Author Topic: (Answered UPDATED) Sideslipping movement modifier  (Read 2314 times)

Kharim

• Master Sergeant
(Answered UPDATED) Sideslipping movement modifier
« on: 28 December 2013, 03:58:27 »
So there is one thing left about sideslipping that concerns me.
Do the hexes sideslipped count towards total hexes moved in turn? For the purpose of movement modifier? For example let's say my VTOL moved 14 hexes and sideslipped 4, does this result in total of 18 hexed moved- so this VTOL would have a +5 TMM rather than +4?

I already know that sideslipping doesn't cost MP and that skidding to hit modifier doesn't count. Is there a possibility to fail the piloting roll on purpose only to make the VTOL go further thanks to sideslipping?

p.67 covers sideslipping and I can't find appropriate rule there.

One more question, does the elevation change count as hexes moved? For the purpose of TMM?
« Last Edit: 08 May 2021, 16:06:07 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Sideslipping movement modifier
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2014, 15:29:23 »
You cannot deliberately fail a driving skill roll (this will be in the next errata).  You can, however, try to make so many turns that sideslipping becomes inevitable.

That said, the target movement modifier remains simply the number of hexes moved, not including slipping.

Finally, no, an elevation is not a hex moved; it is a modifier to the cost to enter a hex.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2021, 19:13:50 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Kharim

• Master Sergeant
Re: (Answered) Sideslipping movement modifier
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2014, 12:20:44 »
Thanks really much. I didnt mean failing rolls by choice rather I thought of creating such situations when poor pilot will fail the roll almost certainly.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2014, 12:25:50 by Kharim »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Answered) Sideslipping movement modifier
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2021, 16:06:01 »
I've changed this answer: sideslipped hexes affects your TMM just like any other movement.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register