Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 201364 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #690 on: 02 March 2016, 23:00:52 »

RDS Ragnarok

RDS Arctodus
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #691 on: 03 March 2016, 10:29:15 »
Which brings me to ask, if you got to name the next leviathan (lets all pretend we build another one) What name would you pick?

RDS Roar Roar Face Eater

or

RDS Winnie the Tseng
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
« Reply #692 on: 03 March 2016, 13:08:38 »
RDS Geisa
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
« Reply #693 on: 03 March 2016, 17:05:39 »
RDS Outrun This

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #694 on: 03 March 2016, 17:20:24 »
a few names i decided on was

RDS Kesagake (look it up if you have too, i know the combine wouldn't like this at all.)

RDS Binky

RDS Inuka
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #695 on: 03 March 2016, 23:59:58 »
RDS Blinky Bill

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #696 on: 04 March 2016, 00:32:10 »

RDS Kesagake (look it up if you have too, i know the combine wouldn't like this at all.)

Massacring women and children. Subtle.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #697 on: 04 March 2016, 07:18:51 »
RDS Theodore Roosevelt (named for the man who was the name inspiration for the teddy bear)
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #698 on: 04 March 2016, 22:36:15 »
RDS Theodore Roosevelt (named for the man who was the name inspiration for the teddy bear)
must use for battleship must!!!!!!!!!!!
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #699 on: 13 March 2016, 23:01:49 »
anyone have any input?
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=51616.0

ah, no cross posting allowed, doesn't matter anyway I guess, got a second source for the bases
« Last Edit: 19 March 2016, 10:45:46 by Zeruel »
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #700 on: 19 March 2016, 10:44:52 »
so throughout the Jihad, TPTB went out of their way to remove all the large fleets of the CBT universe

so what do you guys make of the Bears getting a new Leviathan? something to do with the ilClan? 2nd Homeworlds Invasion?
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #701 on: 19 March 2016, 10:58:43 »
so throughout the Jihad, TPTB went out of their way to remove all the large fleets of the CBT universe

so what do you guys make of the Bears getting a new Leviathan? something to do with the ilClan? 2nd Homeworlds Invasion?

As I said on another Thread re the Leviathan III

I may or may not be doing something regarding this beasty for the future and the Lev III is quite simply Deus Ex Machina.  She's not something you can use really, because she just causes ANYTHING to suffer critical existance failure and is grossly OP.  She in my mind exists as a plot point that we're slowly walking towards, and will be used as such, how I don't know. 

Perhaps the Republic sneak a nuke onboard and pin the evidence on the Dracs, and the Bear's go and do this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTE8qnJ7h8  and go 'have a very strong word' with the over extended DCMS. At which point the Raven Alliance goes "DOG PILE!" and gets involved as well, all this in turn helps the Davions out or does it become the IKS Alexsandr Kerensky, flagship of the IlKhan? We'll have to wait and see.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #702 on: 19 March 2016, 11:23:44 »
oh i totally think it has something to do with ilclan. WoR showed it ain't no party like a leviathan party!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #703 on: 19 March 2016, 13:49:17 »
It is a big plot stick and that scares me: if we're getting a plot stick that means we are going to use it for good r bad. That means something major is going to happen to our Clan. That means I have to watch for Herb over my shoulder every time I read a new release or Herb piloting the Levithan because it's going to destroy someone or something big and we might not like the results.

However a part of me hopes it ends up being a fleet in being, somethig that keeps people away for a long time until that fated commando strike nukes it. Five years of scared Spheroids would be nice if we can't use it.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #704 on: 20 March 2016, 21:40:14 »
The Ghost Bears are going to destroy Terra and declare themselves ilClan.  Anybody brave (or foolish) enough to challenge them is going to have to face their Leviathan fleet.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #705 on: 20 March 2016, 22:49:18 »
The Ghost Bears are going to destroy Terra and declare themselves ilClan.  Anybody brave (or foolish) enough to challenge them is going to have to face their Leviathan fleet.

Why?

They refused to use warship support against the Word on Terra becaude it was Terra. And that was when they were at their most nonsense genocidal blood fury. There's no reason at all for them to suddenly want to attack, let alone destroy it

"lol destroy terra" is this forums king of dumb replies
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #706 on: 20 March 2016, 23:28:43 »
Plot device.

Consider for a moment how a WarShip is meant to survive in an era of XL ASF, large assault DropShips, and nukes.

Small WarShips can't be armoured enough to survive. At the same time ships can't be so powerful that 'Mechs are devalued. Unless you push through practical combat to unplayable. All those docking collars aren't an accident. It is so you can slice off a piece of Leviathan and have a meaningful battle with all those DropShips, Small Craft, and ASF the game has been pushing for the last decade.

Who knows if WarShips are coming back? But the clear trend through the Handbooks after FWL and DC was that modern ships would be pushing the limits of the current rule set more that ships set in the past. Even that isn't true. Look at the SL era House ships.
Battletech is a long lived universe and there are plenty of examples of equipment built under old philosophies or rules being left behind (anything in TRO 3050. Original Clan Omnifighters. ) the L3s are future proofed and they will need it. If WarShips come back (big if) you can get a lot more optimized than a L3 (NAC boat) and they will rapidly get terrifying.

The above is uninformed speculation. I know nothing beyond the history of the L3. I don't know its future.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #707 on: 25 March 2016, 19:00:22 »
In stuck! Need the names for half a dozen warships of Ghost Bear manufacturer in an alternate universe/RP/ fan fiction w/e... Anyways need a Cameron, Liberator, Conqueror, Lola-III, Volga, and two Carracks.

I've just about run thru the list of various types of Bears, famous Bears, names suggested in these threads in the past, and canon names. The only thing I haven't done is use canon character names (Hans Jorgensson, Sandra Tseng, ect.) but that would require me to reshuffle a ton of names because no way the founders have a pair of transports named after them. So yeah basically I've run out of creative names

And then a second question although it's more of a forum rules question : if I wanted to ask about specific building of a fan made unit, but really only wanted to ask you Ghost Bears would I be allowed to ask it here?

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #708 on: 25 March 2016, 21:35:54 »
In stuck! Need the names for half a dozen warships of Ghost Bear manufacturer in an alternate universe/RP/ fan fiction w/e... Anyways need a Cameron, Liberator, Conqueror, Lola-III, Volga, and two Carracks.

Some of these are bear-themed.  Others are Scandinavian/Norse-themed (assuming the Rasalhagians merged with the Bears in your alternate universe).

Asgard -- Home of the Norse Aesir gods (Odin, Thor, etc.)
Atlas Bear -- Extinct subspecies of African brown bear used in Roman coliseums and appearing in Roman art.
Callisto -- Nymph turned into a bear in Greek myth.  Origin of Ursa Major constellation.
Cave Bear -- Large, extinct bear species from the Pleistocene.  Appears in Stone Age cave art and burials.
Demon Bear -- Obvious.
Fimbulvinter -- Norse for "mighty winter".  The prelude to Ragnarok in Norse mythology.
Glacier Bear (or Blue Bear) -- Subspecies of black bear with silver-blue hair native to Alaska.
Ghost Claw (or Fang or Maw) -- Obvious.
Grolar (or Nanulak) -- Hybrid polar/grizzly bear.  (Yes, they can interbreed.)
Hamask -- Norse term for changing into a bear and entering a wild fury, like a berserker in battle.
Ice Bear (or Isbjorn) -- Scandinavian name for polar bear.
Jarl -- Norse chieftain.
Kamui -- Ainu for bear.  Means "god".  The Ainu worshipped bears.
Kamchatka -- Brown bear subspecies.  Largest bear in Eurasia.  Russian (Kerensky's native tongue) place name.
Medved -- Russian (Kerensky's native tongue) for bear.
Nanuq -- Inuit name for polar bear.
Raging Bear -- Obvious.
Ring Giver -- Norse kenning for chieftain.
Sea Bear -- Alternate name for polar bear.
Spirit Bear -- North American subspecies of brown bear with white fur.
Valhalla -- Norse warrior's heaven.  Odin's hall.
War Bear -- Why not?

Or...
Baloo
Corduroy
Paddington
and Winnie-the-Pooh

« Last Edit: 25 March 2016, 21:38:28 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #709 on: 25 March 2016, 22:07:35 »
if I wanted to ask about specific building of a fan made unit, but really only wanted to ask you Ghost Bears would I be allowed to ask it here?

I'm not sure I understand the question, you want to ask our opinion on a unit you made?...what does that have to do with forum rules?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #710 on: 26 March 2016, 10:00:08 »
So clearly I hadn't thought if every bear related name lol... Thank you Miss Kerensky.

Well I wanted to really make sure Zeruel. Didn't want my double post moved forums or warned off lol

Anyways the question was going to be asking about pilots Codexes and whether or not the Ghost Bear pilots of this forum ever had them. For example I myself thru my MW4 days always fought with the First Bear Guards and Alpha Galaxy, eventually reaching Star Colonel. I was curious what others had earned/ preferred for their rank and unit designations in regards to the same aforementioned RP because I'm also short a few pilots and backstories..

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #711 on: 26 March 2016, 21:02:10 »
Zeruel once pwned my kodiak (years ago...we're old) with a Executioner,while i was in a very intense growing up phase of "hating" or "loathing" or just in general "whining" about executioners. Hows that for a codex entry? ....then again a frontline unit being a second line one isn't all that brag worthy...now is it Zeruel?  ;)

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #712 on: 26 March 2016, 23:09:28 »
and after 3145 NTNU, can't get foxx to stop using Executioners
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #713 on: 27 March 2016, 01:06:44 »
Some of these are bear-themed.  Others are Scandinavian/Norse-themed (assuming the Rasalhagians merged with the Bears in your alternate universe).

<snip>Or...
Baloo
Corduroy
Paddington
and Winnie-the-Pooh
You forgot Teddy Ruxpin :D
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #714 on: 27 March 2016, 17:34:34 »
So clearly I hadn't thought if every bear related name lol... Thank you Miss Kerensky.

Well I wanted to really make sure Zeruel. Didn't want my double post moved forums or warned off lol

i think you'll be fine, just direct us to the original post instead of posting here, or if it's in a file attachment

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #715 on: 27 March 2016, 17:36:47 »
Zeruel once pwned my kodiak (years ago...we're old) with a Executioner,while i was in a very intense growing up phase of "hating" or "loathing" or just in general "whining" about executioners. Hows that for a codex entry? ....then again a frontline unit being a second line one isn't all that brag worthy...now is it Zeruel?  ;)

beating your secondliner with a frontliner? nah, not brag-worthy...beating your 100-tonner with one nice double-tap from an UAC-20 to your CT was brag-worthy ;)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #716 on: 27 March 2016, 18:19:09 »
beating your secondliner with a frontliner? nah, not brag-worthy...beating your 100-tonner with one nice double-tap from an UAC-20 to your CT was brag-worthy ;)

"Center Torso?  What Center Torso?  I don't see no stinkin' Center Torso!"
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
So if you were to make a striker star, what would you use? Right now i'm in a game using a Karhu G,Mad dog III B,Viper H, Beowulf IIC and a Dasher II on a 45x45 map with a big crater in the middle surrounded by ruins.

snewsom2997

• Captain
So if you were to make a striker star, what would you use? Right now i'm in a game using a Karhu G,Mad dog III B,Viper H, Beowulf IIC and a Dasher II on a 45x45 map with a big crater in the middle surrounded by ruins.

Arcas 3, Vulture III B, Grizzly, Kuma, Executioner P

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
not a bad selection, not a fan of the Kuma, but if you can rock it more power to you!