing two, AES works however

wow, goes to show what I know. I thought you got the -1 no matter what but had to use single shot for aimed shots. The loss of the -1 for multiple shots kills the TDR-9NAIS.

All the same I expect lots of dakka in this TRO
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 27 May 2013, 03:11:20 »
wow, goes to show what I know. I thought you got the -1 no matter what but had to use single shot for aimed shots.

There are two situations in which an otherwise eligible weapon doesn't qualify for the -1 bonus from a targeting computer: LB-X autocannons firing cluster shot, and HAGs engaging airborne targets. (The former has been true for as long as I can remember, the latter is more recent errata.) Rapid-fire weapons do work fine with TCs, they just can't use one to make aimed shots unless in single-shot mode; says so right in their definition.

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 27 May 2013, 03:14:09 »
Remember the bit about the Ontos? Imagine eight RAC-5's or RAC-10's on a tank. Now imagine everytime it fires. Now watch as Bugs Bunny dies. That's what I was thinking of.

I'm imagining it...and I'm seeing a superheavy crawling along at 2/3, tops, unless maybe it also comes with a supercharger. In that case it might be able to "dash" along at 4 MP every now and again at least until a fuse blows. ;)

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #35 on: 27 May 2013, 03:17:29 »
Nope, if your firing multiple shots you can't use the TC, just like an Ultra firing two, AES works however

Citation needed.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #36 on: 27 May 2013, 03:31:48 »
Citation needed.

There is none. SCC is wrong.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #37 on: 27 May 2013, 03:38:48 »
Could the Pendragon be the 'Templar II', thus allowing the jump to the III?

Was thinking along same line

I hate to think it but I think the Templar III may suck as in IS XXL Engine AND Composite levels of horrible
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #38 on: 27 May 2013, 03:42:06 »
The two Templars in the DA Dossiers had Light Engines. That could be it.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 27 May 2013, 06:38:36 »
The two Templars in the DA Dossiers had Light Engines. That could be it.

I was thinking the same thing. Guess we'll find out soon

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2013, 06:46:11 »
Light Engines could be a term for Clan XL's here

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #41 on: 27 May 2013, 08:19:56 »
I'm imagining it...and I'm seeing a superheavy crawling along at 2/3, tops, unless maybe it also comes with a supercharger. In that case it might be able to "dash" along at 4 MP every now and again at least until a fuse blows. ;)

True, but the sheer firepower would scare the heck out of people, especially if deployed in numbers.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: 27 May 2013, 08:39:38 »
True, but the sheer firepower would scare the heck out of people, especially if deployed in numbers.

So send a bunch of Battle Armor at it.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #43 on: 27 May 2013, 11:18:41 »
I don't know about advanced, but having a vestigial hand coming out the ELBOW of a weapon arm doesn't seem terribly advanced to me. At least advanced isn't the word I'd use for that mini.
The hand wasn't vestigial, it was fully functional. The intent was the arm could rotate at the elbow and present either the manipulators or the gun bits. It just ended up looking rather odd in final presentation having the hand out the back.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 27 May 2013, 12:34:27 »
Could the Pendragon be the 'Templar II', thus allowing the jump to the III?

Its possible, Kallon factory that produced the original Templar blewup.  Pendragon very similar, with a variant that could end up having to be a temporary replacement for it as non-Omni version. 

Personally, i hope that Templar IIIs are the Tempars that Julian Davion & Jasek Kelswa-Steiner were using. I like the configurations they were using.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 27 May 2013, 17:08:38 »
Personally, i hope that Templar IIIs are the Tempars that Julian Davion & Jasek Kelswa-Steiner were using. I like the configurations they were using.

For those of us at work, what was the config you are saying they sported?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #46 on: 27 May 2013, 17:42:05 »
Light Engines could be a term for Clan XL's here

Only in the same way that saying a Mech has an SRM-6 can be called 'carrying an LRM rack'. If it said light engine, it likely means 'light engine'. If it had an XL, Clan or not, I would think it would say 'XL engine'. I can't fathom any reason you'd say one thing and put something totally different.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 27 May 2013, 18:14:36 »
Personally I hope the FedSuns doesn't have alot of Clantech. Considering the DC had Clan factories to copy, and captured Clan facilities and they're still mostly producing homegrown MixedTech units (apart from CNC designs), instead of pure DC designed Clantech, I wouldn't expect to see the FedSuns doing pure Clantech designs either.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 28 May 2013, 00:31:47 »
Well, according to ER3145 they do have that brand-new deal with the Foxes.

I imagine the Aimags will be picking up the slack that was lost to the invasions.  And that's a hell of an opportunity for cutting-edge clantech.. even if it's only to uparm existing units with clantech frankenmech upgraded weapons etc.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #49 on: 28 May 2013, 01:28:25 »
There will likely be a lot of clan tech the Davions were litterally in bed with the Raven and now it sounds like they are feeding from Foxes pocket
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #50 on: 28 May 2013, 10:34:45 »
There will likely be a lot of clan tech the Davions were litterally in bed with the Raven and now it sounds like they are feeding from Foxes pocket

Sadly I don't see the Ravens having all that much to give honestly. They left the Homeworlds moderately prepared true but its not like they sent factories ahead of themselves and a large civilian caste structure to run it. There ability to produce new Clan-tech equipment would still be limited after all these years and largely devoted to their own warmachine and whats left may be for sale.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #51 on: 28 May 2013, 12:20:04 »
One 'Mech confirmed to be included is an OmniMech version of the Garm (lovingly referred to by its pilots as the Garmni). Curiously the LRM 10 is mounted as fixed equipment. All of the configurations will be based around newly available LB-X and Ultra versions of the light autocannons.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2013, 13:20:50 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 28 May 2013, 12:59:08 »
Well that news is a bit disappointing. The garm c was the only variant that ever did anything for me. The absolute LAST thing I would like to see in the TRO:FS is a glut of light autocannons. I like Dakka as much as the next guy, but I'd much rather see a Rac-10 then the proliferation of LACs that IMO have little place on the front line.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #53 on: 28 May 2013, 13:10:41 »
That was a joke, guy.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #54 on: 28 May 2013, 13:15:49 »
Hey MarauderD, I've also got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.  ;)
I have spoken.

RyuWanderfalke

• Warrant Officer
  • The fist of vengeance.
« Reply #55 on: 28 May 2013, 13:17:55 »
the son of the suns in me, isn't going to say no to that in the slightest.

I'm not sure what to expect, though. Something to replace the legionnaire would be nice. I'm curious about the hinted at Atlas III (though I never felt like the Fed Suns were prolific atlas users) and Templar III (I really wouldn't mind seeing a Clan XL equipped templar. it would fix so much about that mech.)

The only nation said to be able producing Clan spec XLs were the Lyrans. Hard to imagine the suns would have acquired that capability.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 28 May 2013, 13:24:44 »
I'll happily be the butt of the Garmni jokes so long as we don't get one! I totally fell for that. O_o

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #57 on: 28 May 2013, 14:06:53 »
Oh look, Randall's been on Twitter:
CatalystGameLab @catalystgamelab  4m 
Cover sketch in for Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns PDF...mmm...Davion Heavy Guards...I see a lot of happy fans in the future... rnb

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #58 on: 28 May 2013, 14:12:52 »
Aww, he doesn't drop any other hints? Well, I can say that it's another one by Anthony "Shimmering Sword" Scroggins. :)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 28 May 2013, 14:18:30 »
I'll be picking this up to see what lovely salvage the DCMS gets...  O0

Register