Author Topic: Anyone Know where I can get info on the Outworld's Alliance 3025-3048?  (Read 3090 times)

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
Looking into writing a story, but I am not sure where I can find the info on the OA during this time period.

Thanks in advance!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
The Second Ed Periphery sourcebook would be your best guide.

In short: They're poor, their low-tech, the nation is falling apart and few people really care
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
also the 20-Year Update book, though it likely will have less info than 2nd Periphery
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
Thanks!

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Their main 'external' threat was as it ever is in the periphery.. pirate predation.

Politically, they attempted to please both neighboring great houses without offending either one all while remaining too insignificant to warrant undue attention.

IIRC there was a plot in the 3025 era to marry an Avellar daughter into a FedSuns noble house, complicated by the apparent alliance with Davion drawing Kurita retaliation.  Obviously, never panned out.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 10:02:18 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Nerroth

• Captain
There is some information in Handbook: Major Periphery States that might help, though it looks back from the perspective of 3067 and presents that era more as "how the Alliance was at that time" as opposed to "how things are right now before the Snow Ravens take over."

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
IIRC there was a plot in the 3025 era to marry an Avellar daughter into a FedSuns noble house, complicated by the apparent alliance with Davion drawing Kurita retaliation.  Obviously, never panned out.

Interesting....

Any info on the name of the FedSuns Noble house? I ask because I am working on a bit of fiction set around several of the FedSuns minor Noble Houses and such court gossip could easily make for a good scene or two in my story.
Made by HikageMaru

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Interesting....

Any info on the name of the FedSuns Noble house? I ask because I am working on a bit of fiction set around several of the FedSuns minor Noble Houses and such court gossip could easily make for a good scene or two in my story.

I *think* the Sandovals, but I'm starting to be less sure about the canonicity of this entire affair as I haven't been able to find it to look at it again.  It would have been some roleplaying supplement, and there were few enough of those in the 1st edition era.  Still, I 'remember' a large amount about this.. there was pushback domestically as well due to not only apparently abandoning neutrality, but also the whole 'since when are you Avellars a Noble House, anyway' sentiment.  It might have been a plot a GM made up that I mistook for official.  It's still potentially a bang up idea for a fanon project.

EDIT: Ah, I think I found the root of it.  Pg 136 MechWarrior 1st ed.. yeah the affair must have been the product of a particular game-master.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 22:53:17 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Archangel

• Major
That storyline was probably considered redundant after they decided to have Neil Avellar marry Rebecca DeSanders.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Second Ed Periphery sourcebook would be your best guide.

In short: They're poor, their low-tech, the nation is falling apart and few people really care

And they love aerospace fighters!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Register