Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 201805 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #420 on: 20 June 2015, 06:45:44 »
To the Ursa Major! And to Foxx....? *raises a beer*

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #421 on: 20 June 2015, 14:18:47 »
 [cheers] to the Ursa Major! and yes, of course, to Foxx :)
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #422 on: 22 June 2015, 02:50:29 »
you all make me blush. To the Ursa Major! a ship so bad ass it took 3 warships to take it on O0
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #423 on: 22 June 2015, 06:52:27 »
Four warships... Two limped out and one didn't make it back

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #424 on: 22 June 2015, 07:28:06 »
Don't make me be the one to suggest adding up the tonnage before you get too excited.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #425 on: 23 June 2015, 07:21:16 »
Don't make me be the one to suggest adding up the tonnage before you get too excited.

*Angry bear noises and general grumbling sounds*
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #426 on: 24 June 2015, 01:49:23 »
woo turned 31 and had fun with the Executioner. Figured id make a birthday post and show you guys the video i made of me Megameking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #427 on: 24 June 2015, 13:00:51 »
woo turned 31 and had fun with the Executioner. Figured id make a birthday post and show you guys the video i made of me Megameking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Sonova!!!
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #428 on: 24 June 2015, 13:59:04 »
As long as it still respected you in the morning.

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
« Reply #429 on: 24 June 2015, 16:55:11 »
I've got a shiny, new Kodiak II on its way to me right now, and I'm trying to decide what to put with it for a Star. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions?

Edit: He found friends in the form of a Mad Cat Mk II Enhanced, a Viking IIC (refit), a Bruin 2, and a Ryoken 2. Nice little Assault Star there.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2015, 00:23:13 by MidfieldMarauder »
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #430 on: 01 July 2015, 17:45:14 »
A question for those who are more bear-minded:

How does the Dominion go about their mechanized battle armor in the dark age/3145 era?  Gone are the days of every mech being an omni (not to mention every battle armor being mech-carryable), and near as I can tell the only tanks the Dominion uses as transports are hovers (Tyr, Eldingar).  There are several useful-looking infantry transports in the MUL, but the Dominion isn't interested in them.

The last option I see in the MUL with IT5 and Dominion availability is the Anhur VTOL.  So, is that pretty much the sole option for terrain that is hover-unfriendly?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #431 on: 01 July 2015, 21:12:58 »
The day of my decanting has come (and mosty passed) and now time to spend my hard earned spoils on more BT PDF's!

A little late but something on the order of two million to a versus  one point two: and of that half a million tons limped away.... Meh I'll take it.

As for you TDC: Foxx and Steve made a case a while back for good Omnis still being useful: not just mechs but tanks. The Epona still works, and the Hephaestus, both from the Horses. What Omnis we have are supplemented by these fast tanks. On the other hand forces that don't I think would still use the APC approach: Maxims , Saxons, and the like. And of course their is always the Kirghiz C...

I haven't done much in the modern era though so I'm not the best person to answer

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #432 on: 01 July 2015, 22:58:48 »
Happy Decanting day Tyler!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #433 on: 01 July 2015, 23:00:26 »
Yeah, Due to the ten-to-a-star nature of vees, you can move two stars of BA with one star of omni or apc vees. a whole trinary if they're omni APCs like the R-10 and you dont mind sequential unloading (You should mind sequential unloading.)
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #434 on: 06 July 2015, 17:24:17 »
This may be a silly question, but... are there any of the Kungs-Armé units still active as of 3145? Or is it an all-Clanner force that defends the Dominion?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #435 on: 06 July 2015, 17:47:13 »
This may be a silly question, but... are there any of the Kungs-Armé units still active as of 3145? Or is it an all-Clanner force that defends the Dominion?

It's a complex answer.  Generally, however, the KungsArme lives on as 2nd line forces integrated into the Ghost Bear Touman.  There are three galaxies (Tundra, Polar, Taiga) that are made up of clusters that are former FRR regiments.  Rasalhague Galaxy is a front line galaxy that appears to also be manned by non-Ghost Bears (judging by the names of the COs.. they don't look like bloodnames I recognize at any rate)

I'm sure some of the Dominion fans can elaborate in detail.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2015, 17:49:55 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #436 on: 06 July 2015, 18:24:31 »
Thanks! I'd be intrested in that.

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
« Reply #437 on: 10 July 2015, 11:27:37 »
So, I bought XTRO:Republic, Vol. 1 a couple of weeks ago, and only a few days ago did I really go through it to see what was there.

Did anybody else find themselves grinning in a sly fashion when reading about the "Surat" battle armor?

I think I need to add a Star of Grey Death suits to my GenCon buy list.
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
« Reply #438 on: 28 July 2015, 13:35:25 »
I would appreciate it greatly if my fellow Bears would vote for the Ursus in this month's Archive Special Return poll, down in the Iron Wind Metals section of the forum.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #439 on: 28 July 2015, 13:40:57 »
Voted! Lets all get us some Ursus!!!

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #440 on: 28 July 2015, 16:09:26 »
Ursi. :)

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
« Reply #441 on: 01 August 2015, 13:30:01 »
Uruses, Ursi, whatever.

Thanks to everyone that voted for the Ursus, as it's now tied for first and the vote closes on the 9th.  With any luck the Ursus should be one of the winners, even if it doesn't get anymore votes.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #442 on: 01 August 2015, 14:45:47 »
So played my first actual game of tabletop battletech the other day: Cept the guy didn't have his Clan models on him.

Ran Sucession era Awesome, hunchback, Jenner, and Cataphract against my Enforcer, Panther, Grasshopper, and Charger (AC-20 Srm and laser variant)

Well my major mistake was attempting a DFA with my very damaged Enforcer: because I've only played MM I didn't realize how bad ammo explosions actually were. Then my Charger rammed his AC down the Jenner and Hunchbacks throat. Grasshopper was a beast. He had to leave but gave me the game with his Awesome and Cataphract heavily damaged and my Grasshopper and Panther were pristine.

Told him I'd bring the tech manuals if he brought his CGB forces this week for another game. So hopefully I'll be representing our Clan in a couple days.

Also excited to know a couple guys in my area play the tabletop version 

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #443 on: 03 August 2015, 13:58:09 »
Good job! Just wait until you have a proper touman under you, trothkin!

(Yes, yes, the profile says CC, but CGB is my Clan Faction; I alternate between the two on my profile.)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #444 on: 03 August 2015, 18:10:58 »
I honestly don't wan to buy models (because of mainly lack of money (and I especially don't want to paint them )) but knowing theirs people in my area who do play almost makes me change my mind

Would probably create a Ghost Bear and a Wolverine Trinary circa 3145 and Annihilation era respectively.

(Cause it's all good that we have secondary factions)

In the mean time : I guess it's time to print out some record sheets!
« Last Edit: 03 August 2015, 18:13:26 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #445 on: 04 August 2015, 00:11:52 »
Uruses, Ursi, whatever.

Thanks to everyone that voted for the Ursus, as it's now tied for first and the vote closes on the 9th.  With any luck the Ursus should be one of the winners, even if it doesn't get anymore votes.

I got at least 3 votes from campaigning, will do my best to see if i can get more!

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #446 on: 05 August 2015, 11:53:23 »
Unexpected Question of the Day: If you had to paint all of your CGB mechs one color, would you pick grey or blue? 

Context: I have come to terms that I am never, ever going to finish painting everything if I keep using parade schemes, so I'm opting for single colors ala good old fashioned plastic army men.  Most factions are easy.  Almost all of my Inner Sphere mechs are being treated to SLDF tan.  The handful of mechs that I have that scream DCMS are all going to end up in red.  I can't decide if the Bears are more grey than blue, though. 

Cheers!
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #447 on: 05 August 2015, 12:12:46 »
Blue, jaguars and Gray, Wolves are Gray/brown, Falcons are green

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #448 on: 05 August 2015, 12:31:15 »
Oh... good point with the Jaguars.  I never considered them in my plans. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #449 on: 05 August 2015, 12:58:11 »
One of the reasons I like Beta Galaxy, is the ease of painting them up. Base coat blue, then some Grey and White highlights (maybe color the weapon barrels if your feeling really fancy) and done! A pretty easy scheme that also looks good.

"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club