Author Topic: New hex pack?  (Read 2617 times)

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
New hex pack?
« on: 17 January 2015, 02:08:20 »
So what's this new hex pack I see coming out in 2015? Something called tactical operation counters?  Any information on this. All online sellers list it for the rpg. And within the first two pages of Google search none linked directly to catalyst or Battletech.com
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Re: New hex pack?
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2015, 23:30:36 »
Haven't heard of that or is that the one associated with DnD that looks like heroscape stuff?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2015, 00:15:29 »
It's listed at a Battletech product with a product id of cty35... I assume the cty stands for catalyst. Cost is around the same as the other hex packs. I've been waiting for another one to come out. I hope it's true.
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2015, 08:54:16 »
Reading the descriptions and seeing a lack of image or specific release date (even a tentative one), I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this is a fake product until someone from Catalyst says otherwise.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2015, 17:50:11 »
Certainly piqued my interest as it is all over the various online game stores....
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2015, 17:59:17 »
Before the Battlechats finished, Herb mentioned a few times that a HexPack of tiles using the advanced terrain types from TacOps was in the planning stages.  Could be this is it, or it could be that some distributor has jumped the gun, as they are wont to do.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Frank Olson

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2015, 09:48:07 »
Are all the old Hexpacks out of print? At least in Germany every reseller says "out of stock". Were they a big failure and aren't produced anymore?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2015, 09:58:01 »
Are all the old Hexpacks out of print? At least in Germany every reseller says "out of stock". Were they a big failure and aren't produced anymore?

All are out of print. Lakes and Rivers is very hard to find, and only online scalpers seem to have it in stock. Stocks of the other two are dwindling. Adrian Gideon has stated that there are no plans to print more.

It may have been a failed experiment. It seems the majority of gamers have moved on from hex maps.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2015, 11:15:37 »
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”