Author Topic: alpha strike gencon cards  (Read 2066 times)

charliesnike

• Recruit
alpha strike gencon cards
« on: 23 November 2014, 11:15:15 »
I saw a preview card that looks fantastic O0. I hope these become available to all of us soon

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: alpha strike gencon cards
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2014, 15:15:26 »
You can get last year's cards from Drivethru RPG as part of their Print on Demand deals. But they have the old point values and are missing some revisions to special abilities. 
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2014, 20:27:16 »
I have been out of the loop on this (I bought the rulebook and cards at Gen Con 2013) and was wondering after the point values in my lance pack didn't seem to line up with the ones from Gen Con.

Is there somewhere I can find errata for the Gen Con 2013 cards? Or are they useless now and I need to print off unit cards from the MUL?
Kisho lives

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2014, 20:38:05 »
For most of the cards (the ones that come from the Aloha Strike rule book sample companies), the Alpha Strike rule book will list the stat changes they have (REAR, 0* damage), including PV changes.
I'll have to look at the named character card, I haven't made a list of changes for them.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2014, 20:53:57 »
Do you mean the Alpha Strike companion? The rule book came out at the same time as the cards.
Kisho lives

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2014, 22:06:47 »
The new Point Value system came out in the Alpha Strike Companion.   Errata to the Alpha Strike rule book was created to use the new PV system.  The 60 (?) of the Gencon cards are the small companies from the AS rule book, so the errata to their stats is covered in the AS rule book errata.  The 9 or so named pilot units in the Gencon deck are not from the AS rule book, so the changes won't be listed there.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register