Author Topic: 400pt. Wolf Empire... Revised to 250pt.  (Read 9269 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Re: 400pt. Wolf Empire... Revised to 250pt.
« Reply #30 on: 25 December 2013, 15:40:43 »
What Steve said. BA is nasty and cheap in AS and the Rabids have HT1  >:D

Also, ASFs are super easy to use in AS. The Vandals are cheap and fast enough to hustle around the radar map while still carrying bombs. This list has 22 activations; at approximately 50 points for a skill 4 IS lance I'd love to take a list like this against 20 IS 'Mechs.

BTW hitting a Wulfen at medium range with skill 4 takes an 11  :o
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #31 on: 25 December 2013, 18:01:59 »
So it appears I'm mathematically illiterate  :-[ I calculated some of my points with the wrong multiplier...

Savage Wolf Prime (skill 3) 39pts.
Warwolf Prime (skill 3) 37pts.
Mad Dog IV A (skill 3) 30pts.
Nova H (skill 3) 25pts.
Cougar Prime (skill 3) 21pts.

5x Wulfen Prime (skill 4) 50pts.

10x Clan Medium Battle Armor "Rabid" (skill 4) 30pts.

2x Vandal Prime (skill 2) 18pts.

Total: 250pts.

Look on the bright side; now I can take the Mad Dog IV A  8)
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 28 December 2013, 00:35:05 »
Takes four points of damage to off either the normal elementals or Rabid's and they are always at least +3, if not +5 to hit at medium range before worrying about getting into terrain. 
I'm a little disturbed at that armor rating.
I can't see how they get FOUR points to be killed.
My math has them at 2 Max.  (50-55 points to kill a point in CBT scale.)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #33 on: 28 December 2013, 01:39:38 »

I think it has to do with the way BA take damage in TW. More troopers seem to change how much damage a squad can take more than the armor of the BA. If you think that's odd checkout the Harpy ProtoMech  ???

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #34 on: 29 December 2013, 18:36:58 »

They have two points of armor and two points of internals, so four damage leaves them with none! :)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #35 on: 30 December 2013, 01:27:10 »
They have two points of armor and two points of internals, so four damage leaves them with none! :)

Yeah, I hear you, that just doesn't translate well if I'm remembering my conversion rules at all.

Elemental = 10 Armor + 1 Internal
Rabid = 9 Armor + 1 Internal

Points = 45/50 Armor + 5 Internal.

Conversion = 30 to 1 (32?)

So at BEST a point of Clan BA should be 2 Armor & 1 Internal........ And I could make an argument that since the Internals are very overrated in that conversion that the total points should actually leave them at 1+1

Point being is that it shouldn't take 4 points to kill them off at all.
  That translates into a point taking 120 Damage to kill.  Not 50-55
So yeah, they seem very much over powered to me.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register