Author Topic: Your GenCon Reports Here  (Read 54107 times)

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
Re: Your GenCon Reports Here
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2014, 10:59:48 »
Thanks for the kind words. I have been working on gencon stuff since feb (thats why I haven't posted much of anythign new to the miniatures forum). I was tasked with making the Firestarter shine given the minis poor reputation and I am glad to see you all seem to be enjoying it. I wanted to do a DA Hatchetman as well but a mix up in an order an an absolute shipping nightmare that has still not been resolved (not with IWM mind you) so that didn't pan out. I did however get to add 2 of the brand new sculpts to the diorama in it's place so it worked out well I think. Soon as pics of the board get posted im sure you will spot them.  ;)

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2014, 11:04:08 »
Very nice Gunz! Excellent, superb work!  O0
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #32 on: 15 August 2014, 11:07:48 »
The FireStarter mini's poor rep?  ??? I think it's great!

The DA Firestarter, true, doesn't appeal to me. But the classic burninator -  O0
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #33 on: 15 August 2014, 11:35:30 »
Please put the mousepads in Battleshop!
I have a need, my poor dinner table is wearing out in certain mouse spots.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: 15 August 2014, 11:49:04 »
Yeah, Sorry DA Firestarter, not the original which I too love.  ;D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #35 on: 15 August 2014, 11:51:14 »
Any word on what is depicted in the diorama?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: 15 August 2014, 11:54:47 »
Oh I know what the diorama is, just not sure if it has gone up yet and I can't find any pics here or on Facebook. There were some 'issues' with shipping this year but last I heard it should have gone up this morning.

-Gunz

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #37 on: 15 August 2014, 12:11:18 »
Just found this, for all you lance pack lovers:

http://www.crittohit.com/events/gen-con-2014-catalyst-game-labs-day-one

Edit: Raven and Cataphract confirmed!

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #38 on: 15 August 2014, 12:15:25 »
I too was under the impression that the diorama would be up this morning. However, I can't find anything. Hope it went alright.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #39 on: 15 August 2014, 12:23:17 »
It's probably fine. Remember, most of the people there are too busy drooling over the diorama to actually take the time for pictures. The rest of the people there are probably too busy basking in their adulation.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #40 on: 15 August 2014, 12:26:37 »
U am curious as to what went on in "What's going on With Catalyst?"
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #41 on: 15 August 2014, 12:28:38 »
Yes. Yes I r.
My wife writes books

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #42 on: 15 August 2014, 12:34:12 »
It's probably fine. Remember, most of the people there are too busy drooling over the diorama to actually take the time for pictures. The rest of the people there are probably too busy basking in their adulation.

Fair enough. I had this image of someone dropping all the minis on their way to setup the diorama. I would totally be that guy; which is another reason I probably shouldn't go to GenCon. Or be allowed near anything, ever...

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 15 August 2014, 12:38:04 »
Another batch of mechs has been posted on Camospecs...this time it's the Republic Standing Guard painted by Mastergunz, who made the DA Firestarter look friggin AWESOME!
I love the Firestarter it makes the original look like it's a punk. Plus, Gunz made good use of the weapons effects stuff and the glow 'effect' painted onto the mins is awesome. Nice work on the Hunchback, too.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2014, 12:41:32 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #44 on: 15 August 2014, 12:41:24 »
Fair enough. I had this image of someone dropping all the minis on their way to setup the diorama. I would totally be that guy; which is another reason I probably shouldn't go to GenCon. Or be allowed near anything, ever...

You'd be surprised. They let me help out once. On the other hand, it's probably a good thing that helping out was for tearing down the booth instead of setting it up, since any help I gave was likely to end up being destructive instead of constructive anyway.
My wife writes books

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
« Reply #45 on: 15 August 2014, 12:50:21 »
So much nice items available at there. Not there to get :'(
Would be so nice for those that can't attend cons to get a chance to get stuff thru the Battleshop when con season is over. Would like to get some of the items. O:-)

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #46 on: 15 August 2014, 13:36:51 »
I made some comments somewhere around here about the lance packs and CGL better do it right...

I'll take my crow deep fried with a side of "I will shut up now"

Those minis look awesome, but more importantly the packaging looks like it belongs on store shelves where it WILL grab new players.

I will buy these.  I waAaant these!  Please sell lots so I can get my clan mechs in plasticy goodness too!

To the patient go the spoils

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #47 on: 15 August 2014, 13:41:51 »
Hilarious they decided to throw the near extinct Shogun in one of the Lance Packs. Whatever, I'll take it still.  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 August 2014, 13:46:59 by mechwarriorgarya »
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #48 on: 15 August 2014, 13:44:04 »
I made some comments somewhere around here about the lance packs and CGL better do it right...

I'll take my crow deep fried with a side of "I will shut up now"

If it makes you feel better, you just spiked in my esteem, putting you well above many other posters on this forum. O0

Hilarious they decided to throw the near extinct Shogun in one of the Lace Packs. Whatever, I'll take it still.  ;D

That might be hilarious, but what's disturbing is that you've made me want to paint and/or dress up a Shogun mini in a lace nightie.
My wife writes books

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #49 on: 15 August 2014, 13:46:11 »
That might be hilarious, but what's disturbing is that you've made me want to paint and/or dress up a Shogun mini in a lace nightie.

Hey, whatever you have to do to get through the day my friend.  ;)

* and now I see where everything went horribly wrong.   ;D
« Last Edit: 15 August 2014, 13:48:06 by mechwarriorgarya »
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #50 on: 15 August 2014, 14:28:36 »
If it makes you feel better, you just spiked in my esteem, putting you well above many other posters on this forum. O0

You're a Mod, aren't you supposed to not like all posters??? ;)

I wasn't bashing CGL for screwing up or anything.  I was 1.) confused by the story progression coming to a halt, 2.) hoping CGL would put out a nice finished product that could step AS up a notch and still attract the money of us old hats.  They hit number 2 on the head and I can see where the resources went away from story to get this done.

I applaud the effort.

I also think I'm going to make it to Gencon next year.  Which means I'll get to celebrate the Star Adders Ilclanship in person now! ;D

To the patient go the spoils

Chaos Cat

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Nuts
« Reply #51 on: 15 August 2014, 15:13:40 »
So much nice items available at there. Not there to get :'(
Would be so nice for those that can't attend cons to get a chance to get stuff thru the Battleshop when con season is over. Would like to get some of the items. O:-)

It could be worse! I'm 'there' but have seen so little due to my responsibilities as a father instead of responsibilities as a demo agent this year. I've been at the convention centre for a few hours since Wednesday evening, and that includes a big team Ontario versus team Michigan battle I took part in during the late hours  of setup night. I think I've found a new torture. It's so close, I'm constantly seeing GenCon badges, and yet mine sits on the floor of my hotel room for much of the day...

Oh well. No complaints about decisions made. I should be taking part in Masters and Minions tomorrow night.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #52 on: 15 August 2014, 15:25:19 »
I will buy these.  I waAaant these!  Please sell lots so I can get my clan mechs in plasticy goodness too!
No crow servings needed, I bet just hearing that you'll want and purchase them made CGL smile.  ;)
...probably, I'll still warm up a dish in case.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2014, 15:27:06 by Atlas3060 »
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #53 on: 15 August 2014, 16:52:21 »
Thanks to Wolf Lancer for the photo:

Republic vs Wolf Empire!

GunjiNoKanrei

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • tired ... very tired ...
    • darklined.com
« Reply #54 on: 15 August 2014, 17:03:32 »
Finally :)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #55 on: 15 August 2014, 17:04:15 »
Looking good.  Can't wait for some high-res shots
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #56 on: 15 August 2014, 17:12:03 »
Is that supposed to be the Cameron Star there?  That implies bad things for the Republic if I'm right.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #57 on: 15 August 2014, 17:15:11 »
It might be a daggerstar, but there does seem to be two points larger than the rest.

That said, I'd be surprised if such a momument to the Camerons survived on Terra during the Amaris Empire, let alone the Jihad.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 15 August 2014, 17:20:15 »
...or it could be something that someone put there recently. Do we know what the scenario is?
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #59 on: 15 August 2014, 17:32:01 »
Is that supposed to be the Cameron Star there?  That implies bad things for the Republic if I'm right.

I think it it is and I think it does as well.