Author Topic: Mechwarrior 2 Meets MechCommander  (Read 3278 times)

L1011Widebody

Mechwarrior 2 Meets MechCommander
« on: 12 April 2011, 07:34:42 »
For those fans of both Mechwarrior 2 and MechCommander, here's something I made myself you might enjoy! It's a re-creation of the first mission of the Clan Wolf campaign (Pyre Light) from Mechwarrior 2, in MechCommander (Gold). Complete with awesome music! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/d9f22o0mSWk

pickledtezcat

• Corporal
Re: Mechwarrior 2 Meets MechCommander
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2011, 09:45:26 »
That's pretty good.
I never played mechcommander gold.

Those mechs seem to die pretty fast... I though 1 round (of classic battletech) was supposed to be 10 seconds (of real time)?

L1011Widebody

« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2011, 16:22:54 »
I just played it on Easy difficulty because I was mostly demo-ing the mission itself. On regular difficulty the battles are more even. But it still plays a bit faster than 10 seconds per turn.

Degman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2011, 15:01:03 »
Can you share this mod with the rest of us to play?  ;)

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2011, 23:34:59 »
Geez, now I have to get my MechCommander discs out from storage...

I know what I am doing this weekend.
Made by HikageMaru

L1011Widebody

« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2011, 07:23:42 »
Admittedly it's not quite finished yet (the briefing for example isn't filled out) and there's still some tweaks I'd like to do balance-wise. For instance, I've never seen the MechCommander AI utilize jump jets in combat so there's no point in giving them jump-capable mechs. My first thought was to use the Shadowcat-J as a stand-in for the Nova but since there's no jump jets that's really irrelevant.

I've thought about doing the rest of the campaign. I don't have the necessary skills to make an actual campaign out of it (I believe it requires some programming or something), and I'm not sure about how some of the missions would work. Blade Splint for example, I'm not sure how to get the player to 'inspect' the power converter, and THEN destroy it, so that might just be a simple destroy mission. Cold Crescent though (the one where you infiltrate the terraformer base as a disguised Jade Falcon mech), I have no idea how to make that.

I suppose I could spruce it up and post it, forgive my ignorance but where would a good place be to post something like that? I'm not actually that familiar with the Mechcommander community, it's just a game I've enjoyed playing around with in my spare time. :)

...and no, the music and Mechwarrior 2 sounds don't come with it. I added those to the video myself. :)

catman341

• Recruit
  • Insanity since 1985
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2011, 10:44:20 »
first off great job makes me wanna pull out my copy of mechcommander to bad something messed up the disc
Hey what about trying to have something to capture near the converter Mobile hq or something else equally silly
Cougar Battlemech-1,900,000 C-bills
6 er lasers 2 srm 2's engine upgrade and jumpjets  - 500,000 C-bills
Solaris Championship Entry fees- 400,000 C-bills
Being the only mech left out of two Dire Wolves due to not having to rely on Ammo- Priceless

Hey why is it getting hot and why am I in a handbasket