Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 201344 times)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1290 on: 29 August 2020, 17:42:42 »
1 is ancient and everywhere. Unseen.

2 and 3 are left overs from fighting Adders. Reseen

3 and 7 are GK&T. Reseen

5 and 6 should be Falcon. Unseen? What was the art in Milspec?

8 is ancient video game so left overs should be available or modified from 1s. Unseen

What does the MUL say?

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1291 on: 29 August 2020, 20:00:04 »

What does the MUL say?

as of the Dark Ages, the factions that have access to the Mad IIC are:
Mad IIC - Falcon, Bear
IIC 2 - Falcon, Bear
IIC 3 - Falcon, Bear
IIC 6 - Falcon, Wolf
IIC 7 - Bear
IIC 8 - Falcon, Bear
IIC 9 - new in RecGuide 6, presumably Falcon only for now
IIC 10 - new in RecGuide 6, presumably Falcon only for now

in their write-ups, the IIC 2 & 3 are Adder creations, 6 by the Falcons, 7 the Bears, according to the RecGuides 8 and 9 are ancient variants reintroduced by the Falcons, and 10 is new by the Falcons (and of course the original is anyone's guess, created pre-Invasion)

"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1292 on: 29 August 2020, 20:04:50 »
Furthermore...
1 is ancient and everywhere. Unseen.
Not everywhere, according to the MUL, only Bears and Falcons

2 and 3 are left overs from fighting Adders. Reseen
I don't recall the Bears fighting the Adders too much, but maybe I'm just forgetting

3 and 7 are GK&T. Reseen
I think you mean 4 and 7, well it seems the 4 is no longer produced by the Dark Ages
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1293 on: 29 August 2020, 23:27:38 »
It says bears can produce their own variant and the Phoenix models, would the 9 be considered a Phoenix model, like the 8 (I think that’s right)?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1294 on: 29 August 2020, 23:44:38 »
Since 9 and 10 were just introduced in RecGuide 6, with the new (updated old) art, I would say it's not a Phoenix model

Again, my question is though, since when can the Bears produce all the Phoenix models?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1295 on: 29 August 2020, 23:55:47 »
Since 9 and 10 were just introduced in RecGuide 6, with the new (updated old) art, I would say it's not a Phoenix model

Again, my question is though, since when can the Bears produce all the Phoenix models?

Maybe I misinterpreted what it says, “... joining the Rasalhague Dominion’s “Phoenix” models as the formidable core of many Clan assault formations.”

It’s at the very bottom of the first Paragraph in the write up.

Maybe it just means the 4 and 7 not every Phoenix model? The plural ‘model’ threw me.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2020, 00:12:32 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1296 on: 30 August 2020, 00:11:58 »
Maybe I misinterpreted what it says, “... joining the Rasalhague Dominion’s “Phoenix” models as the formidable core of many Clan assault formations.”

Maybe it just means the 4 and 7 not every Phoenix model? The plural ‘model’ threw me.

Ok, so going back to my initial post, according to the MUL, the Bears have access to every Mad IIC model except the 6 (the 4 and 5 are not listed as available to anyone by the Dark Ages, so this probably means no they are no longer produced and none survive, or survive in such small quantities so as to be irrelevant)

The Bears had access to the original Mad IIC along with all the other Clans, but by the Dark Ages, only the Falcons and Bears still have it (producing? Just ancient relics?)

As for the remaining variants, the Bears only ever were said to produce the 4 and 7, and the rest being Adder or Falcon in origin...

I don't recall any major Trials between the Bears and Adders or Falcons that they would gain enough Mad IIC 2s, 3s and 8s to be a primary user of them in the Dark Ages

And as pointed out, RecGuide 6 says the Bears can produce the Phoenix models...so since when? How? Trade with the Falcons and Adders?
« Last Edit: 30 August 2020, 00:14:15 by Zeruel »

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #1297 on: 30 August 2020, 16:43:56 »
Maybe they bought the design specs from the Foxes?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1298 on: 30 August 2020, 16:56:20 »

Still need a place to build it.

There are a couple options of where,
New Oslo has a Bergan factory as well as old Wolf/HH facilities (although it could have disappeared since it was acquired in Ronin Wars), Throndheim has a vehicle factory that we might have kept and upgraded or expanded when the local Sea Foxes left to go screw off with the Davions, rebuilt facilities on Giotto or Thule (Thule was supposed to have a massive complex before it was destroyed), or an expansion of the lines on Satalice (the factory originally had 3 lines, so one was not in use).

The last decent factory list Clans have had was in 3085, so 70 years is a long time for things to change.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1299 on: 30 August 2020, 18:11:35 »

the Foxes don't have access to the design, not according to the MUL anyway

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1300 on: 30 August 2020, 18:28:03 »
I think most clans have the specs to create old IIC model mechs, the same way that everybody was making all of those old school mechs during the Jihad. Periphery nations were like, "Why don't we make Wolverines?"

All those old Star League mechs don't need to be reverse engineered the way a proprietary mech might need to be. Honestly, they're probably the type of mechs the people who design mechs are educated on in training.

That being said, if someone makes it, you can typically get it from the Sea Foxes. We're good at trading.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #1301 on: 31 August 2020, 20:31:37 »
I was going to say the MUL should say the Foxes have access to the design if it's something they can trade, but then I thought about how the Bears must still be able to produce the Mad IIC 4 (as an example) if they really want to, they just don't, and yet the Mad IIC 4 is not on any faction list in the Dark Ages...

so what does this mean really? does the MUL only reflect what 'Mechs certain factions actually use in that time frame, and not necessarily what they have the ability to produce should they desire?

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #1302 on: 01 September 2020, 20:51:00 »
so what does this mean really? does the MUL only reflect what 'Mechs certain factions actually use in that time frame, and not necessarily what they have the ability to produce should they desire?
Was the MUL ever meant to depict current production?
Afaik it is more or less an inventory summary. Mechs listed for us can be used by us because we have them in sufficient numbers, from what sources doesn't seem relevant.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1303 on: 01 September 2020, 22:35:56 »
Was the MUL ever meant to depict current production?
Afaik it is more or less an inventory summary. Mechs listed for us can be used by us because we have them in sufficient numbers, from what sources doesn't seem relevant.

As far as I can tell that’s correct. It’s meant for a more solid view (than RATs certainly) of what a faction can field in a given time with some regularity. I do wish it had a option or even a marking denoting a home grown variant tho.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1304 on: 02 September 2020, 14:40:08 »
As far as I can tell that’s correct. It’s meant for a more solid view (than RATs certainly) of what a faction can field in a given time with some regularity. I do wish it had a option or even a marking denoting a home grown variant tho.

That would be a useful addition to the MUL.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1305 on: 02 September 2020, 16:32:24 »
That would be a useful addition to the MUL.

I almost purely mess around with the mobile version so I could never tell what the Star next to the name meant. I thought it was home produced version, cause when I looked at the Karhu it was always there. Then I saw it was just for TRO:3085, which is really old now. Probably an artifact left over from when that was the newest thing.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1306 on: 03 September 2020, 14:56:43 »
I almost purely mess around with the mobile version so I could never tell what the Star next to the name meant. I thought it was home produced version, cause when I looked at the Karhu it was always there. Then I saw it was just for TRO:3085, which is really old now. Probably an artifact left over from when that was the newest thing.

I think its there to show the primary model, the others introduced in the same TRO don't have it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1307 on: 25 September 2020, 14:25:48 »
Who said you can't make a 4? After all, it's a variant that as long as the plans are still readable, IE: still in the computer, you should be able to make it. Sure it a one off, but Star Colonel Bob is ristar and he got permission to command it.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1308 on: 20 October 2020, 17:09:30 »
Been a while since I posted, but still love the Ghost Bears.

I just received my Wave 1 shipment on Sunday and opened up all my salvage packs. Much to my delight, I got 3 Executioners. As I like to say, you can never have enough Executioners.

Now I can equip the Ghost Bear Supernova I'm building with an entire star of Executioners. I am a happy man today. I might just go ahead and move the Kodiak and Kingfisher into the Bravo Nova now, joining 2x Mad Dog and a Stormcrow.

Charlie Nova is now 2 Viper, 2 Fire Moth, and a Mist Lynx. Though, I admit, it is tempted to reopen the PM and get a 3rd Fire Moth. I love those little guys.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1309 on: 24 October 2020, 18:35:01 »
My clan take away from the first wave!

So for me I came away with:
Ice Ferret: x3
Viper: x3
Mad dog: x3
Hellbringer: x3
Gargoyle: x4
Nova: x4
Timberwolf: x3
Summoner: x2
Direwolf: x2
Koshi: x1
Stormcrow: x1
Shadowcat: x1
Executioner: x2
Adder: x2
Mongrel: x2

Now to decide how I want to group them!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1310 on: 25 October 2020, 11:05:46 »
Salvage pile? Isola bait?

:)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1311 on: 25 October 2020, 14:41:49 »
I’ll post mine later today but I know I have 35 more Elementals to add :)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1312 on: 25 October 2020, 20:29:28 »
I’ll post mine later today but I know I have 35 more Elementals to add :)
Stars or points? Either way that's a lot of toad!! I plan on buying some elementals either through flgs or second wave.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1313 on: 25 October 2020, 20:44:37 »
@Foxx -  Are any of those Timberwolves Legendary?
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1314 on: 25 October 2020, 21:23:32 »
Stars or points? Either way that's a lot of toad!! I plan on buying some elementals either through flgs or second wave.

35x total One Star. Two Points. About to open the rest :D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1315 on: 25 October 2020, 21:43:47 »
@Foxx -  Are any of those Timberwolves Legendary?

Just one. But aren't all ghost bear Timberwolves legendary?;)

35x total One Star. Two Points. About to open the rest :D

I was about to be excited for the rebirth of Zeta galaxy.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1316 on: 25 October 2020, 22:46:40 »
Just one. But aren't all ghost bear Timberwolves legendary?;)

I was about to be excited for the rebirth of Zeta galaxy.

I mean..... I have three full Trinaries now including an Undine and Rogue Bear Star....

My salvage included a Nova, Mist Lynx, and Adder to pair along with my Invasion box (Executioner, Timber Wolf, Nova, Adder, and Grendel).

I also ordered (IIRC) a Clan Fire Star and Heavy Battle Star.

All in total my Ghost Bear force will comprise of 17 Stars of Mechs, one of Vehicles, and 9 of Battle Armor split into two Clusters with Command Stars/Novas. Assembling, Basing, and Painting are actually currently in progress.

And just in case that isn’t enough I’ve got a Wolverine Trinary and an Inner Sphere Regiment (bolstered with four new UrbanMechs ;) )

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1317 on: 28 October 2020, 15:32:58 »
May you unit, ( Regiment ) be all Liao!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1318 on: 28 October 2020, 17:05:12 »

TT

Full Merc: I have various units that could function as independent House Companies (IE the Fourth Ed. Three Dragon, Three QuickDraw, Three Panther, Three Jenner Company lol)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1319 on: 29 October 2020, 03:38:31 »

TT

It was on the day star captain Rutger got his star of hueys that he finally understood what it ment to let your inner liao free.

Register