Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 159570 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #720 on: 02 January 2023, 22:46:44 »
And this month we get to see if that applies to the Dominion as well, so time to join a Cloister and pray for us Ghost Bears lol

I can see it both ways, Joiners and Refusers, but for some reason, I lean towards Refusers

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #721 on: 02 January 2023, 23:42:52 »
My kingdom for BattleTech to stop making every damn Clan political movement a binary choice. Crusaders/Wardens, Jesses/Slips, Bastions/Aggressors… it gets a little silly after a while and skirts a little too closely to American politics for this escapist. 😂
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #722 on: 03 January 2023, 02:30:18 »
My kingdom for BattleTech to stop making every damn Clan political movement a binary choice. Crusaders/Wardens, Jesses/Slips, Bastions/Aggressors… it gets a little silly after a while and skirts a little too closely to American politics for this escapist. 😂

Yeah… let’s avoid that topic. Didn’t even consider it.

Back on topic: it does kinda suck that most recent BT choices politically are divided into two sides: with or against the IlClan. Certainly Alaric isn’t helping either with it. I know it’s the whole idea of the IlClan throwing a wrench into every Clans politics… but still it’s annoying.

That being said: I would have hoped the Nova/Spirit Cats would have found a better home in the FWL than they did in the Combine. I hope they would evolve into something more akin to the Dominion (or even the Ravens), and no longer shunned by their IS hosts.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #723 on: 03 January 2023, 02:40:00 »
Reading about the Fidalis I think the Nova Cats should go Mercenary Clan like say the Northwind Highlanders. It is a numbers game. There aren't that many Nova Cats left. But you can imagine them getting a planet of their own like so many mercs before. They can stay a bit mobile and not get subsumed by a Great House. And while we have seen Clanner mercs before, there has been nothing on that scale.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #724 on: 03 January 2023, 02:41:41 »
That being said: I would have hoped the Nova/Spirit Cats would have found a better home in the FWL than they did in the Combine. I hope they would evolve into something more akin to the Dominion (or even the Ravens), and no longer shunned by their IS hosts.

Considering they get an actual say in the FWL, official MP representation, and aren’t living on reservations and being shunned and hated by their xenophobic hosts, it’s hard to say that they aren’t doing better where they are now.

Reading about the Fidalis I think the Nova Cats should go Mercenary Clan like say the Northwind Highlanders. It is a numbers game. There aren't that many Nova Cats left. But you can imagine them getting a planet of their own like so many mercs before. They can stay a bit mobile and not get subsumed by a Great House. And while we have seen Clanner mercs before, there has been nothing on that scale.

If the Nova Cats went mercenary, they may as well just stop being Clan.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2023, 02:44:57 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #725 on: 03 January 2023, 06:57:02 »

With exception to the Bears, Ravens and Scorpions, as they are the grand mixers. But yes, I do see evolution in the fiction of Battletech being able to move past binary choices, will be interested further going into ilClan era, as alot more mixing lol

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #726 on: 03 January 2023, 11:02:57 »
With exception to the Bears, Ravens and Scorpions, as they are the grand mixers. But yes, I do see evolution in the fiction of Battletech being able to move past binary choices, will be interested further going into ilClan era, as alot more mixing lol

Oh no, the Scorpions have a story in one of the Shrapnel issues... and wouldn't you know it? Two political affiliations, LOL

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #727 on: 03 January 2023, 17:28:28 »
Knowing the Nova Cats luck

First merc contract sign on with ilClan scream surprise at their enemies and agree to go thump the Combine

First mission the Bears only Leviathan III jumps in wipes them out... excuse we do not like mercs... alaric shrugs shoulders moves on
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #728 on: 03 January 2023, 22:25:13 »
Oh no, the Scorpions have a story in one of the Shrapnel issues... and wouldn't you know it? Two political affiliations, LOL

Which one is that Tassa ? I have read "Plowshares", is there another one ?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #729 on: 04 January 2023, 00:02:04 »
Which one is that Tassa ? I have read "Plowshares", is there another one ?

“Moving Forward”, in Shrapnel #… 6, IIRC?

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #730 on: 04 January 2023, 04:22:18 »
“Moving Forward”, in Shrapnel #… 6, IIRC?

Yep, just started it now, thanks

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #731 on: 04 January 2023, 11:06:36 »
Yep, just started it now, thanks

I hope you enjoy it. I did not. It read more like a dry faction update than an actual story.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #732 on: 04 January 2023, 14:42:54 »
Knowing the Nova Cats luck

First merc contract sign on with ilClan scream surprise at their enemies and agree to go thump the Combine

First mission the Bears only Leviathan III jumps in wipes them out... excuse we do not like mercs... alaric shrugs shoulders moves on

You forgot to add that it will be one line of text without any details. ;)

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #733 on: 07 January 2023, 17:29:56 »
Looking at the Battletech products of recent years, I understand that there will be no revival of Nova Cats or at least a normal description of their destruction.

There will be something.  Kisho was in the Legends book as ilClan Era Character.  That alone (almost) guarantees some sort of expansion and follow up to the end of the Nova Cats in the Combine civil war.   If he's going to show up in this cycle of source books, odds are its going to be in Dominions Divided.

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #734 on: 17 January 2023, 17:46:28 »
There will be something.  Kisho was in the Legends book as ilClan Era Character.  That alone (almost) guarantees some sort of expansion and follow up to the end of the Nova Cats in the Combine civil war.   If he's going to show up in this cycle of source books, odds are its going to be in Dominions Divided.

I suspect Kisho will show up in IlKhan's Eyes Only, or whatever the next House Marik-focused book will be. The Spirit Cats and rest of Clan Protectorate are already becoming divided over whether to protect the Wolf Empire or not, i think Kisho will be the carrot Alaric can dangle in front of the Spirit Cats to get them to firmly jump.
Clan Protectorate

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #735 on: 17 January 2023, 19:59:58 »
I suspect Kisho will show up in IlKhan's Eyes Only, or whatever the next House Marik-focused book will be. The Spirit Cats and rest of Clan Protectorate are already becoming divided over whether to protect the Wolf Empire or not, i think Kisho will be the carrot Alaric can dangle in front of the Spirit Cats to get them to firmly jump.

I can see this happening

The Watch go out and find him bringing him to Terra then Alarc releases him and his remaining Cats with Wolf Mechs and the Protectorate falls in line

Kishos first act to give Rikkard an uncontested Bloodname and make him Khan with the ilKhans blessing

Minor internal turmoil keeps Spirit Cats on defence for initial period afterwards but they come out on ilKhans side

Also very possible but I feel Dominions Divided is going to be Ghost Bear, Combine, Raven and Davion focused which would leave the Nova Cat angle a footnote, unless said footnote is the Nova Cat survivors hot dropping onto the Combine homeworld and eliminating the Kurita family... >:D it might be too busy
« Last Edit: 17 January 2023, 20:04:43 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #736 on: 17 January 2023, 20:34:04 »
I can see this happening

The Watch go out and find him bringing him to Terra then Alarc releases him and his remaining Cats with Wolf Mechs and the Protectorate falls in line

Kishos first act to give Rikkard an uncontested Bloodname and make him Khan with the ilKhans blessing

Minor internal turmoil keeps Spirit Cats on defence for initial period afterwards but they come out on ilKhans side

Also very possible but I feel Dominions Divided is going to be Ghost Bear, Combine, Raven and Davion focused which would leave the Nova Cat angle a footnote, unless said footnote is the Nova Cat survivors hot dropping onto the Combine homeworld and eliminating the Kurita family... >:D it might be too busy
I suspect that its up to the writers who want bring up the project. I get the impression that interested writer will pitch the idea and CGI will decide it fits in their plans in the future. I think situation more fluid as far stuff like that.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #737 on: 22 January 2023, 03:11:41 »
So I'm hyped seeing the newest ilClan RecGuide have the MW4 Hellhound in it, because it's the Hellcat (Hellhound II), and I'm thinking it might be a Clan Nova Cat machine.  cERLL-heavy weaponry?  Check.  Cat in the name?  Check.  FedCom civil war era Spheroid Clan production (at least the MW4 version was)--check.  I mean, it's not perfect but I liked that 'mech in the game and its design is pretty great as well.
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #738 on: 22 January 2023, 14:23:28 »
Confirmed: with the Falcons basically stealing the idea for the Conjurer 6 and remaking it as the Hellcat.

In MW4 it’s quite good IMO: fast skirmisher to lead other mediums and lights in the early missions. In the TT I think it would perform similar roles, but the Conjurer 6 is a bit too slow for that so I could see it joining heavier stars for the same skirmisher role.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #739 on: 22 January 2023, 22:13:25 »
In MW4 it and the Shadow Cat were my favourite mediums by a long way now they are both Nova Cat 8)

And we get a featured pilot

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #740 on: 23 January 2023, 00:23:33 »

Kisho is the only character from the ilClan Era in Legends that hasn't shown up in any capacity since the fall of Terra.

I expect to see something, even if it's only an easter egg in DD.  Otherwise we are hitting the point where is has been just gone for 20 real world years, before he pops back in and does something Legendary.    I also fee like ilKhans Eyes is going to be dealing with so many loose ends by the time that drops there isn't going to be a lot of space for much else.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2023, 00:27:08 by Geg »

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #741 on: 23 January 2023, 18:27:48 »
Kisho is the only character from the ilClan Era in Legends that hasn't shown up in any capacity since the fall of Terra.

I expect to see something, even if it's only an easter egg in DD.  Otherwise we are hitting the point where is has been just gone for 20 real world years, before he pops back in and does something Legendary.    I also fee like ilKhans Eyes is going to be dealing with so many loose ends by the time that drops there isn't going to be a lot of space for much else.

I honestly dread hearing more about Kisho Nova Cat because I have the sneaking suspicion that, if not left a deliberate mystery, Clan Nova Cat is destined to be destroyed.  Of course I hope that he and his coterie regroup and form a spearhead vanguard to remake and retake Clan Nova Cat from the remnants languishing in the Clan Protectorate, but--

I'm expecting they write that Kisho died out in black space, his samples of the Nova Cat bloodnames lost forever.  Simply put, I don't think that the powers that be are terribly interested in the story of Clan Nova Cat.
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #742 on: 24 January 2023, 09:36:45 »
I would love to be wrong about it, but I sorta get the same feeling of dread whenever I hear something involving the Nova Cats myself. Their past track record has not been great in that aspect. Everytime they show up, SOMETHING horrible happens to them and they just get kicked down an even lower rung. I'm not sure how much further they can go considering the genocide, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #743 on: 24 January 2023, 16:41:47 »
In April, it will be ten real years since Nova Cats were annihilated in one page of the Era Report. Ask yourself how much do we know about their failed uprising? Can you name at least a couple of Nova Cat clusters from the time of the rebellion? And now name any other faction with a bunch of fans that has existed in the universe for a long time and cannot even play scenarios about their own death due to the lack of basic information. In my opinion, this is all you need to know about the attitude to Nova Cats.
Kisho in the Legends certainly supports some kind of hope. But the absence of any related announcements does not set up an optimistic mood. Maybe we should wait another ten years?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #744 on: 24 January 2023, 17:03:45 »
To this day, I loathe that the Nova Cat rebellion failed as comprehensively as it did. I think a great opportunity to actually have the rebellion achieve its aims (like, say, the independent Irece Prefecture they wanted, and Katana solidifying her hold on Dieron, forcing a tense détente between the two sides) was squandered in a blink-and-you-miss-it conflict that was never really given its due. I very, very much would've enjoyed seeing a Draconis Combine split between Yori/Toranaga and Emi Kurita/Katana Tormark/Nova Cats, where one side could embody the hardliners/old guard Combine and the other something more progressive and altogether new. Wasted opportunities!
« Last Edit: 24 January 2023, 17:12:00 by tassa_kay »

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #745 on: 24 January 2023, 18:13:06 »
I think that TPTB wrote themselves into a corner by wanting to both have the results of the Nova Cat Rebellion (the elimination of the Nova Cats and ex-Dragons Fury forces) and move into the Combine Invasion of the Federated Suns. The Combine could not realistically invade the Suns if they were divided, so the division had to be eliminated quickly.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #746 on: 24 January 2023, 18:21:46 »
I think that TPTB wrote themselves into a corner by wanting to both have the results of the Nova Cat Rebellion (the elimination of the Nova Cats and ex-Dragons Fury forces) and move into the Combine Invasion of the Federated Suns. The Combine could not realistically invade the Suns if they were divided, so the division had to be eliminated quickly.

Exactly and you couldn't have the Federated Suns not getting a beat down

Honestly if WizKids hadn't saved the Nova Cats in their DA timeline I think the Nova Cats could and probably should have died in the Jihad or the 2nd War, it was time for that part of the Clan the Jihad could easily have been their swansong

The Spirit Cats being inheritors of the Legacy arise from the Republics ashes

That's how i see the rebellion now "housekeeping" cleaning up Wizkids mess. Without the Rebellion very little of the Spirit Cat story changes except they don't meet Kisho

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #747 on: 24 January 2023, 19:22:47 »

The Nova Cat Rebellion was already planned by Wizkids. It was one of their last Origins event, where the Nova Cats led the rebellion for Daisuke Kurita. At that event, the Nova Cats won.

Truth be told, the Nova Cat rebellion was doomed from the start. From what we know, the Nova Cats had 4 Galaxies of troops roughly, probably no more than 12 clusters total. 3 of the 4 Dieron Regiments sided with them under Katana Tormark. 12 Clusters + 3 Regiments versus nearly 30 regiments of Kuritan troops is a losing proposition, even with surprise on their side.

Quote from: Dragon Cat
That's how i see the rebellion now "housekeeping" cleaning up Wizkids mess. Without the Rebellion very little of the Spirit Cat story changes except they don't meet Kisho

Again, the Rebellion was already planned and being put into the motions by Wizkids. Only they planned on having the Nova Cats win, which... would have certainly complicated matters. Or perhaps they would have acknowledged the Origins result by letting more Nova Cats escape.
Clan Protectorate

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #748 on: 24 January 2023, 20:59:50 »
To "win" they'd have needed to occupy Luthien, execute the Kurita family and install a government I'd have been down with that. Problem as you said it just doesn't work in the Grand scheme of things if it were pre Jihad with the Nova Cat navy maybe, shame they didn't win the Leviathan it would have made a nice Ark

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #749 on: 24 January 2023, 21:40:18 »
Exactly and you couldn't have the Federated Suns not getting a beat down

I mean, you could have. I would not have complained. But yes, TPTB definitely wanted the Suns to have a losing fight against the Kuritans and they needed a united Combine to do that. And that meant the Cats had to go. I agree the Cats probably should have fully joined the Republic during the Jihad.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0