Author Topic: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.  (Read 140181 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: What Movies Are We Watching: The Flickening.
« Reply #1200 on: 16 March 2016, 05:08:31 »
The hardest scene to watch is when his youngest daughter, who hasn't been speaking, pleads with him to not leave: "I'll say anything you want me to, just don't go away again!"

That scene was so very well done.

That was one of the best scenes in the movie. I also liked when Mel Gibson told the story why people buy him drinks. That was great too.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #1201 on: 16 March 2016, 05:44:45 »
I'm partial to when Rene Auberjonois, as the preacher, dons his hat and grabs his rifle. The congregation are shocked, and his response is excellent - (EDIT: Thank you, IMDB!) "A shepherd must tend his flock. And at times... fight off the wolves."
« Last Edit: 16 March 2016, 05:47:14 by Aokarasu »

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #1202 on: 16 March 2016, 08:33:47 »
That movie makes me sad.  Would have preferred a more nuanced approach.  The Revolution was never that black and white.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1203 on: 16 March 2016, 08:39:06 »
That movie makes me sad.  Would have preferred a more nuanced approach.  The Revolution was never that black and white.

I'll agree and endorse this.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1204 on: 18 March 2016, 13:01:31 »
finally got around to finish watching ash vs evil dead and live action gatchaman...took me 3 years to get around to last one...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1205 on: 18 March 2016, 22:20:22 »
I saw Deadpool earlier today and I really liked it !!!!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1206 on: 20 March 2016, 19:12:27 »
Just saw RIPD (Rest In Peace Department) starting Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges.  Having never seen it before, it was pretty funny movie.  Cartoonish, Action Comedy Supernatureal movie, set in Boston, fighting undead.   I'm not sure if people won't like it, but it was entertaining!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1207 on: 21 March 2016, 01:25:39 »
I liked it, which is why i can't understand why it bombed at the box office.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1208 on: 21 March 2016, 06:12:41 »
Because it was to much like Men in Black. I don't really know but I'm in no hurry to see RIPD.

It's not a movie but watching some of House of Cards. Not bad don't like political shows, but at least everyone one is a bad guy in the show.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1209 on: 21 March 2016, 12:21:23 »
I liked it, which is why i can't understand why it bombed at the box office.

Lousy trailers that made it look boring and Ryan Reynolds was in a career slump at the time after Green Lantern.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1210 on: 21 March 2016, 14:48:24 »
Because it was to much like Men in Black. I don't really know but I'm in no hurry to see RIPD.

It's not a movie but watching some of House of Cards. Not bad don't like political shows, but at least everyone one is a bad guy in the show.

I am loving house of cards...  Watched S3 of it last week on DVD, and am looking forward to S4 hitting the library once its done on HBO.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1211 on: 22 March 2016, 16:38:47 »
Just saw RIPD (Rest In Peace Department) starting Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges.  Having never seen it before, it was pretty funny movie.  Cartoonish, Action Comedy Supernatureal movie, set in Boston, fighting undead.   I'm not sure if people won't like it, but it was entertaining!

sadly movie flunked but it was fun to watch...if y get achance see if you can get the comics...they are a lot more in depth and fun read
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #1212 on: 24 March 2016, 05:40:33 »
I've been watching M*A*S*H on Netflix, starting with the 1st season. The more I watch, I am convinced of several things.

First and foremost, that replacing Burns with Winchester was absolutely the right move. Burns was a weasel, and more importantly, never had any hope of being a worthy opponent of Hawkeye and Trapper.

For similar reasons, I like Potter over Blake. Henry was a decent guy, and tried to do the right thing, but was far too much of a pushover. Sherman still brought a heaping dose of common sense and pragmatism, but wasn't easily snowed.

Thirdly, Radar is *far* from the innocent lad some folks think he is. He may not be wise in the ways of women, but he is a slick operator when it comes to Army bureaucracy.

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1213 on: 24 March 2016, 07:09:57 »
I prefer Col. Potter over Henry Blake as well. I think Burns was at least funny at first, but afters Hot Lips got married and such, it almost seemed like Hawkeye & BJ were tormenting a mentally disturbed man. Winchester could give as take, anyway.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #1214 on: 30 March 2016, 18:54:36 »
I'm partial to when Rene Auberjonois, as the preacher, dons his hat and grabs his rifle. The congregation are shocked, and his response is excellent - (EDIT: Thank you, IMDB!) "A shepherd must tend his flock. And at times... fight off the wolves."

Yes, that is also very good.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1215 on: 31 March 2016, 01:15:53 »
Over the past 4 days now, i have been seeing more and more clips on tv, of previews for a new film Midnight Special

Who here is interested in seeing it??

Looks decent to me.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #1216 on: 31 March 2016, 12:26:03 »
It could be a good movie for all I know.  But, the "this is SO mysterious" marketing is offputting.  I guess i'll never know.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1217 on: 01 April 2016, 09:00:51 »
I'll probably rent it when it gets to Redbox, but I'm not paying theater prices to see it.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1218 on: 03 April 2016, 17:38:12 »
So i saw 3 movies on DVD this weekend (so far).

First up was a crime thriller, Secrets in their eyes with Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts and Chiwetelu Umeadi Ejiofor. It was rather..... interesting to say the least. Hard to keep up with the consistent switching between the past and present, and how it ended just left me and my mother, scratching our heads. Going HU"???
From the previews it COULD have been a heck of a lot better. SO i rate it only 3.5-4 out of 10...

Next up was Creed. I actually liked it a lot more than the last one "Balboa".. And i was surprised that, unlike in prior films of that vein, our "Hero" (creed's illegitimate son) didn't win the fight he had..
I also gave the film a little bump up for showing one of my fave EPL footy grounds, Everton's Goodison park! So i rated it a solid 7 of 10..

Last up was the news reporter drama/historical film, Spotlight with a BIG list of good names, and it was damn well, well acted all around. A solid 8 of 10 for me....

For the other 3 i have to watch..  Concussion with Will Smith, Hateful Eight and Jarhead 3... 

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #1219 on: 04 April 2016, 06:06:49 »
Re-watched "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" this weekend. I have no emotional investment with the graphic novel it's based off of. I rather enjoy the movie, especially the depiction of Hyde and Jekyll.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1220 on: 04 April 2016, 16:14:08 »
Well, watched hateful 8 last night, and was imo typical crast and violent fare you come to expect from Tarantino.. 
But Concussion, was VERY good imo.  I was surprised smith DIDn't get even nominated for it..

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1221 on: 05 April 2016, 16:15:55 »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Sure to be a very common answer for the next few days.   O0
I have spoken.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1222 on: 05 April 2016, 22:59:40 »
Eye In The Sky

I know the movie's a touch political for these forums, but I didn't feel like it was trying to convince the viewer of what the correct answer to the situation was.  Also, it has Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman.  I definitely recommend it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1223 on: 06 April 2016, 09:20:07 »
finally started to watch daredevil season 2
on my plate pixels and ted 2 if i get a chance ill watch them tonight

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1224 on: 06 April 2016, 09:29:10 »
Not a movie, but a Netflix original series: The Ranch.  Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, and Elisha Cuthbert.  Nothing groundbreaking but the wife and I laughed hard through 8 episodes so far.  Recommended if you like the first two in That 70's Show.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1225 on: 06 April 2016, 12:45:30 »
Eye In The Sky

I know the movie's a touch political for these forums, but I didn't feel like it was trying to convince the viewer of what the correct answer to the situation was.  Also, it has Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman.  I definitely recommend it.

I am looking forward to that one, criminal (with harrison ford, Gary oldman and Kostner), as well as the redo of jungle book...

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #1226 on: 12 April 2016, 10:20:15 »
Watched Fargo last night.  You betcha.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1227 on: 12 April 2016, 12:18:23 »
Just finished SW: The Force Awakens. I can honestly dislike Kylo Ren and the actor cast to play him.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #1228 on: 13 April 2016, 12:28:56 »
"He Never Died." Perfect role for Henry Rollins; fairly minimalistic film, and doesn't really need to be any more than what it is. For the best experience, go in with as little foreknowledge as possible.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1229 on: 14 April 2016, 00:12:03 »
Just finished SW: The Force Awakens. I can honestly dislike Kylo Ren and the actor cast to play him.

Having not seen much of his other work (only his 2 L&O episodes, one SVU one regular), i can't say one way or another if he is a decent actor..