Author Topic: 1st Free Worlds Guards Battalion  (Read 1235 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
1st Free Worlds Guards Battalion
« on: 14 April 2014, 14:50:02 »
Greetings, fellow forumites.  Over the weekend, I acquired for myself a new box set, and all the minis that come with it.  This has gotten me thinking, and I realized that I now have enough minis to field an entire battalion of FWL 'Mechs.  The only question is which exact ones to use.  I've arranged them into lances, though these lances are by no means fixed, and the particular variant of each is similarly subject to change.  I'm significantly better at kitbashing models than I am at painting, so I'm not particularly concerned if the change is mostly minor (reposing, adding a gun barrel, downsizing missile launchers, etc.).  I've got nine lances set up so far, with a few holes in them where I want/need more minis.

Alpha Company

1st Lance
Black Knight BL-9-KNT (with Hatchet)
Awesome AWS-8Q
Awesome AWS-8Q
Grasshopper GHR-5H (6K)

2nd Lance
Grasshopper GHR-5H (6K)
*Cataphract CTF-3L (4X)
Hunchback HBK-4G (6N)
Hunchback HBK-4H (5SG)

3rd Lance
Trebuchet TBT-5N (3C)
Trebuchet TBT-5N (3C)
Whitworth WTH-1
Whitworth WTH-1

Bravo Company

First Lance
Zeus ZEU-6T (5S)
Quickdraw QKD-4H (5K)
Quickdraw QKD-4H (5K)
Hunchback HBK-4G (6S)

Second Lance
Catapult CPLT-A1 (C2)
Catapult CPLT-A1 (C2)
Dervish DV-6M (8D)
Dervish DV-6M (8D)

Third Lance (note: this lance will most likely be almost entirely replaced)
*Jagermech JM6-A (7-D)
*Jagermech JM6-A (7-D)
*Vindicator VND-1R
*Vindicator VND-1R

Charlie Company

First Lance
Assassin ASN-21 (30)
Assassin ASN-21 (30)
Hermes II HER-2S (5SA)
???

Second Lance
Clint CLNT-2-4T (6S)
Clint CLNT-2-4T (6S)
*Commando COM-2D (7B)
*Commando COM-2D (7B)

Third Lance
Cicada CDA-2A (3M)
Cicada CDA-2A (3G)
*Spider SDR-5D (7K)
*Spider SDR-5D (7K)

Please note that I want to make this into a unit that I personally own and can display on a shelf.  Any unit with an asterisk in front of it is one that I'm not entirely sure about having in the unit, but I don't have better options, miniatures wise.

Currently on the wish list: A command lance consisting of an Orion ON1-M, Longbow LGB-12C, Marauder MAD-4X, and Albatross ALB-3U.  A lance consisting of two Apollo and two Blackjack to replace Bravo Three.  Some combination of Locust 5M/5V and Firestarter 9-H to replace both Commandos and add a fourth 'Mech to Charlie One.  A Thunderbolt TDR-9M or 10M to replace the Cataphract in Alpha Two.

Are there any I'm otherwise missing?  What are your first three out and first three in?  Do your suggestions differ from the wishlist?  How?
« Last Edit: 14 April 2014, 15:10:44 by Scotty »
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
Re: 1st Free Worlds Guards Battalion
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2014, 02:13:12 »
I'd be tempted to have a lance made up of 2xGrasshoppers and 2xCatapults

Maybe put a Hunchback in your Alpha company First Lance (HQ lance?)
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: 1st Free Worlds Guards Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2014, 12:44:39 »
One Actual (command lance) is not pictured, and will eventually consist of an Orion, a Longbow, a Maruader, and an Albatross.

The Catapults are probably going to be replaced at some point, most likely with Archers.  I could definitely swap the third Hunchback into Alpha One, though, without having to reorganize three or four different lances.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register