Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 164714 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #930 on: 17 February 2017, 17:56:18 »
I will bring my Griffin, Alacorn, and Karnov with battlearmor.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #931 on: 17 February 2017, 18:52:43 »
This is Col. Greyjoy of the Ironborn.  My Marauder, Crow's Eye will deploy to the battlefield.  Master Sgt. Saltcliffe, it's time to put your Zhukov tank to use.  Chief Warrant Officer Hoare, configure Sgt. Zhou's Badger to B configuration and prepare it for immediate departure.  Cpl. Labrov, Cpl. Tai, you'll be mounted up with your IS Standard BA squads in Sgt. Zhou's vehicle.

"What is dead may never die!"

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #932 on: 17 February 2017, 19:12:13 »
Anthony, I finally have a history and roster for the Ironborn.  I'll bring it to the next game.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #933 on: 18 February 2017, 08:09:09 »
I will bring my Griffin, Alacorn, and Karnov with battlearmor.

got it ... Alpha or Bravo Karnov?
« Last Edit: 18 February 2017, 08:23:36 by shadhawk »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #934 on: 18 February 2017, 08:19:51 »
This is Col. Greyjoy of the Ironborn.  My Marauder, Crow's Eye will deploy to the battlefield.  Master Sgt. Saltcliffe, it's time to put your Zhukov tank to use.  Chief Warrant Officer Hoare, configure Sgt. Zhou's Badger to B configuration and prepare it for immediate departure.  Cpl. Labrov, Cpl. Tai, you'll be mounted up with your IS Standard BA squads in Sgt. Zhou's vehicle.

"What is dead may never die!"

Roger Ironborn units

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #935 on: 18 February 2017, 08:20:52 »
Anthony, I finally have a history and roster for the Ironborn.  I'll bring it to the next game.

very good I look foward to see what you have  O0

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #936 on: 18 February 2017, 08:29:42 »
got it ... Alpha or Bravo Karnov?
The one that hasn't just gotten out of the shop.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #937 on: 18 February 2017, 21:34:53 »
The one that hasn't just gotten out of the shop.

That would be the Alpha unit  O0

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #938 on: 19 February 2017, 09:06:50 »
Command to Hauptmann Franks
You will be defending the urban area.
Driving off or destroying the OpFor will work.
You will be heading to one of the islands to the north.
Please keep the damage to the city and civilian casualties to a minium.

Hauptmann Franks to command protecting the civilians and city is a given
my archer piloted by Lieutenant Abigail Franks
my Maxim with Alpha and Bravo platoons commanded by SGT Maj Morgan Franks
and my bandit hovercraft F  commanded by SGT Carl Franks
awaiting your pleasure at the dust off point

**questions for the - ALL POWERFUL AND GREAT GM -
1. would it be allowed to split each of the platoons into four 7 man Squads? so they can cover more area within the city?
2. are we going to be able to arrive and already be "in Place" before the opFor arrive or are they already harassing the populace and we are going in hot?

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #939 on: 19 February 2017, 09:20:46 »
to my fellow commanders

i was thinking (i know this is always a dangerous thing to do- lol) IF we get there ahead of the incoming OpFor we should spread our ground units out among the city's buildings as much as possible this way they can not only protect the people in said building but they can call in fire for who ever needs it as well

if we are going in "hot" we will have to deploy "on the run" as best we can

if we are driving them out of the city we need to figure out what assets will stay in the city to defend it in case the opfor forces are using the a fall back strategy to draw our forces out of the city and to have us spread out so we can not back each other up. remember protecting with little or no damage to the city is the goal and driving them off is copleatly acceptable.

what do you all think?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #940 on: 19 February 2017, 12:39:37 »
Hauptmann Franks to command protecting the civilians and city is a given
my archer piloted by Lieutenant Abigail Franks
my Maxim with Alpha and Bravo platoons commanded by SGT Maj Morgan Franks
and my bandit hovercraft F  commanded by SGT Carl Franks
awaiting your pleasure at the dust off point

Roger that transport in inbound.

**questions for the - ALL POWERFUL AND GREAT GM -
1. would it be allowed to split each of the platoons into four 7 man Squads? so they can cover more area within the city?

you can deploy your infantry how you see fit.

2. are we going to be able to arrive and already be "in Place" before the opFor arrive or are they already harassing the populace and we are going in hot?

the bad guys are already on site. how do you think we know were they are.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #941 on: 19 February 2017, 13:21:47 »
ok i have to post a corrected roster seems i forgot who was who and where they were .... my bad  sorry

will be sending my archer

my bandit F

and my striker light tank

sorry for the confusion

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #942 on: 19 February 2017, 14:13:27 »
I've decided to replace my Alacorn with the Maxim I deployed a few games ago.  One errant gauss slug can take down a building.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #943 on: 20 February 2017, 12:03:11 »
I've decided to replace my Alacorn with the Maxim I deployed a few games ago.  One errant gauss slug can take down a building.

you can switch out the Alacorn for any other "Armored" unit not an infantry unit.

Mission Spec is 1 Mech, 1 Armored and 1 Infantry unit

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #944 on: 20 February 2017, 12:13:57 »
I'll keep the Alarcorn.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #945 on: 20 February 2017, 16:42:41 »
I'll keep the Alarcorn.

Sounds good

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #946 on: 20 February 2017, 20:05:29 »
ok the bad guys are already there so we will have to push them out of the city with as little damage as possible , no damage at all would of course be the ideal.

putting the infantry in buildings is still a good idea i think but we will have to wait to see the layout of the area to come up the final strategy but remember our job here everyone if they retreat we may not want to run them down and leave the city unprotected

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #947 on: 22 February 2017, 17:14:47 »
Hey guys -

Sooo... I guess the other schiltron is out if we need to "minimize damage to the city" [brew]

Anyway on a more serious note, since everyone else is bringing heavies, I'll bring in a light mech to be able to move between hotspots and flank slower opponents.  Options are the  recently repaired owens or the new jenner with my unit boss in it.  Let me know what you guys think about whether or not we want electronics heavy or sheer firepower, owens being the first, jenner being the second.  Another consideration is that the Owens, being an Omni, would allow another BA unit on the field.  Leaning towards the jenner at the moment because of the jump capability, always really useful in a city. 

I will definitely want the ability to split the infantry into squads, so plan accordingly please, shadhawk.

units assigned will be:
1) Pegasus
2) maxim w/associated inf (not the one in training)
3) mech choice between the above two

Couple of questions for you shadhawk:
1)  timeframe on being able to integrate c3 networks between units
2)  have we hit the 3rd month since the initial purchase from the trader yet? want to know when my galleons will become available
3)  have you a price for the tokugawa we discussed yet?
4)  have you an answer about the availability of other vehicles from the same manufacturer yet?
5) how many unit personnel will be needed to get the restaurant up and running, and will their use affect my combat capability in game while they are there?
6) have I yet been made aware of the presence of diamond sharks at the trade show?
7) wish to know what I can get for the clan gauss rifle, actuators, myomer bundles, clan es is, etc from the shadow cat arm if I decide to sell them...
8) wondering if there are any research organizations who have the ability to try to reverse engineer things locally who might be interested in clan tech stuff from line above
9) how much would it cost for our trader friend to be able to bring out an air lance of conventional combat aircraft if I can find a subordinate merc unit to hire?
10) is there a possibility of hiring such?
11) what would THAT unit cost monthly?
12) if not possible to subcontract, is it possible to hire such internally, and timeframe/costs associated with doing so?
13-16) same questions as 9-12 above but for a combat engineering unit with associated vehicles/equipment
17-20) same questions as 9-12 above but for a combat airlift unit able to carry my entire force with associated vehicles/equipment
21) I have 2 pilots with 1 point of dmg from previous battles I forgot to ask about procedures to heal when we did repair rolls... what is necessary to get them back to full health?

okay, so it was a bit more than "a few" questions...  I know 9-20 are a stretch and probably way out of my budget at this time, but I like to plan ahead [legal]

Will check sometime Saturday to see what folks think about the mech choice, and decide then about definite selection.

by the way obnoxious twerp, love the fluff discipline report.  (also, only now noticing the musashi name, cool choice)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #948 on: 22 February 2017, 18:28:16 »
5) how many unit personnel will be needed to get the restaurant up and running, and will their use affect my combat capability in game while they are there?
1. Which MechWarrior is your cook, waiter, etc.?
2. How many nights a week do you plan to have them working?
3. Can your warriors deliver food just before an operation?
4. Can we have a wine list?
5. Do you have gluten-free items on the menu (one of us has allergies)?
6. Can we have individual checks, or do we have to do the math?
« Last Edit: 22 February 2017, 18:37:34 by jimdigris »

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #949 on: 22 February 2017, 19:11:55 »
Hey guys -

Sooo... I guess the other schiltron is out if we need to "minimize damage to the city" [brew]

Anyway on a more serious note, since everyone else is bringing heavies, I'll bring in a light mech to be able to move between hotspots and flank slower opponents.  Options are the  recently repaired owens or the new jenner with my unit boss in it.  Let me know what you guys think about whether or not we want electronics heavy or sheer firepower, owens being the first, jenner being the second.  Another consideration is that the Owens, being an Omni, would allow another BA unit on the field.  Leaning towards the jenner at the moment because of the jump capability, always really useful in a city. 

I will definitely want the ability to split the infantry into squads, so plan accordingly please, shadhawk.

units assigned will be:
1) Pegasus

i think the Jenner maybe a good choice for the reasons you stated the firepower and the jumping, the rest of your choices sound good

remember everyone that we are to bring

1 mech

1 infantry unit (a troop transport)

1 armored (would be a tank type with no infantry in or on it)

i still think we should try and get the troops into the buildings asap and we should not spread ourselves to thin

what do you all think we should do?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #950 on: 22 February 2017, 20:32:32 »
Hey guys -

Bring the other one so I can make matching bookends  ;D

shadhawk.

units assigned will be:
1) Pegasus

so far so good

Couple of questions for you shadhawk:
1)  timeframe on being able to integrate c3 networks between units

This is being worked on but you techs more so then the others have had very little to work on this.

2)  have we hit the 3rd month since the initial purchase from the trader yet? want to know when my galleons will become available

You have had crews for them for a while.
I will post the skills after work.

3)  have you a price for the tokugawa we discussed yet?
4)  have you an answer about the availability of other vehicles from the same manufacturer yet?

I will have that info Sunday

The people for the restaurant are not combat personal as far as I know. Now if you unit has one of its gunslingers doing the cooking this could be more fun then I already have in mind  >:D

6) have I yet been made aware of the presence of diamond sharks at the trade show?
7) wish to know what I can get for the clan gauss rifle, actuators, myomer bundles, clan es is, etc from the shadow cat arm if I decide to sell them...

This we can talk about Sunday

8) wondering if there are any research organizations who have the ability to try to reverse engineer things locally who might be interested in clan tech stuff from line above

This is a C tech world. They do not have the tech base.

9) how much would it cost for our trader friend to be able to bring out an air lance of conventional combat aircraft if I can find a subordinate merc unit to hire?
10) is there a possibility of hiring such?
11) what would THAT unit cost monthly?
12) if not possible to subcontract, is it possible to hire such internally, and timeframe/costs associated with doing so?
13-16) same questions as 9-12 above but for a combat engineering unit with associated vehicles/equipment
17-20) same questions as 9-12 above but for a combat airlift unit able to carry my entire force with associated vehicles/equipment

This also can be talked about on Sunday

21) I have 2 pilots with 1 point of dmg from previous battles I forgot to ask about procedures to heal when we did repair rolls... what is necessary to get them back to full health?

Rolls will have to be made

okay, so it was a bit more than "a few" questions...  I know 9-20 are a stretch and probably way out of my budget at this time, but I like to plan ahead [legal]

Will check sometime Saturday to see what folks think about the mech choice, and decide then about definite selection.

As people get better with the small tool box we will move on to the bigger tool boxes  ^-^

As of now turns take way to long to add in more toys.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #951 on: 22 February 2017, 20:38:04 »

remember everyone that we are to bring

1 mech

1 infantry unit (a troop transport)

1 armored (would be a tank type with no infantry in or on it)

This not correct. If you have an Omni Mech or vehicle with battle armor said battle armor is good to go. Also if a combat vehicle has infantry or battle armor as part of it they too are good to go

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #952 on: 23 February 2017, 19:47:55 »
Thanks, Crash and everyone on the comments on the fluff and naming.  After (dear god) 33 years of gaming, I suppose I'm not capable of doing much straightforward any more, and I live for the people that I'm playing rather than simply the mechs (hence Bully coming out of nowhere darned near fully formed). 

In that vein, exposing a little of Grandmother's motivations behind the scenes for the players if not the characters, here's the part of the fic I managed to get done for the scene immediately after the fight with all those little autocannon...

I prefer the Kage to the Kanizuchi battle armor.  It’s faster, a little more flexible, and has better sensors, or at least MY Kage armor does.  It’s in my opinion the best armor for bodyguarding Grandmother.  What no amount of toggling between telescopic and mag res will do, however, is make up for leaking atmospheric seals.
                The scent of burning human bodies is something I never wanted to smell again, and although the armor protected me from most of it, I wanted to lose my guts.  Watching Grandmother helped me, though.  Despite the hair crawling out from under her surgical cap, despite the sweat, her attention didn’t shift from the injured.  Made it pretty much necessary, though, to give her a bodyguard.  She’d never notice a sniper before it was too late.
                Or I could be wrong.  I think that she may have noticed Bisho coming before I did.  He, at least, looked like I felt, stumbling slightly and white faced as a newborn baby, breathing shallowly to try and keep himself away from the smell.  Despite that, and his designer jacket flapping in the breeze, he remembered to salute when he caught up with her, though he looked anywhere but at the poor trooper who resembled nothing so much as poorly cooked barbecue.
                “Doctor, I report as ordered”.  His voice was softer than I’m used to, ordinarily he makes an effort to sound like something OTHER than a bishounen trooping around in his father’s battlemech.  This time he almost wheezed more than spoke.
                She at least had the grace to nod at him before she spoke, which I personally wasn’t betting on.  “Miyamoto, explain your actions.  Why did you again identify yourself as Ronin two four, why did you let your brother identify himself as Ronin six nine, and WHY did you deploy our battle armor and battlemechs after the battle was already over?”  Her tone didn’t raise in volume, but somehow I expected to see little bloody furrows open along his face as her tone scourged him.
                He drew in a deep breath, which may have been a mistake as his face went from white towards green, but that could have been a reflection of the forest camouflage on my armor, and then let it out slowly.  He bowed, more of a dip than a formal bow, and spoke.  “Doctor.  I would remind you that when thousands of citizens of Hilo were hurt and killed, you responded instinctively in an attempt to save as many lives as possible.  When I heard the sound of many autocannon firing, and heard the great mass of encrypted communications, I knew that many more soldiers, and probably citizens of Nejiro, were dying.  They refused me in the past when I offered assistance, but I knew that it was my duty to offer aid again.” His eyes flickered back and forth to the wrecked tanks and APCs, and the all too many bodies, around us.  “These people, after all, are in the service of our Clan and our House.”
                I realized then that I really haven’t seen Grandmother lose her temper before.  I didn’t quite see it this time, either, but I became aware that she had one.  “Really, Miyamoto-san, OUR Clan and OUR House?  Explain.”
                “Grandmother, I try not to be a fool.”  He bowed to her.  “Your Clan, your house.  Meiyo Saganami is your blood, MY blood.  Her retainers are ours, the citizens of her world pledged to a member of our family.  Honor demands that I act to preserve her retainers, and her citizens, if possible.  You have a warrior’s spirit, you trained us as warriors.  Let us act in accordance with honor.”
                Grandmother winced.  This conversation was turning out to be full of things I’d never seen before.  I didn’t realize I was holding my breath until she nodded and then let it out softly so hopefully they’d both forget I was still here.  “Miyamoto-san, honor has killed more of our family than anything else.  Your father, your uncle, your grandfather, all of them dead because they chose to stand for honor without realizing that others have honor as well, and that sometimes those without it can be skilled.  I do not question your honor or skill, but if honor demands that you expose the last of our branch of the House to its’ enemies here on Nejiro, then fight well, but remember that the fighting off the battlefield is sometimes deadlier than between Battlemechs.”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #953 on: 24 February 2017, 08:16:39 »
Kudos to you, sir! O0

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #954 on: 24 February 2017, 09:46:52 »
Thanks, Jim!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #955 on: 25 February 2017, 08:26:06 »
Crash, go with the Jenner.  How's transportation for you this week?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #956 on: 25 February 2017, 21:14:22 »
Crash your Galleons are 5 / 6 and 4 / 5.

sorry for the delay to many things going on.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #957 on: 26 February 2017, 22:33:20 »
This is Col. Greyjoy of the Ironborn to all unit commanders,

Due to today's failure in the field and the criticism of our superiors with our efforts.  I propose a summit of the COs and XOs of the Ironborn, Hands of the Goddess, the Franks Family, and the Free Worlders to discuss ways to better mesh our forces together.  This may or may not include the election of a supreme leader for all our units.  It is for this reason that I am not including the Com Guards (as they have their own hierarchy to answer to) or Dragon's Clutch (they answer only to the governor and Dr. Musashi) as part of this summit, though they are free to send delegations if they so choose.  I propose this meeting take place in Hilo City since I am the one who has suggested this.  The Ironborn will provide security for the summit.  If this is agreeable, then please respond as soon as you can.  Cesar and our other enemies will not wait for us to get our act together, and neither will our superiors.  If they think we cannot do our jobs effectively, then I have no doubt they will replace us with people who can.  I await your response.

Colonel Euron Greyjoy

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #958 on: 27 February 2017, 13:40:34 »
Dear Colonel Greyjoy,

I am honored that you chose to invite a delegation from the Dragon's Clutch, and I will take advantage of your invitation.  May I suggest, however, either as part of this summit or as a separate track, that Technical officers or Logistics officers be invited.  In that fashion, hopefully our subordinate personnel will start understanding the interactions that will be necessary.

Thank you,
                                                                                                    Dr. Kira Musashi

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #959 on: 27 February 2017, 17:34:05 »
Dear Colonel Greyjoy,

The Hands of the Goddess will attend.  We'll bring snacks and the medicinal herbs.

Captain Quentin Bonanno