Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 161179 times)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #180 on: 06 October 2014, 08:28:34 »
Revival trials is out!
No huge surprises. Some confirmation that marksmanship is one of our things, along with adaptability.
Also a Nova Cat RAT which will nicely do as an Invasion RAT considering we got lumped in with 'Secondary Invader' for Era Report 3052.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #181 on: 06 October 2014, 19:13:42 »
Revival trials is out!
No huge surprises. Some confirmation that marksmanship is one of our things, along with adaptability.
Also a Nova Cat RAT which will nicely do as an Invasion RAT considering we got lumped in with 'Secondary Invader' for Era Report 3052.

More than the Mysticism (although that's a HUGE part of it), the Marksmanship thing is what I like about the Cats.

(Still haven't purchased this, but I will, I promise!)
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #182 on: 06 October 2014, 23:11:16 »
I'd buy it, but the last one I got came with such a wonderful... surprise, that I never finished reading it. Call me crazy, but I'm a bit trigger shy these days.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #183 on: 06 October 2014, 23:37:31 »
I'd buy it, but the last one I got came with such a wonderful... surprise, that I never finished reading it. Call me crazy, but I'm a bit trigger shy these days.

It's pre-Operation Revival.  Really, you can purchase it safely knowing that the worst hasn't happened yet.   O0
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #184 on: 07 October 2014, 07:13:23 »
We even got to fight against the Smoke Jaguars!  ;D

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #185 on: 07 October 2014, 11:23:44 »
We even got to fight against the Smoke Jaguars!  ;D

...That is tempting. Kerensky knows the Cats haven't had an honorable, vicious opponent worthy of fighting, since the Jags went down.

I realize the potential irony of that statement, but if you think about it, it's true.

Jean Cocteau

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #186 on: 07 October 2014, 16:09:42 »
Personally I was a little disappointed with it

Lots has been covered elsewhere which is maybe the reason but I just found it a little bland I don't really know what I was expecting really I know the history

One little surprise which I think has showed exactly the trauma the Nova Cats went through.  Among the Clans our Touman pre invasion was one of the most traditional on par with the Falcons although we were more adaptable.

Considering the oppertunistic Nova Cats seeing them compared with the Falcons sheds new light on pre and post invasion Cats
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #187 on: 07 October 2014, 22:59:04 »
I always did prefer the Crusader Cats over what they became before the end. Anyone who can take on the Jags with regularity, get compared straight up to the Falcons, execute combat insertions like no one else, gut shoot an opponent from range with ease, and rip the ComGuards up like so many couch cushions is just someone worthy of a coolness award.

Damn, what happened? Did Leroux finally lose his last marble? Was it Winter's fault? Did they pass out special grape drink at the Clan Council right before the Great Refusal?

Jean Cocteau

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #188 on: 08 October 2014, 04:15:44 »
I suspect that the massive casualties the Cats took on Luthien and then Twycross did a lot to hurt the Cats beyond just material ans manpower. They also lost a lot of their best and brightest and their most talented and experienced warriors. Plus it would have massively undercut the Crusader cause within the Clan
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #189 on: 08 October 2014, 07:12:18 »
We were only Crusaders for opportunistic reasons. We wanted that fat loot. And we were hardly traditional except in military organization. Most of the our changes were us trying to adapt to massive losses but never fully recovering before getting hit with another sledgehammer.

If there was one thing I'd pinpoint as our 'WHAT were they thinking??" time, it when the Khans declared we'd fight on the IS side during the Refusal of the invasion. Even that might have been fine if they had told someone before hand and/or didn't BOTH die in it. Doing things because the voices in our head say 'go for it' might be one of our things, but that doesn't mean we need to completely cut off common sense.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #190 on: 08 October 2014, 23:06:44 »
So I bit the bullet and bought Revival Trials. Yeah, I know. So much for my resolve.

Anyway, I gotta say, I enjoy getting a peek into the Clans pre-Invasion. Hopefully we'll get some Political Century books or some such thing, to give me somewhere to play around with. Speaking of which, has anyone else... um, made their own "what if" Revival bracket? I've played around a bit, and so far the most interesting outcome (based on simple dice rolls for both placement and outcome) saw the Spirits taking first, the Jaguars second, and the Burrocks third. The Mandrills(?!) came out as the official Reserve Clan as well. A part of me would love to see how that plays out, to be perfectly honest.

I did another one that had the Cats place second, alongside the Coyotes and Hellions. Da Bears ended up in the support role. For some sick and strange reason though, the idea of the Spirits and Mandrills raising holy hell in the Inner Sphere together was more compelling, despite the idea of the Cats providing the main Crusader representation in the Invasion.

Jean Cocteau

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #191 on: 26 October 2014, 20:56:40 »
Man, the Jaguars can't conquer the Sphere on their own... the burrocks would just make friends with the spheroids, the blood spirits would just get upset and hide out in the chainelanes and the mandrills would just kick themselves out of their own invasion corridor.

I don't even know if Focht would have to break the Comguards out of storage
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
  • Beware the might of the Falcon, freebirths!
« Reply #192 on: 26 October 2014, 21:37:37 »
I kind of shudder when I think of what could have gone down if the Star Adders had been one of the original 4. That would've been interesting. I don't think either the Lyrans or the Dracs would've stood a chance. Twycross? Wolcott? Never would have happened.

The Blood Spirits would have been fun to read about too. They would have kicked a ton of ass, but I wonder how their chain of command problems would have hurt them when they ran into wily Davions or pro-Theodore Dracs.  >:D

Oh, the possibilities!! Man, I love this game!
Winning......it beats losing!

Aidan Pryde is my hero!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #193 on: 26 October 2014, 21:41:54 »
Man, the Jaguars can't conquer the Sphere on their own... the burrocks would just make friends with the spheroids, the blood spirits would just get upset and hide out in the chainelanes and the mandrills would just kick themselves out of their own invasion corridor.

I don't even know if Focht would have to break the Comguards out of storage

"Sir, there are invaders coming from beyond the Periphery, and they're all incompetent!"

"...you woke me up for THIS?"

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #194 on: 26 October 2014, 22:26:49 »
"Sir, there are invaders coming from beyond the Periphery, and they're all incompetent!"

"...you woke me up for THIS?"
"The BattleROMs are hilarious, Precentor."

"Did you bring the popcorn and Orange Crush then?"

"And the snuggly blankets sir."

"Squee! Best ComStar slumber party ever!"

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #195 on: 27 October 2014, 08:47:30 »
"Dibs on the Raisinettes! "

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #196 on: 27 October 2014, 11:20:18 »
Oh, the possibilities!! Man, I love this game!

That is the most truthful statement I've read all day
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #197 on: 27 October 2014, 18:43:14 »
That is the most truthful statement I've read all day

Heh!  :)) :))

I just had to say it. I've read a lot of bellyaching recently so I wanted to express some positivity about our wonderful game.

Aidan Pryde is my hero!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #198 on: 27 October 2014, 19:14:26 »

I just had to say it. I've read a lot of bellyaching recently so I wanted to express some positivity about our wonderful game.

Hell yeah!  Big, Stompy, Robots!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #199 on: 27 October 2014, 19:14:26 »

By a long way my favourite part of this game not the characters, factions or even the Mechs its the possibilities that BattleTech offers.

In canon the SLDF fell in an AU its still going strong

in every single game there are planets being used that are in the universe but have been given over to the fans to make their own (there's fracking rules for system construction!!  Those don't come around a lot)

You want a new WarShip - here's the rules, a nuke?  Yup.  You don't like the placement of that gun... you know you can change that...

So many games lock players into playing a certain way, using units that only work in a certain niche BattleTech lets me do SO MUCH MORE!!  It does unfortunately add to the complexity of our fair game and universe which can have drawbacks... :-\ but I love it!!

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #200 on: 27 October 2014, 21:34:27 »
There should be a 'like' button here on these forums. It's people like you two guys ( jklantern & Dragon Cat )that make it easier to get through all the whining that permeates these threads.

Cheers!

Aidan Pryde is my hero!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #201 on: 27 October 2014, 21:55:20 »
There should be a 'like' button here on these forums. It's people like you two guys ( jklantern & Dragon Cat )that make it easier to get through all the whining that permeates these threads.

Cheers!

Did I mention they killed my Clan (appropriate since we're in a Zombie thread here), turned the Falcons into raving lunatics and the Wolves into I am ilClan....  :'( ..... that's right we're ignoring the whining for a minute ;D

It's very easy to see the negatives, glance over the surface of the published material and see the bad or take something at face value and that's fine I don't actually have a problem with people who like the "vanilla" canon game - never personally felt like I could like BattleTech if I played it that way mind you - even being told when attending games that I couldn't customize my Mechs annoyed me.

But you dig deeper and this game and universe is far more than what you see or even what the sourcebooks say that is what makes BattleTech great.  Almost every book has at least one small paragraph that could lead to taking the universe in a complete different direction.

While reading that paragraph you could think yeah but this event had nothing to do with the universe... or you could take it and say this changes everything!!  I want an AU with this event yesterday!!  Bring Hanse Davion back to life, erase Devlin Stone from the timeline...  NOVA CATS???  We've got tons of damned Nova Cats they are not dead who said they were???  I declare a Trial of Refusal!!  See simples  O0

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #202 on: 28 October 2014, 06:52:14 »
Considering the time of year, I want an AU where the Nova Cats rise from their grave (literally) and seek vengeance :D (see title)

"Hey Gunso! This barrel labeled Trioxin is leaking. Is that gonna be a problem?
« Last Edit: 28 October 2014, 06:55:05 by Istal_Devalis »

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #203 on: 28 October 2014, 07:36:02 »
Hmm ... Nova Cat onyro rising from their mass graves.

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #204 on: 28 October 2014, 11:17:32 »
Hmm ... Nova Cat onyro rising from their mass graves.

And then start dancing to Michael Jackson's"Thriller" before going off to hunt their Draconis Combine murderers.
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #205 on: 28 October 2014, 11:20:59 »
Well that goes without saying.

Come to think of it, I do believe there's some Nova Cat specific lyrics for Thriller somewhere on this board.  O:-)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #206 on: 28 October 2014, 13:49:43 »
If we wanted to do an Undead star, what're good fits besides a Cauldron Born?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #207 on: 28 October 2014, 14:05:45 »
Cave Lions and Dire Wolves are both extinct animals, it's a start. Wendigo is a bit of stretch but possibly applicable. Then there's the Ocelot-ofloveforbrains.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #208 on: 28 October 2014, 19:11:44 »
Shadow Cat's a mythological being, and there's always the Phantom and Banshee, if you want to go that route. Huntsman also has a nice dark ring to it, now that I think about it.

NOVA CATS???  We've got tons of damned Nova Cats they are not dead who said they were???  I declare a Trial of Refusal!!

I'm in.

Jean Cocteau

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #209 on: 28 October 2014, 22:33:28 »
Shadow Cat's a mythological being, and there's always the Phantom and Banshee, if you want to go that route. Huntsman also has a nice dark ring to it, now that I think about it.

I'm in.

Also in, and the Huntsman could be argued as the Erlking/Arlking/King of the Wild Hunt/whatever the Bloody Hell that Fae entity is called.  Dresden Files fans know what I'm talking about.

Register