Author Topic: Davion Block II vs Tatsumaki  (Read 2194 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
Davion Block II vs Tatsumaki
« on: 11 March 2011, 19:03:07 »
The Davion Block II vs the Tatsumaki Destroyer. Which is the better ship?

I'm looking for opinions on this one. I'm no expert but their TRO seem pretty close.

The one obvious tilt towards the Tatsumaki that I see is the Battle Armor Contingent it can carry.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Davion Block II vs Tatsumaki
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2011, 19:08:52 »
Offsetting that IIRC, is that its mentioned the Congress?  or is it Whirlwinds?  that the ships become are not accessible to BA through out most the hull . . . so you have BA that can be a boarding party?  Good luck getting to the vitals of the ship.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2011, 19:12:53 »
Offsetting that IIRC, is that its mentioned the Congress?  or is it Whirlwinds?  that the ships become are not accessible to BA through out most the hull . . . so you have BA that can be a boarding party?  Good luck getting to the vitals of the ship.

The Davion Block 1-class destroyers used by the SLDF were refitted to become Whirlwind-class destroyers. Other than some main access paths, their corridors were too small for Elementals in battle armor.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2011, 19:21:28 »
I'd go the Davion II. Has an edge in both armour and capital firepower.

Given their capital A/C bays will be thresholding each other, though, could go either way.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2011, 11:23:07 »
Man that is a tough choice.

I'd probably give it to the Tatsu just for the BA & Shuttles advantage, but in terms of Armor/SI/Firepower the DavII edges it out.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo