Author Topic: Aerospace Phenotype and VDNI  (Read 2003 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Aerospace Phenotype and VDNI
« on: 08 March 2015, 03:02:46 »
OK, in the rules for (B)VNDI it says that they use pretty much the same rules as EI, with the exception of Fatigue damage every two or three years, depending upon implant type. Now the EI rules say that Aerospace Phenotype only take that damage every 3 years, so is this a +2 years or a *3 mod to the interval?

ntin

• Sergeant
Re: Aerospace Phenotype and VDNI
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2015, 23:22:12 »
I am going to wager that the writers did not consider a Manei Domini implant like BVDNI would interact with Clan Trueborns rules. Might be worth asking on the "Rules Question" forum but I think the answer will be GM makes a judgment call.

Go For The Throat

• Warrant Officer
  • I would rather not be known as the underkill guy.
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2015, 11:55:18 »
I do not know if the Areospace Phenotype modifier would even be applicable, but assuming it is (unless you get an official ruling that says different), I would say the +2 years, because the resulting 9 year check interval from using the *3 modifier seems pretty ridiculous.
Victor Davion, proof that even with the technology available in the BattleTech Universe, it still takes 104 years to get rid of VD...
IlClan: Where Clan Tech is given, not earned.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2015, 07:42:38 »
The Clan ideal is to fight excel get a blood name if you are worthy . Failing that to die glorious in battle and .not die of old age in bed. The contest for a blood name is one that emphasizes the natural talent. and drive of the warrior to see if they are worthy and not obscure the contest with too much technologies. Once your place is determined then you can pursue technological edges and advancements to make you a great warrior . VDNI cockpits would be the way the Clans pursue that technology . The deadly side effects would only be a concern once his performance outside  the cockpit started to show then the Star Captain would be looking for a mission for the warrior to die gloriously in battle perhaps with melee weapons in a circle of equal to preserve the cockpit for  fresh disposable warrior without damage to the Cockpit itself .. If the original pilot wins in the circle it proves he is tough enough to keep it until he deteriorates further and has to defend his right to the cockpit again in a trail of possession in a circle of equals . This far more in line with the Clan mind set than cyberware implants .