Author Topic: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.  (Read 140047 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.
« Reply #660 on: 24 February 2015, 07:59:08 »
"White Bear" was phenomenal in a dark and twisted way.

i really wish that this show would be extended for more than it got...as i see it it is meant to shake your preconceptions and what one would consider ethical or moral sort of like me i hate preconceptions and so called morals or ethics as people understand them.

i still had not gotten to watching the season 3 episode yet
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #661 on: 24 February 2015, 10:10:47 »
Last I heard they where attempting an American remake.  I really don't like that idea, I think it loses some edge if it isn't British.  Some things aren't transferable between cultures.  IMHO

That or really messed up stuff sits better in an European accent.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #662 on: 24 February 2015, 13:42:27 »
Last I heard they where attempting an American remake.  I really don't like that idea, I think it loses some edge if it isn't British.  Some things aren't transferable between cultures.  IMHO

please do not even say that it will be americanized...it will not be the same at all and far as i am concerned should not be attempted because it will turn to something that comes out of horses behind not in solid but more of brown and loose sort semiliquid state
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #663 on: 24 February 2015, 16:06:07 »

Yes, unfortunately, some company has secured the rights to produce a version that's due to be released in the States next year (2016). I'm cynical that it will even come close to the hitting power of the original series. The networks seem to like to produce watered-down swill for the masses.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #664 on: 24 February 2015, 16:38:09 »
Yes, unfortunately, some company has secured the rights to produce a version that's due to be released in the States next year (2016). I'm cynical that it will even come close to the hitting power of the original series. The networks seem to like to produce watered-down swill for the masses.
and people ask why i refuse to have cable or working tv other than for console or dvd player...

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #665 on: 24 February 2015, 20:12:27 »
From the Wikipedia article on the series:

In January 2015, Endemol Shine North America confirmed that Cris Abrego and Charlie Corwin produced the US version of the series.[29] The release is planned for 2016.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #666 on: 24 February 2015, 21:36:30 »
From the Wikipedia article on the series:

hmmm i wonder if flogging is still outlawed...?
i can see the horror of it now as i see before my eyes the being human version for us audiences my skin just crawls

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #667 on: 24 February 2015, 22:10:03 »
There's always hope. Maybe it will be like Little Britain USA, really good.  USA has my favorite skits,  "Mr. Doggy. "  Hilarious! 

I know it's a long shot but maybe it will be good.  Isn't it going to be on Showtime? Like I said I think it will lose something in translation.

MAD-4A

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #668 on: 25 February 2015, 09:20:07 »
the American Shameless was even better, fit right in to Westside Chicago.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2015, 07:59:58 by MAD-4A »

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #669 on: 25 February 2015, 10:41:06 »
There's always hope. Maybe it will be like Little Britain USA, really good.  USA has my favorite skits,  "Mr. Doggy. "  Hilarious! 

It helps that David Walliams and Matt Lucas were the stars in both.  Great show, though.

I'm holding out for an adaptation of Mitchel and Webb.  Not sure it would survive a localization.  But, whenever we fire up the Sir Digby Chicken Ceaser clips it's a good time.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Jimmyray73

• Lieutenant
  • I will not be toyed with!
« Reply #670 on: 25 February 2015, 23:19:36 »
Had a bit of a Brit-crime movie night Sunday when gaming plans fell through.  Re-watched Snatch and Layer Cake.  I love the way the Brits do crime movies.
Endo has forgotten more about dispensing pain than you or I will ever know...

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #671 on: 26 February 2015, 08:38:29 »
rewatching orphan black series one and two waiting till april is hard for third series especially when series is good

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #672 on: 26 February 2015, 10:28:06 »
Well, been while i posted in a movie thread.

I just watch two good movies.

The Kingsmen - Darn that was a fine film. It was more like the old James Bond Films that were little silly but still took everything in seriously what they were doing.  It well balance, if they do a franchise I hope they maintain the value of the series.  I don't recommend it to novel and newer James Bond people who like ultra serious and gritty Bond.

Jupiter Ascending - Okay, there been alot bad talk about it.  I barely listen to it, but hard ignore them moving it from summer to now.  It's currently dying in the theaters, i watched with my father and brother in matinee. It was a good science fiction movie, there were some liberties taken with it that made it little crazy but its was good and acting was just as good.  I think though it's not for everyone, however amusing note is this movie could lightly be compared to two previous science fiction movies,  Dune with way there royal houses and Flash Gordon (1980s movie), when they went in to rescue the princess onboard the ship on the cruiser, the hero flew in attacking the ship.  All sudden i had Queen playing in my head, wedding, them attack in their fighterMech  and wedding crashing.  That stuff matches completely to the scene. plus those two former Legionnaries are in fact Hawkmen too... The film worth watching, just don't get too caught up with some things going on in it.  It's popcorn have fun movie with scifi to it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #673 on: 26 February 2015, 17:56:00 »
Twice now i have wanted to go to the cimena for 5 dollar tuesdays.  This week i couldn't go cause of weather, same as with last.  PLUS i had to take my car in for an alignment and 2 new tires.  Its almost as if the fates don't want me to go see it at the movies.
I will try again next tuesday (assuming it still is playing!)
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #674 on: 26 February 2015, 20:30:00 »
"How I Live Now" - adapted from a YA novel, it follows the story of an American teen visiting cousins in the UK as tensions are ratcheting up. While there, a terrorist coalition detonates a nuclear device in London, and the country locks down in martial law, and faces a surprisingly robust terrorist opposition. As it's from the perspectives of the teens/kids, a lot of the details you might expect in a movie of this genre (the reason behind the attack, exactly who is responsible, etc) is left out. Not a bad flick, and is streaming on Netflix at the moment.

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #675 on: 26 February 2015, 23:22:52 »
I watched that one a while back. Not a bad movie.  Still the idea that they were cousins was a little disturbing.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #676 on: 27 February 2015, 00:21:36 »
I watched that one a while back. Not a bad movie.  Still the idea that they were cousins was a little disturbing.

I had to go back and check to see what shoes the mother was wearing in case the one Piper found later was hers. While the mom *could* have changed into something different for her trip, I don't think the director would have made it less than obvious if mom was in the plane wreck.

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #677 on: 27 February 2015, 00:35:32 »
I had to go back and check to see what shoes the mother was wearing in case the one Piper found later was hers. While the mom *could* have changed into something different for her trip, I don't think the director would have made it less tuhan obvious if mom was in the plane wreck.

I never caught that, I just figured she never came home. You never knew what happened to her, because the kids never found out.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #678 on: 27 February 2015, 12:27:58 »
I never caught that, I just figured she never came home. You never knew what happened to her, because the kids never found out.

To clarify, the shoes she was wearing in her office were definitely different than the shoe found by the wreckage.

Finally started on Season 2 of "Babylon 5" last night - great season opener. Was there a RL reason Micheal O'Hare was replaced for Season 2, or was it part of the overarching plot? If the latter, please no specifics/spoilers.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #681 on: 27 February 2015, 14:13:59 »
Yeah, it was a darned shame.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #682 on: 27 February 2015, 16:04:45 »
I just watched the Exteded Version of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug last night.  I found myself enjoying it much more than I did when I saw it in the threater for some reason.  I think the extra bits helped, but mostly I guess maybe I was just in the right mood to watch it.  Now I have to rewatch it with the audio comentary, and then the 8-9 hours of extra features.   ::)
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #683 on: 27 February 2015, 20:28:31 »
To clarify, the shoes she was wearing in her office were definitely different than the shoe found by the wreckage.

Finally started on Season 2 of "Babylon 5" last night - great season opener. Was there a RL reason Micheal O'Hare was replaced for Season 2, or was it part of the overarching plot? If the latter, please no specifics/spoilers.
yes he was suffering from schizophrenia and did not want the rest of the cast to know and it was kept secret until after his death
he only came back briefly to do war without end to take back B4 and reason script was amended it was by his request to write him out. it was complied with and they gave him hell of a send off

MAD-4A

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #684 on: 01 March 2015, 17:16:35 »
1941 again (5-6th time) - love that movie - wish there had been the "1942" Dan Aykroyd hinted to at the end (guess JB ODing may have put that down, though his charicter was captured at the end, so it would have been easy to write him out if he was ever in) - just got a gags, the "Jap" Sailors trying to stuff the old radio into the subs hatch & one of them stating that they have to find a way to make them smaller.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #685 on: 01 March 2015, 19:22:27 »
1941 again (5-6th time) - love that movie - wish there had been the "1942" Dan Aykroyd hinted to at the end (guess JB ODing may have put that down, though his charicter was captured at the end, so it would have been easy to write him out if he was ever in) - just got a gags, the "Jap" Sailors trying to stuff the old radio into the subs hatch & one of them stating that they have to find a way to make them smaller.
I love the movie, i won't want it as a sequel.  They not done right anymore.  Dan's not had good track record on doing sequels either. Caddyshack2 and Blue Brothers 2000
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #686 on: 01 March 2015, 21:49:25 »
its not a movie. But re watching some episodes of SeaQuest.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #687 on: 01 March 2015, 21:56:17 »
"Revelations" and "The Geometry of Shadows" - both great Babylon 5 episodes.

Londo, Londo, Londo - I love you (as a character), but you're an idiot.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #688 on: 02 March 2015, 02:16:21 »
Man, only 6 episodes of "Black Mirror" on Netflix. "The Waldo Moment" is a bit of a downer; anything more than that just might stray right into Rule 4.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2015, 15:50:43 by Aokarasu »

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #689 on: 02 March 2015, 03:32:53 »
Man, only 6 episodes of "Black Mirror" on Netflix. "The Waldo Moment" is a bit of a downer; anything more than that just might stray right into Rule 4.
yah that one was abit of a downer...
still the ep where they can bring you back to life from what you did on line was bit sick....