Author Topic: Intermidiate tech.  (Read 1234 times)

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
Intermidiate tech.
« on: 03 April 2014, 20:14:22 »
As I was doing a bit of work on a campaign I plan on resuming sometime I started wondering about the lack of  bridge between Star League and Clan tech. Now one of the issues with reproducing Clan tech on the IS was the advanced miniaturization and rare exotic materials that went with it. Instead of attempting right off the bat to match the Clan tech in every measure why not a level of yeah it's not as compact but it matches it's performance?

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: Intermidiate tech.
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2014, 04:25:49 »
While they all don't quite match the performance there are intermediaries between SL era tech and Clan tech. There's some prototypes which gave way to clan versions of IS tech as well as improved standard weapons.  They can be found in Operation Klondike and IO Alternative Eras beta.

Col Toda

• Captain
Re: Intermidiate tech.
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2014, 13:49:37 »
The Clan tech has O G manufacturing and higher quality control and tighter  component  tolerances and better computer and IT to make the above not have longer construction cost .  The IS is done by lowest bidder and with an eye for a higher profit margin .  The mindset of the two groups are very different and even those Clanners who think of profit cannot stint on the quality just to keep competitive .

Register