Author Topic: "Maneuvering Ace" Pilot Trait and Aerospace Units  (Read 2888 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
"Maneuvering Ace" Pilot Trait and Aerospace Units
« on: 17 April 2014, 17:13:13 »
Q1: How does the Maneuvering Ace trait affect Aerospace movement?

Q2: Where can these rules be found, for clarification purposes? If it's in an obvious place, the name of the book will suffice and I'll research/post the page number and quote. If not, I would appreciate a page reference.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: "Maneuvering Ace" Pilot Trait and Aerospace Units
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2014, 20:03:48 »
Quote from: A Time of War, pg. 223
MechWarriors and crews with the Maneuvering Ace Ability are especially good at executing quick turns and maneuvering in tight confines. Bipedal ’Mech units and VTOL units at Cruising speed whose pilots possess this ability can perform the lateral shift maneuver normally available only to four-legged ’Mechs (see p. 50, TW), while four-legged ’Mechs can perform the same action for 1 less MP than usual. Vehicles crews receive a +1 roll modifier on any Piloting Checks required if the vehicle fails to fulfill the requirements for a turn mode (see p. 25, TO), while aerospace units reduce the Thrust Point costs for any special maneuvers by 1.

In addition to the above, all units piloted by a maneuvering ace receive a +1 roll modifier for any Piloting Skill Checks needed to avoid[...](in the case of aerospace units) random movements.

Bolded emphasis is mine.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1